News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Himmapaan

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 28, 2012, 04:45:38 AM
I want to see feathered hadrosaurs

*Pelts Tany with gastroliths*   ;D

Quote from: Seijun on August 28, 2012, 04:30:53 AM
It really annoys me when artists/toy companies put a measly little row of feathers starting at the wrists. It just feels like a cop-out to me...

Would these count, Pam?

Seijun

Quote from: Himmapaan on August 28, 2012, 05:30:19 AM

It really annoys me when artists/toy companies put a measly little row of feathers starting at the wrists. It just feels like a cop-out to me...

Would these count, Pam?

Yes, but seeing as how it's my favorite artist, I might be forced to forgive them.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Seijun on August 28, 2012, 06:47:11 AM

Would these count, Pam?

Yes, but seeing as how it's my favorite artist, I might be forced to forgive them.

lol I was about to be ashamed of my Spino, Gorgo, Dilo, ect...  ;D

Patrx

I like the way you think, good sir.

Himmapaan

Quote from: Seijun on August 28, 2012, 06:47:11 AM

Would these count, Pam?

In fairness, they also draw fully (or more extensively) feathered dinosaurs too.  ;D

Quote from: Pixelboy on August 28, 2012, 06:56:31 AM

Much as it pains me to disagree with you, Patrick... *Throws a gastrolith in your direction also*  :P ;D

postsaurischian

Quote from: Pixelboy on August 27, 2012, 07:22:41 PM
After the beauty that is the 2012 Dino Expo Tyrannosaurus from Kinto/Favorite, I don't think I'll ever be able to spend money on a featherless theropod again.

With the exception of Malcolm's Ceratosaurus and Dilophosaurus, which I have already ordered; they are rather nice.

Stop the feather madness!

BTW: Does anyone know where to get the Favorite Expo polystone Tyrannosaurus (except for the Tokyo museum shop and the highly overprized Clawmark offer)?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 28, 2012, 08:35:26 PM
Quote from: Pixelboy on August 27, 2012, 07:22:41 PM
After the beauty that is the 2012 Dino Expo Tyrannosaurus from Kinto/Favorite, I don't think I'll ever be able to spend money on a featherless theropod again.

With the exception of Malcolm's Ceratosaurus and Dilophosaurus, which I have already ordered; they are rather nice.

Stop the feather madness!

BTW: Does anyone know where to get the Favorite Expo polystone Tyrannosaurus (except for the Tokyo museum shop and the highly overprized Clawmark offer)?

Ebay maybe ?

Patrx

Quote from: Himmapaan on August 28, 2012, 06:04:14 PM

Quote from: Pixelboy on August 28, 2012, 06:56:31 AM

Much as it pains me to disagree with you, Patrick... *Throws a gastrolith in your direction also*  :P ;D

*Deftly avoids the aforementioned projectile*
Oh, don't tell me you're not at least a little curious to know what a feathered hadrosaur might look like ;D

Himmapaan

I'd even thought about drawing one, truth be told.  :P But I'm ready to confess that I am glad hadrosaurs are remaining scaly.  ;D

And hey, I'd only just finished a commission for a fuzzy sauropod not two hours ago.  ;)

Patrx

Quote from: Himmapaan on August 30, 2012, 05:10:09 AM
I'd even thought about drawing one, truth be told.  :P But I'm ready to confess that I am glad hadrosaurs are remaining scaly.  ;D

Yes they are, for now  >:D

And hey, I'd only just finished a commission for a fuzzy sauropod not two hours ago.  ;)

You did? Splendid, that'd be cool to see, if you deign to share it sometime  :)

Himmapaan

Quote from: Pixelboy on August 30, 2012, 05:26:54 AMYou did? Splendid, that'd be cool to see, if you deign to share it sometime  :)

'Deign', haha! You make me sound dreadful. ;D Yes, I'll definitely share it when I have permission. :)

EmperorDinobot

I really want that Papo Brachiosaurus. I want it to be my JP Brachiosaurus for the display.

Roselaar

Went to my preferred Papo store yesterday. No trace of the Brachiosaurus yet. When I informed the lady behind the counter about it, she said it wasn't in the August batch of Papo products, with the next batch not up for at least a month. Guess it won't make that August deadline anymore then... :-/

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on August 31, 2012, 12:47:07 PM
Went to my preferred Papo store yesterday. No trace of the Brachiosaurus yet. When I informed the lady behind the counter about it, she said it wasn't in the August batch of Papo products, with the next batch not up for at least a month. Guess it won't make that August deadline anymore then... :-/

It was some time in July that we were told that here (can't remember by who).

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on August 31, 2012, 02:36:10 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on August 31, 2012, 12:47:07 PM

It was some time in July that we were told that here (can't remember by who).

I missed that. I was probably on vacation then. Any update on a new deadline for the Brachiosaurus?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I believe it's still September the Brachio.

Takama

The Brachio Is still comeing out in September(as far as i know) However, Dans says that Papos products are the most unpredictable.

Metallisuchus

Yeah I've noticed that too... The Papo Oryx Antelope (Gemsbok) was supposed to be released months ago.

Takama

Message from DeanJankins with some dissapointing news

QuoteBecause I remembered that you were interested in the release date of the Papo Brachiosaurus, I thought you might like to see this information that I got from my Papo supplier . . . .

I just heard back from Papo about the Brachiosaurus. The ETA now is Nov 1st.

At this rate, it may as well be a 2013 figure

SBell

Quote from: Takama on September 07, 2012, 08:43:34 PM
Message from DeanJankins with some dissapointing news

QuoteBecause I remembered that you were interested in the release date of the Papo Brachiosaurus, I thought you might like to see this information that I got from my Papo supplier . . . .

I just heard back from Papo about the Brachiosaurus. The ETA now is Nov 1st.

At this rate, it may as well be a 2013 figure

Somewhere I had a message that said latest September, earliest October...

So eventually?  As it is, my daughter, who spent July and August pining for the Brachiosaurus, has moved on, so I can save $40. Of course, she moved on to a $50 dragon figure from Schleich...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: