News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice ! I ordered the brown one..might have to get the green as well later..I forgot the mouths moved on the babies.. lol

DinoFan45

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 25, 2012, 06:48:32 PM
The Queen and the Princess! ( or King and Prince, if you prefer that )
They are looking good together.

No, its a princess, with that face. :D
It looks good. Do you have the other one yet so we could see a photo? The stock photos kinda suck.
"Life will find a way."

sauroid

the Papo baby T. rex looks good but too cute/disney-ish for my taste. maybe it's the big round eyes.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: sauroid on May 27, 2012, 01:56:06 PM
the Papo baby T. rex looks good but too cute/disney-ish for my taste. maybe it's the big round eyes.

I said the same thing, as did my girlfriend, but you have to realize that actual baby animals look rather cartoonish. Big round heads with big marble eyes and tiny little bodies. It's just hard to realize that because none of us have seen a baby Tyrannosaur before.

CityRaptor

Exactly, Baby Animals look like that:

Aside from that, it looks a lot like the one in The Lost World. Well, the Movie, not the Novel, that one would look more fluffy...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

if the eye pupils were slits, that would look more awesome.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 27, 2012, 02:21:08 PM

I said the same thing, as did my girlfriend, but you have to realize that actual baby animals look rather cartoonish. Big round heads with big marble eyes and tiny little bodies. It's just hard to realize that because none of us have seen a baby Tyrannosaur before.

None of us has seen a Tyrannosaur!  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on May 28, 2012, 06:52:58 AM

Are you sure ?

( really just been looking for an excuse to share that image.. lol )

CityRaptor

Run, it's Horner's Chickenosaurus! ( That is one badass chicken! And pretty much the only pic of it which is not bad photoshop..)
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gryphoceratops

Haha I saw that pic on facebook.  It would be so cool if they actually managed to breed one like that (long shot I know). 

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 28, 2012, 08:46:46 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on May 28, 2012, 06:52:58 AM

Are you sure ?

( really just been looking for an excuse to share that image.. lol )

Haha! Nice pic.

Mauro "Raptor86"

It's by Italian artist Davide Bonadonna

Sharptooth

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on May 28, 2012, 05:01:01 PM
It's by Italian artist Davide Bonadonna

Immediately recognized the style!   8)

...Let's just hope such abominations shall never see the light of day  ::)

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

Dan

Photo of the revived 2012 Bullyland Deinotherium, as requested. Anyone with the old model who can spot differences in paint?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sorry if the pics are blurry, will try new ones in the sunlight later on. 

I really do like the sculpt on the new Brachio but  I maintain it should have been larger...the chest and stomach even look as though they are too much tightened up...it actually feels a little odd to me. I'm not sure if it's accurate or not really..most reconstructions I've seen were a little deeper chested with slightly larger bellies.  If it was this thin I could have saved some work on my 1/1 juvenile..lol

I actually took this one I got from DanDinosaurs.com and was showing it to the owner of my local Safari supplier.  She asked why it was  more expensive than the Wild Safari one.   I really couldn't defend it much though..I did suggest she not display the WS Brachio alongside the new Carnegie one which she thought made a lot of sense.

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow, nice pics, Chris! Thanks!! I also love the pic of the T. cock rooster you posted. LOL! I had to save that one!

Yeah, I'm with you. Even though I'll also be getting this new Brachio, I wish it were at least 1/40 too. And yes, it does look a bit too 'light' on his feet to me too.

tanystropheus

Cool Deinotherium! I'm (also) looking forward to the Gomph...

...all this talk about Brachiosaurus made me go out and pick up Schleich's 2012 Brachiosaurus---I'm very pleased with the model.  It's a great companion piece (e.g. baby) for their previous Brachiosaurus. It's a bit more dynamic, and the colors are more enriched, although a bit more subdued than the stock photo.

Also, for those wondering...the Schleich 2012 Quetz is exactly the same as the stock photo---It's quite beautiful.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on May 30, 2012, 01:33:23 AM
Wow, nice pics, Chris! Thanks!! I also love the pic of the T. cock rooster you posted. LOL! I had to save that one!

Yeah, I'm with you. Even though I'll also be getting this new Brachio, I wish it were at least 1/40 too. And yes, it does look a bit too 'light' on his feet to me too.

Thanks..made me laugh when I saw it..lol

I wish I knew which skeletal it was based on...but the belly and chest look just as big as the WS Brachi..on a slightly larger piece it's odd. Looks like it needed a half an inch or so more in girth and chest.

I need to get the past Schleich Brachi still..anyone wanna trade for one ? ;D

Seijun

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 30, 2012, 01:35:42 AM

...all this talk about Brachiosaurus made me go out and pick up Schleich's 2012 Brachiosaurus---I'm very pleased with the model.  It's a great companion piece (e.g. baby) for their previous Brachiosaurus. It's a bit more dynamic, and the colors are more enriched, although a bit more subdued than the stock photo.

Also, for those wondering...the Schleich 2012 Quetz is exactly the same as the stock photo---It's quite beautiful.

Apparently, the Gomph is not being re-released. I stand corrected.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Seijun on May 30, 2012, 02:13:52 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on May 30, 2012, 01:35:42 AM

Apparently, the Gomph is not being re-released.

Oh no! I thought, perhaps, Bullyland is re-releasing in waves (kind of like CollectA), since I did not notice the "Prehistoric Horse", Megatherium,  and Gomphotherium listed on Dan's Dinosaur.  But, I was surprised to see the Mastodonsaurus!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: