News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

My assumption would be the same size / scale as the older ones. :)

Jetoar

New models of Favorite are cool and they are better than older models. I look forward to see in Spain  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Horridus on August 07, 2012, 07:28:26 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 07, 2012, 07:25:33 PM
Well, if it is supposed to be Plesiosaurus then this figure, at least, isn't an improvement over the original.
Now, if someone with the right knowhow - say, a plesiosaur researcher - would only review the original for the blog. *Prods Adam with a stick*

I never once said I would review the Favorite Plesiosaurus.  :-[ I'm a terrible liar.

Horridus

Quote from: Pixelboy on August 07, 2012, 10:42:41 PM
Has anyone posted this, yet? Looks like they're remaking their Brachiosaurus desktop model, too. Looks nice, but I kinda hope that's not the final color scheme. I wonder, though - is it really Brachiosaurus, or Giraffatitan? I can't yet discern the difference.
Based on the length of the torso, I'm tempted to go with Giraffatitan. Compare with the Carnegie model that has been confirmed as B. altithorax:

Still, we need a bigger photo and a closer look at the head, really.

All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

John

Quote from: Horridus on August 08, 2012, 06:46:32 PM
Quote from: Pixelboy on August 07, 2012, 10:42:41 PM
Has anyone posted this, yet? Looks like they're remaking their Brachiosaurus desktop model, too. Looks nice, but I kinda hope that's not the final color scheme. I wonder, though - is it really Brachiosaurus, or Giraffatitan? I can't yet discern the difference.
Based on the length of the torso, I'm tempted to go with Giraffatitan. Compare with the Carnegie model that has been confirmed as B. altithorax:

Still, we need a bigger photo and a closer look at the head, really.
On the Japanese Favorite site,there are a few more photos of the model including better shots of it's head and it is based on the Felch Quarry skull now labelled as Brachiosaurus sp.,which makes it a representative of Brachiosaurus altithorax (much like the new Carnegie Museum model).On another note,the new "Soft Model Series reborn" brachiosaur model is actually Giraffatitan brancai.
Here's the link:
www.f-favorite.net/contents/weblog/products/000255.cgi
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just saw these looking at that page : http://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/193776/875843/list.html

Would love to have that set of baby dinos to repaint. :)

Lio99

If i was to get 2 or 3 new schleich dinos which ones should i get?

SBell

Quote from: Lio99 on August 09, 2012, 11:51:14 PM

The Shonisaurus, the Desmatosuchus, and the Kronosaurus  ;D. Unless you meant current ones, then I don't really ave anything to offer there...

Lio99

SBell

Quote from: Lio99 on August 10, 2012, 01:56:04 AM
I mean the new ones

I know, I was mostly kidding around. Although to be honest there's not a single one that will be joining my shelves this year, so I am more than a little biased against them anyway.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Lio99 on August 10, 2012, 01:56:04 AM
I mean the new ones

I have the 2012 versions of the Brachiosaurus and the Quetzalcoatlus, and I do like them quite a bit  :))

Simon

Looks like I'll have to open up some more shelf space - those new Favorite dinos look very collectible - another company turns up the quality a notch (not that their first try wasn't impressive ... )

That desktop Brachiosaurus is tantalizingly familiar - maybe its the brown color - it looks like it could have been sculpted by Max Salas ...

Horridus

Quote from: John on August 09, 2012, 08:15:47 PM
On the Japanese Favorite site,there are a few more photos of the model including better shots of it's head and it is based on the Felch Quarry skull now labelled as Brachiosaurus sp.,which makes it a representative of Brachiosaurus altithorax (much like the new Carnegie Museum model).On another note,the new "Soft Model Series reborn" brachiosaur model is actually Giraffatitan brancai.
Here's the link:
www.f-favorite.net/contents/weblog/products/000255.cgi
OK, thanks for clearing that one up!
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

DC

Quote from: Lio99 on August 09, 2012, 11:51:14 PM
I would suggest the Apatosaurus.  The Schleich reconstruction is distinct, for a robust species.  Saichania is a Schleich only.   
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Horridus

Quote from: DC on August 13, 2012, 09:37:06 PM
Saichania is a Schleich only.
It isn't, strictly speaking - I believe there's a Dinotales version, although of course that's harder to come by in these Western parts. And rather small.

The Schleich version is OK - its body is the wrong shape and it suffers from polydactyly, but it could be worse.
@Mhorridus

Dan

New 2012 releases for the Dinosaur Train line, with a few possibly noteworthy species, such as Lesothosaurus and Kosmoceratops.

http://www.tomy.com/dinosaurtrain/InterAction+Figures/p-1?icid=ms_dinotrain_body%3AwebAct_dinotrain_body

Because, you know. Allosaurus isn't exciting until he's in a coat of many colors.

SBell

Quote from: Dan on August 14, 2012, 07:54:37 PM
New 2012 releases for the Dinosaur Train line, with a few possibly noteworthy species, such as Lesothosaurus and Kosmoceratops.

http://www.tomy.com/dinosaurtrain/InterAction+Figures/p-1?icid=ms_dinotrain_body%3AwebAct_dinotrain_body

Because, you know. Allosaurus isn't exciting until he's in a coat of many colors.

My kids love their Allosaurus dream coat figure!

I notice no new collectibles--that makes me sad, I was really hoping they would do their small mammals, and maybe the fish from the Spinosaurus episode (I haven't seen many episodes, so I am thinking there are many others that would be great as well).  Much like the Dinosaur King figures, I am very fond of these figures--normally garish colours bug me, but for these ones, I don't mind. I just wish they'd stop with the females-with-lashes thing.  Dinosaurs didn't have hair!

tyrantqueen

QuoteMy kids love their Allosaurus dream coat figure!

I notice no new collectibles--that makes me sad, I was really hoping they would do their small mammals, and maybe the fish from the Spinosaurus episode (I haven't seen many episodes, so I am thinking there are many others that would be great as well).  Much like the Dinosaur King figures, I am very fond of these figures--normally garish colours bug me, but for these ones, I don't mind. I just wish they'd stop with the females-with-lashes thing.  Dinosaurs didn't have hair!
They're for kids. Dinosaurs don't ride on trains either.

Oh and the Allo's hands are facing the wrong way :P

Seijun

Dinosaur train toys are remarkably accurate, considering they were made for toddlers.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Eh the bright colors are for kids I get that..lol

I do kinda like the Allosaurus anyway.. ;D Heck I collected Beanie Babies once..still have a few..heh heh ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: