News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

I agree with you

The rex is nothing more then a JP incarnation, plus it is made in a silly pose that (I must admit, because i own it) gets tire-some after awhile.

now the Triceratops is a compltely new sculpt that looks like that they actaully did some research on, instead of watching some old outdated movie.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on July 16, 2012, 09:36:39 PM
I agree with you

The rex is nothing more then a JP incarnation, plus it is made in a silly pose that (I must admit, because i own it) gets tire-some after awhile.

now the Triceratops is a compltely new sculpt that looks like that they actaully did some research on, instead of watching some old outdated movie.

lol it's not the fact it's JP inspired that bothers me..if it was the Papo JP Rex made in that scale I would be dancing a jig..;D

What bugs me is it's not as even as good as their smaller figure. It's head and feet are too big and it just wasn't scaled up well.   The Trike looks MUCH better compared.

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow, that Trike is a big boy! It actually looks a little too big for that Rex. But i do agree with Chris. It looks to be a better sculpt overall compared to the Rex.

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 16, 2012, 11:04:50 PM

What bugs me is it's not as even as good as their smaller figure. It's head and feet are too big and it just wasn't scaled up well. 

Too true. The smaller Deluxe Rex looks much more detailed and properly in scale. The big Rex, though still a cool piece, is a letdown in comparison. I'm glad they bothered to create a new sculpt for the big Triceratops instead of copying their (also disappointing) Deluxe Triceratops.

Horridus

Quote from: Roselaar on July 16, 2012, 01:13:16 PM
I thought T-Rex was still a fair bit larger than Triceratops?
T. rex was taller and longer, but then it was a rather different shape. Triceratops was just as physically massive and was probably a similar weight, if not heavier.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Takama

I just got some dissapointing news from Dean Walker.

The Papo Brachiosaurus will not arive this mounth.

It might come out in mid August instead

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on July 20, 2012, 03:00:50 AM

I was thinking September ..so still good. :)

SBell

Quote from: Takama on July 20, 2012, 03:00:50 AM

This is going to make a 4-year-old girl very sad.

Meso-Cenozoic

Yeah, when I was putting in my last of the 2012's order with Dean at the end of June, I asked him if he thought it was worth waiting for the Papo Brachio until July to include him to save on shipping. And he even thought back then that it was iffy for a July arrival. I also told him that the average date I kept seeing on other sites lists it as an August arrival. Well, it'll give my credit card a month's break after that last order that was over $300! Yikes!!

Sorry, Sean. I know it can be a hard knock for kids your daughter's age when they're really looking forward to something they're really excited about. Heck, it's hard enough for kids our age when we're impatiently waiting for new figures! Heh, heh!!

SBell

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on July 20, 2012, 10:36:45 AM
Yeah, when I was putting in my last of the 2012's order with Dean at the end of June, I asked him if he thought it was worth waiting for the Papo Brachio until July to include him to save on shipping. And he even thought back then that it was iffy for a July arrival. I also told him that the average date I kept seeing on other sites lists it as an August arrival. Well, it'll give my credit card a month's break after that last order that was over $300! Yikes!!

Sorry, Sean. I know it can be a hard knock for kids your daughter's age when they're really looking forward to something they're really excited about. Heck, it's hard enough for kids our age when we're impatiently waiting for new figures! Heh, heh!!

Sh'e taking it better now--as long as she can get it. And then, likely, promptly get bored of it and forget about it 2 days later (then it goes on a shelf).  I am personally more interested in how large it will be--I think its size will be a bigger disappointment for her (i.e. she thinks it will be far larger than any of our others--but the dimensions I've found have not been much use).

Meso-Cenozoic

He looks pretty big to me...

I'm guessing he's around the size of the old Carnegie Brachio. But if she's expecting something a lot bigger than any previous Brachio figure, she might be disappointed. On the other hand, she sounds like a really bright kid for her age. She'll probably come up with some rational reason to explain away it's eventual actual size.  ;)

Gryphoceratops

Wow thats one big toy.

postsaurischian

Takama

I cant wait to feel how heavy this is going to be.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on July 25, 2012, 02:51:21 AM
I cant wait to feel how heavy this is going to be.

I love the feel of heft in a figure..I guess some part of me recalls being little carrying around a big dino..so I want BIG ones now..lol  ^-^

Takama

Something tells me that this Brachiosaurus is going to be hollow.

I have just received Papos Whooly Mammoth and it is very soft, almost rubbery, and when i knock on it like a door. I feel its a little hollow compared to Papos other Prehistoric creatures.

Seeing as the times are tough in the world, It would not suprise me to see Papo Release this brachiosaur in the same hoolow style as there mammoth. I hope it is Sollid but i just cant see it happening.

Roselaar

I don't mind hollow, as long as it still looks good and it isn't fragile.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on July 26, 2012, 11:21:51 PM

I have just received Papos Whooly Mammoth and it is very soft, almost rubbery, and when i knock on it like a door. I feel its a little hollow compared to Papos other Prehistoric creatures.

Seeing as the times are tough in the world, It would not suprise me to see Papo Release this brachiosaur in the same hoolow style as there mammoth. I hope it is Sollid but i just cant see it happening.
What does it matter if it's hollow? Unless you're opening the figure up for customisation and such, I don't think you're gonna see inside it anyway.

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 27, 2012, 08:58:46 PM
Quote from: Takama on July 26, 2012, 11:21:51 PM

What does it matter if it's hollow? Unless you're opening the figure up for customisation and such, I don't think you're gonna see inside it anyway.

IDK maybe its just i like big heavey Dinosaurs. I at least hope that if it is hollow, that its the Hard type like Scheilchs Apatoesaurus. And not the soft type like Papos Mammoth.

brontodocus

At least the Papo Mammoth most likely isn't hollow. Mine is a whopping 647 g (compared to the more or less similarly sized Schleich, Carnegie, and Bullyland at 513, 470, and 291 g, respectively).

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: