News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2016 releases

Started by Halichoeres, September 09, 2016, 03:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

Great review! I intend to get a few of the ones you got for Christmas too! ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Flaffy

Whaaaaatttt? :o Basilosaurus has an articulated jaw? That explains the weird seams on it's head.
Do the new PNSO suffer from easily chipped paint as well? Any problems with the articulated jaw?

ceratopsian

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 24, 2016, 11:10:42 PM
Okay, I received some of my PNSO products today. I am still awaiting the Nyctosaurus......

Thanks for this review - really helpful.

Minmiminime

These models are SO desirable!! I'd love to see some collector's photographs if anyone has any yet? Either way I'm certainly going to take the plunge with the Basilosaurus and Chungkingosaurus when I can afford to...really like the Huanghetitan and the two hadrosaurs, too!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

sauroid

tanystropheus' review is enough for me to want to get them asap. please post pics of them when youre able. thanks.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

Quote from: sauroid on September 25, 2016, 03:43:25 PM
tanystropheus' review is enough for me to want to get them asap. please post pics of them when youre able. thanks.
Indeed! I would love to see detailed pics of the Chungkingosaurus and a demonstration of the articulated jaw of the basilosaurus! ;D

tanystropheus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 25, 2016, 05:02:11 PM
Quote from: sauroid on September 25, 2016, 03:43:25 PM
Indeed! I would love to see detailed pics of the Chungkingosaurus and a demonstration of the articulated jaw of the basilosaurus! ;D

I would love to post pictures, but my schedule is a bit hectic at the moment. I was thinking of making one of those DIY light boxes to better showcase my collection, but I suppose that project will have to wait for a rainy day.

And, no, the paint app won't chip. It's applied very uniformly over the models. The Megalodon has some slight white outlines over battle damaged areas (presumably, from fights with other Megalodons) but those white highlights appear to be intentional. Also, the battle damage isn't extensive, barely noticeable, but the shark does have all sorts of textures going on...

Silvanusaurus

An articulated jaw on the Basilosaurus? The deal is well and truly sealed.

Toasaurus

Let me get this right you said theres an articulated jaw on the basilosaurus is it true or not cause I just ordered the basilosaurus and I would like to know I looked on the description of the on Amazon and it said nothing please let me know 

tanystropheus

Quote from: Dreadnoughtus Schrani on September 25, 2016, 09:41:40 PM
Let me get this right you said theres an articulated jaw on the basilosaurus is it true or not cause I just ordered the basilosaurus and I would like to know I looked on the description of the on Amazon and it said nothing please let me know

Yes, it is articulated. :)

Toasaurus

tanystropheus

Quote from: Dreadnoughtus Schrani on September 25, 2016, 10:24:47 PM
Do all of them have it

No.

The Chungkingosaurus has a permanently closed mouth, and the Megalodon's jaw is permanently open.

Simon

Just got the Chunkingosaurus - for a mere $69 it is a STUNNING BEAUTY!!!

Its basically like having a Sideshow piece for 1/4 of the price - the vinyl is thick and heavy, the seam lines are invisible ...

I do not buy premade dinosaur figures (I build large models), but his one is absolutely a MUST!

Flaffy

I'm conflicted over whether I should purchase the basilosaurus or chunkingosaurus.
I've always wanted a decent (and affordable) basilosaurus, especially one with an articulated jaw, but the serpent vibe I'm getting from it is a little bit annoying.
If it's true that the chunkingosaurus is as good as the stock images and comparable to sideshow kits, then I really want the chunkingosaurus. However, I was never a huge sucker for stegosaurids....
Decisions, decisions...

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

acro-man

I probably will not buy any one from this batch.
They are just too big.

Instead, I am waiting for the upcoming 1/35s:

Rumors say Zhao Chuang already have dozens of completed prototypes like this new 1/35 trex.
But the "product brochure" or "featured book" is not ready.
And sadly, it seems to be a really long wait.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

sauroid

WHOAH! not feathered but still sooo awesome!
*waits for the nitpickers to chime in*

and is that a confirmed Tyrannosaurus rex?

Silvanusaurus

By Jove! A whole other line of 1/35 figures with that level of quality? If they keep up this pace and consistency, they are going to make much of the competition look like amateurs.

Flaffy

Welp, I guess I'm holding off buying from this batch as well. ;)
Any links or sources we can dig into and probably catch an update or two?

sauroid

supporting them this early in the game would ensure that they would produce more great figures in the future. holding off til "next season" might just discourage them because of low sale. just saying.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: