News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on May 09, 2012, 09:12:38 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on May 09, 2012, 04:18:11 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 09, 2012, 04:08:17 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on May 09, 2012, 02:47:45 PM
What went wrong with the 2012 Collecta Mapusaurus? The more I look at it, the more disappointing it gets. It has a decent size, an adequate paint job and a cool head sculpt, but those damn silly legs ruin it, like they weren't made for this figures. It doesn't look that way on Collecta's stock pictures... :-/
At least it's worth considering a purchase- you can't really say that about the older CollectAs.

I hope CollectA keeps on improving  8)

Yeah, it's still of enough interest to get it, but it really looks like something is wrong with it. especially compared to what Collecta's stock pics promise. Design flaws? Here's some pics:

It just looks nowhere near as badass as this one:

In short, it looks like a fermented turd--this is by far the worst Megalosaurus representation that I have ever come across.  And, what is up with the Beavis and Butthead arms on this figure?

http://www.spin.com/sites/all/files/styles/style620_413/public/field/image/110722-beavis-butt-head.png

Lastly, what an ugly mug!-It bears a striking semblance to the 2011 Australovenator's insecure expression.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Horridus on May 07, 2012, 06:51:06 PM
Some of the new Schleich figures in the wild.

New T. rex with old 'Godzilla' T. rex for comparison.

And a couple of the new 'Velociraptor'. The lower lip sticks out and what I presume are the 'feathers' look like weird flaps of skin hanging from the arm; it is 99% scaly. Has weird, perching feet in spite of the fact that it's a knuckle-leaning tripod. Simply a horrible, horrible figure.

Sad. Absolutely nothing like the stock image. I was initially interested in the Schleich Velociraptor, especially as a companion piece to Papo's version.  Now, it looks comical (the lower jaw is identical to Collecta's old raptor).  There are no feathers to be seen here.  The eyes look disturbingly humanoid. I don't like this figure  *yuck*

Meso-Cenozoic

Fresh new topic here. ;)

Has anyone ordered the new Carnegie Brachi yet? I've seen it's available now on some sites. I'm getting mine for my b-day at the end of the month! ;D

ITewan

im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on May 13, 2012, 12:35:45 AM
Fresh new topic here. ;)

Has anyone ordered the new Carnegie Brachi yet? I've seen it's available now on some sites. I'm getting mine for my b-day at the end of the month! ;D

I'll be ordering mine from Dan as soon as it's in ! :)

indy1936

Fresh new topic here. ;)

I ordered from Safari several months ago. Its been on back-order for over 2 months. Safari is saying a release date around May 15th.

SBell

Quote from: indy1936 on May 13, 2012, 04:05:58 AM
Fresh new topic here. ;)

I ordered from Safari several months ago. Its been on back-order for over 2 months. Safari is saying a release date around May 15th.

That's about when we're expecting to have them sent to us as well.

Roselaar

Quote from: ITewan on May 13, 2012, 01:54:24 AM
http://www.everythingdinosaur.com/models-and-inflatables/papo-dinosaurs-and-papo-prehistoric-animal-models.html?p=3
Everything Dinosaur has stocked to Papo Baby T Rexs!

And the Bullyland Spinosaurus as well. Now for the Carnegie Brachiosaurus and the rest of the Collectas.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Does anyone else manage to wait and make one big order from their store of choice ?  It's a hard thing to do ! lol

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 13, 2012, 05:44:08 PM
Does anyone else manage to wait and make one big order from their store of choice ?  It's a hard thing to do ! lol

I made a fairly big order (13 figures) from ED last week. I can only wait so long, plus I want to keep shipping costs reasonable. If I waited for all of the 2012 releases to be out and ordered them all at once, the shipping would kill me.

SBell

I just wait until they come into the store  ;D Seeing as I rarely need Papo, and even more rarely Schleich, I can usually trade to get those with Safari or CollectA figures (which we do carry).  We are also looking into Bullyland, because why not?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on May 13, 2012, 08:16:50 PM

I just wait until they come into the store  ;D Seeing as I rarely need Papo, and even more rarely Schleich, I can usually trade to get those with Safari or CollectA figures (which we do carry).  We are also looking into Bullyland, because why not?

I try supporting my local store but the markup is so much..I now only buy the Safari Dragons from there as Dan doesn't them so far.

I do collect Papo and I have been looking for some of the older Schleich pieces...but they don't seem to come up for trade often as far as  I can tell.

Bully..sure if you can carry em' why not indeed. If they do make something you want you will have ready access ! ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on May 13, 2012, 07:46:26 PM

I made a fairly big order (13 figures) from ED last week. I can only wait so long, plus I want to keep shipping costs reasonable. If I waited for all of the 2012 releases to be out and ordered them all at once, the shipping would kill me.

I generally find it's cheaper to ship more at once in an order instead making several small orders. Even there is a big item..the shipping for tossing a few more figures together isn't usually much of an increase.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 13, 2012, 09:11:09 PM

I try supporting my local store but the markup is so much..I now only buy the Safari Dragons from there as Dan doesn't them so far.

I do collect Papo and I have been looking for some of the older Schleich pieces...but they don't seem to come up for trade often as far as  I can tell.

Bully..sure if you can carry em' why not indeed. If they do make something you want you will have ready access ! ;D

Hey, I can get you the dragons (most of them--some sell ridiculously fast).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on May 14, 2012, 12:02:36 AM

Cool. I have to get the new 2012 from my list. My grandpa and aunt picked up the last ones for me for Christmas. ;D

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 14, 2012, 08:06:58 AM

Cool. I have to get the new 2012 from my list. My grandpa and aunt picked up the last ones for me for Christmas. ;D

Well, we've still got the Cloud ($22), Swamp ($15 or $17, can't remember at this point) and hatchlings ($5? $6?).  And of course the Hydra, which is extra cool ($25).

One thing about this year--someone really likes purple!

CityRaptor

Isn't the Dragon in that Pony Series purple? Maybe they are trying to cash in on that.

Oddly enough, not a single German online store that carries CollectAs has the new ones yet.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on May 14, 2012, 02:34:14 PM

Well, we've still got the Cloud ($22), Swamp ($15 or $17, can't remember at this point) and hatchlings ($5? $6?).  And of course the Hydra, which is extra cool ($25).

I might take you up on the Cloud dragon..it was my favorite one this year. ;D The swamp dragon I'm kinda of on the fence about..sometimes I look at it and think it could be better other times I'm satisfied with it.

I've been trying to suggest to Safari they do more realistic paint schemes for these guys..like Mcfarlane toys did with their dragon line. The Ice Dragon was nice and I only touched up the paint on the Fire Dragon ..but I'm not a huge fan of the metallic paint..feels kinda cheap to me.

I'm hoping to get a chance to see these guys in person during my vacation next month.

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 13, 2012, 09:12:55 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on May 13, 2012, 07:46:26 PM

I generally find it's cheaper to ship more at once in an order instead making several small orders. Even there is a big item..the shipping for tossing a few more figures together isn't usually much of an increase.

Depends on the weight of the figures in question. There's only so much heavy figures a box can take without shipping costs rising to insanity.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 14, 2012, 04:59:00 PM
Quote from: SBell on May 14, 2012, 02:34:14 PM

I might take you up on the Cloud dragon..it was my favorite one this year. ;D The swamp dragon I'm kinda of on the fence about..sometimes I look at it and think it could be better other times I'm satisfied with it.

I've been trying to suggest to Safari they do more realistic paint schemes for these guys..like Mcfarlane toys did with their dragon line. The Ice Dragon was nice and I only touched up the paint on the Fire Dragon ..but I'm not a huge fan of the metallic paint..feels kinda cheap to me.

I'm hoping to get a chance to see these guys in person during my vacation next month.

The cloud dragon may be their coolest one--it is made of a similar material as the Krystal Blue, so it is somewhat translucent, with painted highlights.  The swamp could use a more dynamic paint job.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: