News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Himmapaan

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 24, 2012, 04:35:00 AM
I guess I'm referring more to the belly then. It looks like it should come out as far as the elbow. So it's ribs have been shortened a lot it looks like.
Oh, I see, I misunderstood you! I like to informally call that section you're referring to as the 'barrel' (horse term ;D).

amargasaurus cazaui

My suggestion would be to just lengthen the neck a tad and change its name to Plateosaurus..... ;D
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Himmapaan

I'm afraid it would need considerably more work than that to become a Plateosaurus.  ;D

Seijun

Aliens sucked out it's ribcage :(
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

ajax

To make it more acurate display it from the behind (back view). Or directly front on so you cant see how far the chest sticks out.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ajax on August 24, 2012, 05:37:50 AM
To make it more acurate display it from the behind (back view). Or directly front on so you cant see how far the chest sticks out.

But it would always be there...out of sight but not out of mind...mocking me.  lol ;D

postsaurischian

Some more previews of the new Favorite Soft-Models:
http://www.f-favorite.net/contents/weblog/products/000254.cgi
There are also Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Deinonychus & a second T. rex.

Hm, I think this is maybe the wrong thread, because these won't be available before 2013.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 24, 2012, 06:38:58 PM
There are also Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Deinonychus & a second T. rex.

Hm, I think this is maybe the wrong thread, because these won't be available before 2013.

Hmm..those aren't nearly as exciting as the previous ones in my opinion..they each look a little odd. Except maybe the Velociraptor..which just needs more feathers. :/

DeadToothCrackKnuckle

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 24, 2012, 06:45:02 PM

Hmm..those aren't nearly as exciting as the previous ones in my opinion..they each look a little odd. Except maybe the Velociraptor..which just needs more feathers. :/

You do have to remember that these are just the concepts ;) And the brown part of the Velociraptor, are those scales or feathers? It's hard to tell...

©Julius T. Csotonyi

tyrantqueen

Here are my initial opinions on the new models
Brown Rex: Great, an improvement over the old sculpt. It looks quite beefy too, as a Rex should.
Styracosaurus: Great as well, although I prefer my ceratopsians to have large bodies, and short, almost withered tails.
Pteranodon: Meh, just looks like a recolour of their old sculpt.
Allosaurus: Fantastic, a 100% improvement on the old sculpt.
Triceratops:Meh, it's okay. Not as robust as I would like it to be. My idea of a perfect ceratopsian model is the green Favorite desktop model.
Spinosaurus: The colours are nice. I like the dewlap too.
Brachiosaurus: Don't like this one at all. Perhaps I need to see a better picture, but it looks like it's lacking in detail.
Plesiosaurus-thing: It's nice, I am glad to see its neck is 100% straight.
Parasaurolophus: I like the face a LOT better than the old sculpt. Looks a bit on the skinny side though. The figure looks like it has a miffed expression in the pic XD
Ankylosaurus: Pretty nice, I like how the sculptor gave this figure more of a slight active pose, rather than the stock still posture most ankylos get.
Stegosaurus: Same boring recycled Stego colours again :X Orange/red plates and green body. Overall nice sculpt though, but I think the back legs are a bit chunky.
Velociraptor: If those brown things are feathers (which I think they are) then it looks great. If not, then it's a bad figure :X
Green Rex: Are Favorite copying Papo's idea of making a female and male Rex pair? Seeing how this one has some feathers on its forearms, perhaps this one could be the male :O

juju1305

hello guys, favorite has updated their blog with more pictures of new models.
They're redoing the whole soft model series obviously. I LOVE the new stego. And the green Trex is a different sculpt from the brown one.

I WANT them  ^-^

Jetoar

I think the same. Allosaurus is very accurate  :).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dan

Actually, I was told they might start trickling in this year. Thought I mentioned that, maybe not.

Anyway, look at this funny little fluffy-armed fellow! Is there a more coy way of sneaking feathers onto a tyrannosaur?

Seijun

He also has feathers across his back and tail.

Not fond of the feathers on the arm though. They don't look natural to me.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 25, 2012, 06:32:50 AM

Green Rex: Are Favorite copying Papo's idea of making a female and male Rex pair? Seeing how this one has some feathers on its forearms, perhaps this one could be the male :O

no they are doing what they did for there last run.

They had a Brown and Green rex out then.

Seijun

Favorite had two paint versions of all their dinos, didn't they? However, this is a little dif in that each trex is a different sculpt.

Takama

Quote from: Seijun on August 25, 2012, 11:26:05 PM
Favorite had two paint versions of all their dinos, didn't they? However, this is a little dif in that each trex is a different sculpt.

I don't think they all had an alternate color, unless you count those clean white ones in the Paint your dinosaur series

I personally believe they are continuing the trend of making 2 Rex's, only instead of lazily recoloring the same sculpt, they made a diffrent interpretation.

Seijun

Nevermind, only the trex and deinonychus had two paint versions.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dan on August 25, 2012, 09:35:02 PM

Actually, I was told they might start trickling in this year. Thought I mentioned that, maybe not.

Anyway, look at this funny little fluffy-armed fellow! Is there a more coy way of sneaking feathers onto a tyrannosaur?

Heh heh..not that I know of.. ;)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on August 26, 2012, 03:21:02 AM
Nevermind, only the trex and deinonychus had two paint versions.

There were four paint versions of the T. rex ;).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: