News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I thought the little guy looked pretty cool..I plan on checking one out myself...not sure I'll use him as an ornament though..lol

Paleona

Yeah, I'm sure I won't be hanging him on any tree, but I'm definitely intrigued by him!  And true, Dan, this way he'll never fall over  :)) (That is, if you actually hang him someplace~)

CM

Is that Collecta Megacerops out in the States yet?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Horridus

Quote from: Dan on June 28, 2012, 05:38:48 PM
That looks pretty neat, actually.
It really does! How surprising. I imagine the glowing eyes aren't permanently on ;)
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Roselaar

Quote from: Dan on June 27, 2012, 05:43:18 PM

Bullyland is using odd and sometimes flat out wrong names for the prehistoric mammals. Deinotherium is sometimes called "Tusk Elephant" for example. I have the others listed on my site. I'm not sure what's going on with the tags there. They are new tags indeed, but I know I never received any tags on the Mastodonsaurus figures, presumably because they were a "last minute" addition.

Okay, thanks for the info. But was the Gomphotherium actually called that on its first release? Or has it always been a Mastodon? The latter seems odd, since it clearly just isn't a Mastodon.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on June 28, 2012, 08:59:58 PM
Quote from: Dan on June 27, 2012, 05:43:18 PM

Bullyland is using odd and sometimes flat out wrong names for the prehistoric mammals. Deinotherium is sometimes called "Tusk Elephant" for example. I have the others listed on my site. I'm not sure what's going on with the tags there. They are new tags indeed, but I know I never received any tags on the Mastodonsaurus figures, presumably because they were a "last minute" addition.

Okay, thanks for the info. But was the Gomphotherium actually called that on its first release? Or has it always been a Mastodon? The latter seems odd, since it clearly just isn't a Mastodon.

It was always "Mastodon". I know this because the first time I ordered one from DinoFarm, they sent a Mastodonsaurus by mistake (the picker/packer didn't read the number or name right).  But they did send me the Gomph right away and let me keep the Mastodonsaurus no charge (mainly because it's paint condition was absolutely horrible).

Metallisuchus

Love the Hallmark rex! I have a different one actually, but it's missing an arm. Next time I go to the museum I'm gonna return him to the shop.

Darwinian

Just put in a big order with Dan. I just don't get some of the prices of the Bullyland figures. Mastodonsaurus is over $20? (not a complaint about Dan - as always he's competitive within the established market).

SBell

Quote from: Darwinian on June 29, 2012, 05:39:34 AM
Just put in a big order with Dan. I just don't get some of the prices of the Bullyland figures. Mastodonsaurus is over $20? (not a complaint about Dan - as always he's competitive within the established market).

I'm guessing that you are new to this. Yes--it was always close to $20. Or more (Link & Pin, anyone?).

Libraraptor

Although I am probably a little late with all this, but there are a few thoughts I´d like to share:

I say baby T.rex by Papo in a shop last week and immediately fell in love. But to be honest, the price is too high for such a little figure. Compared to the cheaper baby Pachycephalosaurus, it´s even smaller. That is what disappointed me and I did not buy it. But I fear I´ll have to ad "yet" soon... I´ll probably melt away someday and buy it nevertheless ;-)

New Schleich models, some of which have moveable jaws, are nothing more than smaller versions of molds that already exist. The new brown, small Apatosaurus is very attractive. But who the hell had the idea of paining the Parasaurolophus that way?!

I was a little disapponited about Bullylands rerelease of the mammal line. On one hand I think "great, now everyone can get a great Deinotherium at a reasonable price", on the other I thought "hm, a matter of my long-time collector´s search has become an everyday object by now". The feeling is comparable to the feeling I had when the two great THE GOD MACHINE - albums had been re-released.

That´s it from me for the moment! Hope you´re all well!
So don´t worry, I still am a

Metallisuchus

Regarding the Papo baby rex - - - My thoughts exactly. I just paid $13.99 @ TGF Toys for mine. If anything, you'd think the Pachy would be more! I don't know that I would have even bought the rex if it wasn't for my girlfriend's push.

Takama

I alway figuerd that the Little Rex was as big as the Velociraptor

Can someone post a pic to prove me Right or Wrong? Please :)

Himmapaan

Quote from: Takama on June 30, 2012, 02:46:26 AM

I'm afraid it's considerably smaller than the Velociraptor. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow, unless someone else does first.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Himmapaan on June 30, 2012, 02:49:06 AM
Quote from: Takama on June 30, 2012, 02:46:26 AM

I'm afraid it's considerably smaller than the Velociraptor. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow, unless someone else does first.

Oh it's tiny... Like half the size of the raptor.

Himmapaan

'Feed me!'
'Go away, child. I'm not your mother.'

Takama

Darwinian

Quote from: SBell on June 29, 2012, 06:31:19 AM

I'm guessing that you are new to this. Yes--it was always close to $20. Or more (Link & Pin, anyone?).

Not especially new, but I'm not as informed on the hobby as I am with other toys I collect. For the most part it seemed that $20-30 figures tended to be larger than what I think the Bullyland "mammals" are (how does Mastodonsaurus get lumped in with the mammals?)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I bought one of each of the Baby Rexs.. green and brown. ;D

It's about as much as the Pachy but the Pachy doesn't have a moveable jaw either..I figure that balances the cost.

SBell

Quote from: Darwinian on June 30, 2012, 07:03:41 AM
Quote from: SBell on June 29, 2012, 06:31:19 AM

Not especially new, but I'm not as informed on the hobby as I am with other toys I collect. For the most part it seemed that $20-30 figures tended to be larger than what I think the Bullyland "mammals" are (how does Mastodonsaurus get lumped in with the mammals?)

It's not really lumped in--I think they just re-released it as one of their most sought after figures (strangely, with few exceptions, it is their mammals and this one that intrigue the most people--other than maybe a few of their Permian/Triassic offerings).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: