News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Let's see. Urzeitshop now has the two Elephants, the Apes, the Megaloceros, Andrewsachus, the Rhino, the Sloth, the Horses, the Cave Bear and the Diatryma.
Oddly enough, there is no sign of the Mastodonsaurus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stoneage

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 02, 2012, 05:37:05 PM
Quote from: primeval12 on June 02, 2012, 05:32:21 PM
Who makes that Brachiosaurus?

That image I posted ? It's actually a readily available 1/1 statue of a Camarasaurus. : http://www.thegreenhead.com/2007/06/full-size-camarasaurus-dinosaur-replica.php

Funny, it seems they are also selling this same figure on E-Bay as Brontosaurus!

CityRaptor

Kinda makes sene. Brontosaurus is a way more popular name than Camarasaurus. And basically an Apatosaurus with a Camarasaurus Head, isn't it?
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 03, 2012, 05:13:08 PM
Kinda makes sene. Brontosaurus is a way more popular name than Camarasaurus. And basically an Apatosaurus with a Camarasaurus Head, isn't it?

Yeah anything to get the attention and make a sale really. They change names, colors, ect..to make them seem more attractive.  If  I had the money I can't say I wouldn't put it in my yard though.. ;)

Bokisaurus

>:DThis is what I mean by using the same color palette for the last 5 years! :))

They really need to retire this colors, its starting to get really boring >:D

ZoPteryx

I'm not sure the Carnotaurus fits in that group, but I agree, the light green color is getting kind of old! ::)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Zopteryx on June 05, 2012, 06:07:38 AM
I'm not sure the Carnotaurus fits in that group, but I agree, the light green color is getting kind of old! ::)
I am with zopter there, I like the Carnotaurus colors and patterns. It is one of the few recent figures from them I found to be appealing colowise . I see your point with the rest of the replicas however, quite readily.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

There is the odd splash of color here and there...but I get what you mean. They should do some more different base colors.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 05, 2012, 05:59:03 AM
>:DThis is what I mean by using the same color palette for the last 5 years! :))

They really need to retire this colors, its starting to get really boring >:D

^ this

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Zopteryx on June 05, 2012, 06:07:38 AM
I think the carno was included because it has the same yellowy white underbelly paintjob that many Carnegies seem to share.

postsaurischian

You forgot to include the Ankylosaurus ;D.

BTW: Aren't these some of the greatest Dinosaur Toy figures that have been released throughout the last years?
I am thankful for that :)!

Metallisuchus

I think I sort have subconsciously realized the same thing, although that's probably why I want the Giganotosaurus so bad - it definitely breaks the usual color pattern of greens & browns. I'd like to see more black in dino replicas.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 05, 2012, 09:38:04 AM

BTW: Aren't these some of the greatest Dinosaur Toy figures that have been released throughout the last years?

Ah yes, the ankylo :)) Yap, the collection is indeed the best out there, and will be for a while  unless CollectA really go for it ;D
Now, if only they would switch their colors for next year and stay away from this color palette ;)

Metallisuchus, you want to see a black dino? >:D Here you go ;D

Yap, he is ready to be repainted :o ;D I'm working on repainting a whole lot of figures right now ;)
Stay tuned :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 06, 2012, 07:05:45 AM

Nice Invicta you got there!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ah yes, the ankylo :)) Yap, the collection is indeed the best out there, and will be for a while  unless CollectA really go for it ;D
Now, if only they would switch their colors for next year and stay away from this color palette ;)

Yap, he is ready to be repainted :o ;D I'm working on repainting a whole lot of figures right now ;)

Ah, you like a black primer too eh ?  ;D

ITewan

im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Roselaar

Gwangi

I notice that the link says they are available for a "Limited Period Only". Anyone know how long that period is?

CityRaptor

That is a good question. Good thing I only want two of them: the Terror Bird and the Mastodonsaurus.

Museum Market? So does that mean they will be available in German Museums? Visiting a few next month.
Oh no

Metallisuchus

Haha, he could be "none more black". There's an Anky or possibly a Euoplo that's mostly black that I like, though the brand escapes me. Maybe it's the one you guys are talking of. I'm too lazy to scroll back and read, lol.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: