News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: Dan on June 12, 2012, 09:32:51 PM
I believe Melissa posted the link to that website some time ago, though I can't recall if all the same pieces were shown. I wouldn't mind seeing that Lambeosaurus as a figure.

I hope those toobs (and other figures) come out. This was not a great year for toobs.

And has anyone else seen the fossil replicas and dino-baby-eggs?  I have to say, those are not Safari's finest merchandise.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: SBell on June 12, 2012, 09:12:49 PM

I want this...especially if they make them more detailed in the final product! ;D

Metallisuchus

The only good Toob is the dino skulls Toob. Well, the other skull Toobs are cool too, I suppose, for what they are.

Seijun

I think all their prehistoric toobs are good :D But my favorites are the dino skulls, prehistoric mammal skulls, and prehistoric life toobs.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 12, 2012, 11:53:30 PM
The only good Toob is the dino skulls Toob. Well, the other skull Toobs are cool too, I suppose, for what they are.

Check out the 'Prehistoric Sealife' toob ;). The Nothosaurus is extraordinaire!

ZoPteryx

^I agree, I think that's their best one yet!

Metallisuchus

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 13, 2012, 01:17:50 AM

Check out the 'Prehistoric Sealife' toob ;). The Nothosaurus is extraordinaire!

Wow it IS exceptional. Guess I overlooked that one. But the dino skulls one is still the best! In fact, they should do another one - I'd like a Cryolophosaurus skull.

DinoLord

Any updates on the Kaiyodo DinoLand reissues? I haven't been too active for a while.

Gryphoceratops

That would be your opinion.  I personally find any of the skull/fossil tubes kind of boring.  The prehistoric sea life tube and the prehistoric croc tube are both top of the list in my book. 

brontodocus

Wow, if that's going to be a 2013 toob it's a must buy! 8)
Quote from: DinoLord on June 13, 2012, 06:12:35 PM
Any updates on the Kaiyodo DinoLand reissues? I haven't been too active for a while.
I recall they're scheduled for June 15th so they may appear soon. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

DinoLord

Is it still just the Allosaurus and T. rex getting re-released?

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on June 14, 2012, 05:15:06 AM

That would be your opinion.  I personally find any of the skull/fossil tubes kind of boring.  The prehistoric sea life tube and the prehistoric croc tube are both top of the list in my book.

Of course it's my opinion  :P   
Your picks are the better of the non-skulls, I must admit. It's funny - I usually find the bones/skulls less interesting, but for some reason, I think for such a small size, they look better than the dinosaurs do.

Gryphoceratops

The skulls have great detail you are certainly right about that.  I just don't find them as exciting as replicas of actual animals is all.  Personal preference.   ;)

brontodocus

Quote from: DinoLord on June 14, 2012, 10:51:44 PM
Is it still just the Allosaurus and T. rex getting re-released?
At least for the moment they are the only ones. But there's still hoping that this is just the beginning... :)
And there's an update: HLJ has them in stock now - I've just received a notification since I've preordered them. Be warned, though: Since they are so large, shipping might be as expensive as the figures themselves (if not more), I'll get my brown Allosaurus and brown Tyrannosaurus in one SAL parcel from Japan to Germany for ¥5,000 (I've been a long time customer at HLJ and they never overcharge on shipping costs so the parcel must definitely be between 2 and 3 Kg according to SAL rates). Still that's pretty good altogether I'd say. And now, Kaiyodo people, get to work, I want all of the others, too! >:D  And when you're done and get bored just re-release the Aqualand series... ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Mojo new junior t.rex

Horridus

The arms are still too long, but...the hands are the FACING THE RIGHT WAY!!!!11!! *faints*
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

ZoPteryx

Oh, that doesn't look too bad. :)

Takama

It seems Mojo is learning.

I admit, That thing is cute

IS the head Correct?

IT has crests

Horridus

Quote from: Takama on June 15, 2012, 07:05:22 PM
IS the head Correct?

IT has crests
It isn't, but it's more to do with how boxy it is, rather than the 'crests'/bosses.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on June 15, 2012, 05:12:44 AM
The skulls have great detail you are certainly right about that.  I just don't find them as exciting as replicas of actual animals is all.  Personal preference.   ;)

This is the ONLY exception to my usual personal preference of actual animals to bones, so I do get where you're coming from.

I think Safari should put out their own brand of cereal and include one of these Toob minis in each box  :D

...along with facts about a particular species on the back... and artwork by DTF's talented roster...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: