News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Pixelboy on August 02, 2012, 10:30:35 PM
Unfortunately for my wallet, I lose all sense of budget when companies actually put feathers on their dinosaurs. I saw a fuzzy T. rex, and suddenly I'm reading my PayPal receipt. The interim is a blur.  :o

;D ;D

....... something woke me up inbetween the interim and stopped me buying the T. rex, but it was close!

That something said: "$130.00 + $49.65 shipping for a 7 1/4 inches figure? NO!"

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 02, 2012, 11:03:39 PM
Unfortunately for my wallet, I lose all sense of budget when companies actually put feathers on their dinosaurs. I saw a fuzzy T. rex, and suddenly I'm reading my PayPal receipt. The interim is a blur.  :o

;D ;D

....... something woke me up inbetween the interim and stopped me buying the T. rex, but it was close!

Same thing that stopped me.  David's Rex is bigger than that and at only 100.00 . I'm sure he could make a feathered one or someone else will for a better price I'm certain..though it was definitely tempting at first glance. ;)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 03, 2012, 01:44:57 AM

;D ;D

Same thing that stopped me.  David's Rex is bigger than that and at only 100.00 . I'm sure he could make a feathered one or someone else will for a better price I'm certain..though it was definitely tempting at first glance. ;)
How much is the shipping for the Yutyrannus? I know the figure itself is $25.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 03, 2012, 01:50:13 AM

;D ;D

Probably not near as much as the larger statue. I would contact Clawmark and ask for sure though.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 03, 2012, 01:56:34 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 03, 2012, 01:50:13 AM

;D ;D

Probably not near as much as the larger statue. I would contact Clawmark and ask for sure though.

Postage is still $25.

Trexroarr

I believe Yutyrannus is now up to $30. I'd love to get this set but they are just SO expensive! Ugh...

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

SBell

Quote from: Trexroarr on August 03, 2012, 03:30:17 AM
I believe Yutyrannus is now up to $30. I'd love to get this set but they are just SO expensive! Ugh...

Judging by the close-ups, it's really not worth that much.  The detail and paint is pretty poor. I can wait until Safari or CollectA make one.

Himmapaan

Or one could customise a good allosaur figure into one. Hmm...

DeadToothCrackKnuckle

Ok so my life is complete... The new soft models from Kinto Favorite.

Tyrannosaurus

Triceratops

Brachiosaurus

The rest of the models can be found here: http://www.f-favorite.net/contents/weblog/products/000254.cgi

It says on the website that these are images of samples and that it may differ from the actual product.

©Julius T. Csotonyi

Gwangi

New favorite models? SWEET! I'm really liking the new Spinosaurus and Allosaurus but why are they making the same dinosaurs they already produced? Not a new species among them.

DinoToyForum

New Favorite figures! Is this for real? Wow, I didn't realise there would be so many! Anyone know what genus the plesiosaur is supposed to be? I'm guessing Cryptoclidus?

Seijun

Wow! They may not be new species, but the styrac, trex, tric, and brachi still look awesome! I like them much more than the old versions, and I am VERY glad I have not spent any money on the old ones yet. So when will these be available for purchase? What scale are they?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Dan

Looks like Allosaurus is the next Favorite skeleton model to get a facelift:

Perhaps more exciting is the appearance of our new favorite feathered friend on Favorite's website - the Feathered Rex, that is - confirming that they did indeed manufacture the piece. This should mean it will be more affordable in other shops at some point.

tyrantqueen

That Rex looks awesome :O Much better than their previous sculpt :)

juju1305

Those new figures look awesome! Right when I was about to place an order to get the "old" ones... Too bad there's not many new species, the selection is very conservative, but they look wonderful (especially T-rex, styraco and spino)

Jetoar

OMG! the new figures of kinto are amazing. I like the new T-rex. It is cool  :)
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Takama

If this line gets new releases next year. Then i just may start on them

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dan on August 05, 2012, 10:02:34 PM

Perhaps more exciting is the appearance of our new favorite feathered friend on Favorite's website - the Feathered Rex, that is - confirming that they did indeed manufacture the piece. This should mean it will be more affordable in other shops at some point.

Cool..of course I'm waiting for that Griffon Allo skeleton to get produced..should be soon I think.

Will you be carrying these Dan? I definitely need this one :

;D

..and probably the Spino and Brachio as well. lol

SBell

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 05, 2012, 09:41:51 PM

New Favorite figures! Is this for real? Wow, I didn't realise there would be so many! Anyone know what genus the plesiosaur is supposed to be? I'm guessing Cryptoclidus?

I tried a few translators, and they all seem to come up with "Plesiosaurus".  Which makes sense--so far, all of those figures are (improved) retreads of ones that are already in the line.

Jetoar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 06, 2012, 12:04:29 AM
Quote from: Dan on August 05, 2012, 10:02:34 PM

Cool..of course I'm waiting for that Griffon Allo skeleton to get produced..should be soon I think.

Will you be carrying these Dan? I definitely need this one :

;D

..and probably the Spino and Brachio as well. lol

Good Skeleton of Allosaurus and  the new soft allosaurus is one of the best that i see. I want it  :P.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: