News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horridus

Having handled one in a gift shop recently, I must say that there's no way the Papo mammoth is hollow - it's just made of a more rubbery plastic than the dinosaurs. It's a big beast!
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

CityRaptor

Are there any Infos if Bullyland is re-releasing some other old creatures?

Because today, these guys showed up on Urzeitshop's website:
Velociraptor
Triceratops
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Might just be that stores luck to have them for sale

postsaurischian

The new Expo figures are here!
The exhibition seems to be about hairy Tyrannosaurs ;D.

DINO KINGDOM Expo 2012 by Takara Tomy A. R. T. S.
7 figures and a polystone T. rex

Stegosaurus & Allosaurus .......

T. rex & Triceratops .......

Zhuchengtyrannus & Sinoceratops (my favourite pair) .......

Yutyrannus (secret) .......

T. rex desktop model (the base looks like it's made by Favorite) .......

They're available through Clawmark Toys.
The Kaiyodo Fukuisaurus & Fukuiraptor are also available again :).

CityRaptor

They prefer the term "Furry Tyrannosaurs".  And they look pretty good, if you ask me.

@Takama: Finding some old stock? Seems possible.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

juju1305

Hum, that furry Rex is a gem... but $130  :-\

Yutyrannus

I love that Yutyrannus!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Patrx

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 01, 2012, 10:01:04 AM
The exhibition seems to be about hairy Tyrannosaurs ;D.
It appears there may not have been any other kind (feathers, not hair) :D
Man, oh, man. That resin T. rex. Good-bye, money; it was nice knowing you.
Also: feathery Allosaurus! About time somebody did that.

Horridus

URGE TO PURCHASE RESIN T. REX...RISING!

(Hey, that reference isn't passé anymore...it's retro.)

The price, though...and I'd have to have it shipped all that way...hmmm. Do they even ship to Europe?
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Seijun

I don't know, they all look rather fugly to me :/
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Patrx

Quote from: Seijun on August 01, 2012, 06:33:31 PM

I admit, the details of the small Takara/Tomy figures never have matched those of the (generally even smaller) Kaiyodo line. I'd love to see some of these up-to-date designs in the form of larger figures, like the new Tyrannosaurus.

SBell

I thought the same thing when I saw them--it's cool to see some unusual dinos made, but overall they don't seem to be worth the general price.  Judging by the quality of the Tomy dinos I have from last year's Expo, they are definitely not to the level of Kaiyodo (or Capcom).

copper

ditto that, though i was interested buying that yuturannys (i would've repainted it) from clawmark toys but when i saw the costs for shipping that one item i backed away..  : (

brontodocus

I have mixed feelings about the 2012 Expo set. Although I do like the Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Zhuchengtyrannus, and Sinoceratops. :)
Quote from: Horridus on August 01, 2012, 06:25:47 PM
The price, though...and I'd have to have it shipped all that way...hmmm. Do they even ship to Europe?
Yes, they do. I've bought there twice. Shipping is quite expensive, though, they ship from Japan and (if I recall correctly) only via EMS and not via SAL anymore.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Yutyrannus

For most of them I agree, the Yutyrannus is actually the only one I like.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Cirex

According to the Everything Dinosaur blog, the Papo Brachiosaurus is further delayed until September...
There is as well some info regarding the size of the beast: 1/55 scale, 32cm tall (see link below).
http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk

Himmapaan

Quote from: copper on August 01, 2012, 07:24:12 PM
ditto that, though i was interested buying that yuturannys (i would've repainted it) from clawmark toys but when i saw the costs for shipping that one item i backed away..  : (
I was severely tempted by the Yutyrannus too, even as I am now overdrawn.  :-[ But like you, once I saw the shipping cost, I gave the matter up as lost.

SBell

Quote from: Himmapaan on August 02, 2012, 09:24:06 PM
I was severely tempted by the Yutyrannus too, even as I am now overdrawn.  :-[ But like you, once I saw the shipping cost, I gave the matter up as lost.

I had the same thought--and realized that the postage for 3 figures would cost half as much as the figures.  So I will make do without them (or wait until another source pops up).

postsaurischian

Quote from: Cirex on August 02, 2012, 08:42:40 PM
According to the Everything Dinosaur blog, the Papo Brachiosaurus is further delayed until September...
There is as well some info regarding the size of the beast: 1/55 scale, 32cm tall (see link below).
http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk

As usually the toy companies don't have any clue about the scale of their models ;D.
At nearly 32 centimeters height the Papo Brachiosaurus will be somewhere between 1:40 and 1:45, which is too small for most of the rest from their Dinosaur line, but good for many other figures :).

See other figures with a similar pose:
- (old) Carnegie Brachiosaurus (37 cm high / about 1:40)
- Invicta Brachiosaurus (29,5 cm high / about 1:45)

Patrx

Quote from: SBell on August 02, 2012, 09:40:27 PM
Quote from: Himmapaan on August 02, 2012, 09:24:06 PM

I had the same thought--and realized that the postage for 3 figures would cost half as much as the figures.  So I will make do without them (or wait until another source pops up).

Unfortunately for my wallet, I lose all sense of budget when companies actually put feathers on their dinosaurs. I saw a fuzzy T. rex, and suddenly I'm reading my PayPal receipt. The interim is a blur.  :o

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: