News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 30, 2012, 02:28:20 AM
Quote from: Seijun on May 30, 2012, 02:13:52 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on May 30, 2012, 01:35:42 AM
Cool Deinotherium! I'm (also) looking forward to the Gomph...

...all this talk about Brachiosaurus made me go out and pick up Schleich's 2012 Brachiosaurus---I'm very pleased with the model.  It's a great companion piece (e.g. baby) for their previous Brachiosaurus. It's a bit more dynamic, and the colors are more enriched, although a bit more subdued than the stock photo.

Also, for those wondering...the Schleich 2012 Quetz is exactly the same as the stock photo---It's quite beautiful.

Apparently, the Gomph is not being re-released.

Oh no! I thought, perhaps, Bullyland is re-releasing in waves (kind of like CollectA), since I did not notice the prehistoric horse, Megatherium,  and Gomphotherium listed on Dan's Dinosaur.  But, I was surprised to see the Mastodonosaurus!

Yet I have a price list that lists the Mastodon (and it has the same item number as the original).

Seijun

Do you mean mastodon/gomphothere or mastodonsaurus?

Dan's original list on the archive forum, regarding which animals were going to be released, included "Mastodon", but not Gomphothere or Mastodonsaurus. My assumption at the time was that Mastodon=Gomphothere since the subject was mammals.

If the Gompho is not being released again, I expect its ebay price will really go up now, since everyone will be trying to complete their newly acquired bully mammal sets.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tanystropheus

Regarding these newly re-issued Bully mammals (+ amphibian)- are these a limited run? It seems that I'm a bit low on funds (...still need to figure out how to save up for Papo's Brachiosaurus, and CollectA 2012 models), and I was thinking of picking up a few of these figures, but was planning on waiting till later in the year....

2012 is an expensive year, but I'm grateful  ;D

Meso-Cenozoic

DeJankins has all the new previously retired Bully mammals in as well, and he has the Mastodon gomphotherium.

This one...

Is that the one you're talking about?

Seijun

Yes!
If bullyland is reading, big hugs to them for putting all these wonderful creatures back on the market.  ^-^
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Seijun on May 30, 2012, 05:52:56 AM
Yes!
If bullyland is reading, big hugs to them for putting all these wonderful creatures back on the market.  ^-^

Yap, now the mammals are back! I hope that they add more to the series.
Bullyland is now under new ownership, right? That's why they revive the line... now, if someone buy the rights to the Battat line and release them again! >:D

sauroid

if the original Battat moulds still exist, re-releasing them would be great news for most Dino collectors (but bad news for businessmen/prospectors/pirates) and would be considered a momentous occasion.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: Seijun on May 30, 2012, 04:28:25 AM
Do you mean mastodon/gomphothere or mastodonsaurus?

Dan's original list on the archive forum, regarding which animals were going to be released, included "Mastodon", but not Gomphothere or Mastodonsaurus. My assumption at the time was that Mastodon=Gomphothere since the subject was mammals.

If the Gompho is not being released again, I expect its ebay price will really go up now, since everyone will be trying to complete their newly acquired bully mammal sets.

If I wrote Mastodon, I meant Mastodon. I know the difference. I have both. I even referred to the item number--would it have helped to give it?

Seijun

I was just confused by your post is all, please ignore me. Somewhere I saw someone using "mastodon" as a nickname for mastodonsaurus, so I wasn't sure.

CityRaptor

The Mastodonsaurus is back aswell? Sweet! Hope they also re-release the good old Frog Slicer at one point.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Pawnosuchus

I have a rough idea but does anyone know the approx scale of the Bullyland mammals? Are they all in the same scale? Also the new Deinotherium does not look exactly like the old one to me.

Roselaar

Oh my, Mastodonsaurus back too... what an awesome year 2012 proves to be!

Hopefully Bullyland will re-release some older gems too. Procynosuchus for example.

Dan

Quote from: Pawnosuchus on May 30, 2012, 03:35:05 PM
I have a rough idea but does anyone know the approx scale of the Bullyland mammals? Are they all in the same scale? Also the new Deinotherium does not look exactly like the old one to me.

Of the six I currently have in stock, all have "1:24" printed on their bellies, with the exception of Mastodonsaurus, which says 1:20. I typically take all manufacturers' determined scales with a grain of salt, however.

Takama

Quote from: Roselaar on May 30, 2012, 05:33:34 PM
Oh my, Mastodonsaurus back too... what an awesome year 2012 proves to be!

Hopefully Bullyland will re-release some older gems too. Procynosuchus for example.

That onee is avaible now. and was never relly discontiued

CityRaptor

Problem is however that the "Korbacher Dackel" is not widely availbale. It is an excluvie toy, afterall.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 30, 2012, 05:44:45 PM
Problem is however that the "Korbacher Dackel" is not widely availbale. It is an excluvie toy, afterall.

Not too exclusive at all, for DTF members.
See here ;D!

Primeval12

The Mastodontosaurus too, Hell yah! Bullyland has givin me plenty of things to ask for on my birthday! :)

Gryphoceratops

Maybe one of the customizing experts on here can make that brachio's neck go up more? 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on May 31, 2012, 02:05:29 AM
Maybe one of the customizing experts on here can make that brachio's neck go up more?

I'm sure one of our members could. The pose is a little hard to display but not bad really :

There are some figures it does look good with as you can see.. :)

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on May 31, 2012, 02:05:29 AM
Just put a good looking female Brachio next to him! LOL! (Sorry, just got finished reading Marc's "innuendo-filled" review. 8))

And yeah, Blade, that looks good. He still could be a bit bigger yet, compared to that WS Allo. But still, they look pretty good together. I thought this new Brachio would look nice with the WS figs. Actually, maybe size-wise it looks a bit better than the WS Brachio does with the other WS figs, since he's a little more massive. Did you add the red stripes on Al? Looks good and compliments the Brachio well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: