News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

BlueKrono's Collections

Started by BlueKrono, September 12, 2016, 06:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archinto

Aahh thats right, it was Sebulba not Jarjar. I have them both :)

I think i got my entelodont in a large lot of dino riders i got a long time ago. Tyco prehistorics were once endorsed by smithsonian and sold as accurate figures back in the day after dino riders was kaput. Too bad they didnt redo the entelodont at that time.

Cant wait to see what you post next!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

BlueKrono

Archinto - This pretty much rounds out the small collections. The big ones are coming up soon!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Roselaar

Dang, that Ice Age figure means Hesperornis is off the Unique Species List!

BlueKrono

Indeed. But we can throw Ostafrikasaurus on there thanks to the new JP figure. I've got it in my Acro collection.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Megalosaurus

Nice figures.
What are the 2 white diplocaulus figures in the bottom right of the picture?
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

BlueKrono

Megalo - I got that pair on eBay a number of years ago, along with a very odd-looking plesiosaur presumably by the same artist. The seller had other dinos for sale as well, but the artist's name wasn't given, whether it was the seller themself or not. They are hard resin.

BlueKrono

Prehistoric aquatics (non-fish)

BlueKrono

Roselaar

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 13, 2016, 11:22:22 PM
Indeed. But we can throw Ostafrikasaurus on there thanks to the new JP figure. I've got it in my Acro collection.

JP figure? Which one would that be?

And is that a very pink Starlux Cephalaspis I'm spotting there?

BlueKrono

Roselaar - It's in the Jurassic World Brawlasaurs line. Here's a link to the Hasbro page showing it. I couldn't believe it when I spotted that name on the packaging in my local store; I had only known about this dino from spinosaur taxonomic charts.
http://www.hasbro.com/en-au/product/jurassic-world-brawlasaurs-carnotaurus-vs-ostafrikasaurus-figure-pack:5391A016-5056-9047-F5F3-CBE009D965D7

And yes! That one was from a children's magnetic fishing game I bought at Gatorland in Orlando, FL. I was in the gift shop and spotted a shape familiar to any collector of prehistoric fish, in a bubble pack with other babyish, fruity-colored modern fish. I bought the whole game just for that figure, despite my lady friend giving me the side-eye. It's cheap plastic and hollow with no bottom.

Roselaar

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 14, 2016, 05:26:57 PM
Roselaar - It's in the Jurassic World Brawlasaurs line. Here's a link to the Hasbro page showing it. I couldn't believe it when I spotted that name on the packaging in my local store; I had only known about this dino from spinosaur taxonomic charts.
http://www.hasbro.com/en-au/product/jurassic-world-brawlasaurs-carnotaurus-vs-ostafrikasaurus-figure-pack:5391A016-5056-9047-F5F3-CBE009D965D7

And yes! That one was from a children's magnetic fishing game I bought at Gatorland in Orlando, FL. I was in the gift shop and spotted a shape familiar to any collector of prehistoric fish, in a bubble pack with other babyish, fruity-colored modern fish. I bought the whole game just for that figure, despite my lady friend giving me the side-eye. It's cheap plastic and hollow with no bottom.

Oh my, how could I have missed that as a JPtoys mod?! Probably the fact I don't give a damn about these Brawlasaurs. That said, adding Ostafrikasaurus to the list. And thanks for the tip. ;)

Halichoeres

This is a great collection! That pink Cephalaspis is a charmer. What other weird animals besides Hesperornis were in Ice Age dioramas?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Halichoeres - Due to a limited budget I only have the ones from the species I collect. I picked up the Hesp, the Platybelodon (can be seen in the prehistoric elephants collection), the Pliosaurus, and the Metriorhynchus (known as Maelstrom and Cretaceous respectively in the 2nd Ice Age movie). I think the seller might have been from Poland. They sure are neat, with three-dimensional scenery and a name plaque in their little cubes.

BlueKrono

Starting to get into some of the bigger collections. Amargasaurus/ Rebbachisaurus collection. Basically any sauropod with a sailfin on its neck or back.

BlueKrono

BlueKrono

BlueKrono

BlueKrono

BlueKrono

Dilopho

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 28, 2016, 02:53:02 AM
Mosasaur collection:

Ooh, who did that big piece?  :o
Also...are those Carnegie and JW bootlegs?
(The dark green mosa and the small white one.)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.