News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:D  Wonderful news! The Spinosaurus is awesome!!
I gotta have them all ;D!

Horridus

I really hope the Feathered Rex makes it over here. With a bit of luck, Dinosaur Time will stock it.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

gardemog

Hello!

I don't know if someone realized that in this image:  http://www.f-favorite.net/contents/weblog/img/FD_softmodel_main_1.jpg there's a new Parasaurolophus figure, so maybe there are more re-sculpted dino figures than the ones they are showing to us.  ;D

Regards!

SBell

Quote from: gardemog on August 07, 2012, 05:33:23 PM
Hello!

I don't know if someone realized that in this image:  http://www.f-favorite.net/contents/weblog/img/FD_softmodel_main_1.jpg there's a new Parasaurolophus figure, so maybe there are more re-sculpted dino figures than the ones they are showing to us.  ;D

Regards!

According to the text on the site, there are other figures that weren't pictured. So a new Para is possible.

Jetoar

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 06, 2012, 04:11:38 PM
:D  Wonderful news! The Spinosaurus is awesome!!
I gotta have them all ;D!

Yes I think so but from my point of view allosaurus is the best  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Patrx

Here's hoping they're making a new version of their Deinonychus, with an updated desktop model to accompany it!  :))

Jetoar

Quote from: Pixelboy on August 07, 2012, 06:37:51 PM
Here's hoping they're making a new version of their Deinonychus, with an updated desktop model to accompany it!  :))

I like their deinonychus but if they improve it, all the better  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jetoar on August 07, 2012, 06:46:48 PM

The Deino just felt sort of " stiff " to me..I'd rather they added a base and had it leaping or at least running.

Patrx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2012, 06:55:29 PM

The Deino just felt sort of " stiff " to me..I'd rather they added a base and had it leaping or at least running.

Really, it's not the pose that keeps me from buying it, it's just not quite right in terms of feathers - plus, the paint seems a little haphazard on the ones I've seen.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pixelboy on August 07, 2012, 06:59:13 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2012, 06:55:29 PM

Really, it's not the pose that keeps me from buying it, it's just not quite right in terms of feathers - plus, the paint seems a little haphazard on the ones I've seen.

From what I gather there is still a lot of speculation about feathers on the big dromeosaurs...and of course I can repaint it..so that wouldn't stop me..but it looks like it's standing there posing in profile for a picture..just a bit annoying to me..lol 

Horridus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2012, 07:05:28 PM
From what I gather there is still a lot of speculation about feathers on the big dromeosaurs...and of course I can repaint it..so that wouldn't stop me..but it looks like it's standing there posing in profile for a picture..just a bit annoying to me..lol
Deinonychus wasn't exactly very big, but yeah. Still, it should have proper 'wings' rather than the strange arrangement with sparse feathers hanging off its forearm. I hope it gets a rejig (Desktop and Soft Model).
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Patrx

Quote from: Horridus on August 07, 2012, 07:20:03 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2012, 07:05:28 PM
Deinonychus wasn't exactly very big, but yeah. Still, it should have proper 'wings' rather than the strange arrangement with sparse feathers hanging off its forearm. I hope it gets a rejig (Desktop and Soft Model).

Precisely. A tail fan wouldn't go amiss, either. You're right, though, Blade, an active pose on a base would be marvelous. Perhaps a hunting scene using the RPR model?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: SBell on August 06, 2012, 12:15:10 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 05, 2012, 09:41:51 PM

New Favorite figures! Is this for real? Wow, I didn't realise there would be so many! Anyone know what genus the plesiosaur is supposed to be? I'm guessing Cryptoclidus?

I tried a few translators, and they all seem to come up with "Plesiosaurus".  Which makes sense--so far, all of those figures are (improved) retreads of ones that are already in the line.

Well, if it is supposed to be Plesiosaurus then this figure, at least, isn't an improvement over the original.

Horridus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 07, 2012, 07:25:33 PM
Well, if it is supposed to be Plesiosaurus then this figure, at least, isn't an improvement over the original.
Now, if someone with the right knowhow - say, a plesiosaur researcher - would only review the original for the blog. *Prods Adam with a stick*
@Mhorridus

Dan

According to Favorite, some of these models might actually become available before the year is out. Don't count your feathered dinosaurs before they hatch, though.

Takama

Quote from: Dan on August 07, 2012, 10:30:17 PM
According to Favorite, some of these models might actually become available before the year is out. Don't count your feathered dinosaurs before they hatch, though.

any chance that you might have them for sale if they do come out  Dan?

Patrx

Has anyone posted this, yet? Looks like they're remaking their Brachiosaurus desktop model, too. Looks nice, but I kinda hope that's not the final color scheme. I wonder, though - is it really Brachiosaurus, or Giraffatitan? I can't yet discern the difference.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hard to say..I would say Giraffatitan to start with due to the bulk of the body and it's relation to the legs...but the tail is pretty long more like in Brachiosaurus.

tanystropheus

I'm really liking the new wave of Favorites (especially the Spinosaurus!!)

....silly question, Is Favorite connected to a museum?

ZoPteryx

Those new Favorites look great and quite accurate! Does anyone know how big they are?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: