News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

November? Too bad... but I think I'll survive.

ZoPteryx

Just a minor note: I was in my neighborhood Michaels craft store the other day and was stunned to see that they had all of the 2012 Safari figures!  First time I've seen recent figures at that store in a long time.

Takama

Quote from: Zopteryx on September 10, 2012, 02:02:18 AM
Just a minor note: I was in my neighborhood Michaels craft store the other day and was stunned to see that they had all of the 2012 Safari figures!  First time I've seen recent figures at that store in a long time.

Hey Hobby Lobby has them all two

SBell

Quote from: Takama on September 10, 2012, 02:51:30 AM
Quote from: Zopteryx on September 10, 2012, 02:02:18 AM

Hey Hobby Lobby has them all two

Yeah, but Micahels having all of the 2012 figures in 2012 is something pretty unique!

Blade-of-the-Moon

My local Micheal's carries nothing but the toobs.. :/

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SBell on September 07, 2012, 08:58:53 PM
Quote from: Takama on September 07, 2012, 08:43:34 PM
Message from DeanJankins with some dissapointing news

QuoteBecause I remembered that you were interested in the release date of the Papo Brachiosaurus, I thought you might like to see this information that I got from my Papo supplier . . . .

I just heard back from Papo about the Brachiosaurus. The ETA now is Nov 1st.

At this rate, it may as well be a 2013 figure

Somewhere I had a message that said latest September, earliest October...

So eventually?  As it is, my daughter, who spent July and August pining for the Brachiosaurus, has moved on, so I can save $40. Of course, she moved on to a $50 dragon figure from Schleich...

Papo BrachiO late September or early October is the latest news about release.  :-\

Roselaar

Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 11, 2012, 06:18:40 AM

Papo BrachiO late September or early October is the latest news about release.  :-\

Reliable source? I'm hearing both October and November thrown around.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Roselaar on September 11, 2012, 11:37:25 PM

Everything Dinosaur UK?

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 10, 2012, 07:36:39 AM
My local Micheal's carries nothing but the toobs.. :/

Mine has the same dinosaurs it had when I started collecting over two years ago. You would think it would benefit them to change their stock on occasion. I looked every few months for some time but gave up. Sounds like it might be worth checking back there again.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 11, 2012, 11:40:28 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on September 11, 2012, 11:37:25 PM

Everything Dinosaur UK?

Yes, on their FB page ;)

EmperorDinobot

So today I went to TRU and let me tell you of my findings!

First off, I saw some new ChapMei Dinosaurs, a Deinonychus, a Spinosaurus, and a Pachycephalosaurus. I was super tempted to get the Pachy as he fits right in with the rest of my JP. They're all of course somewhat unaccurate, have shortish tails, etc. And they had this big set with this obscenely ugly Dilophosaurus/Spinosaurus hybrid (CE adult Dilophospinus?). Ugly as heck, but a cool figure none-the-less. Appealing to the monster crowd.

Then I saw some Schleich dinosaurs. Spinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Allosaurus, some Velociraptor that kinda looks like a rip off from JP/Papo, and they all had articulated jaws. They were lighter than their original molds. I then went to Fred Meyer, and saw a Parasaurolophus and Stegosaurus repaint. Sorry, I have the originals, and they are some of the best dinosaurs of each species ever made, despite Schleich's...1950's idea of dinosaurs.

That is all I have to report.

Sadly, I've just accepted the fact that while I have other space for my other collections, having 1000+ dinosaurs and ever limited space means that I have no space for any more dinosaurs.

Roselaar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 12, 2012, 10:41:18 AM

First off, I saw some new ChapMei Dinosaurs, a Deinonychus, a Spinosaurus, and a Pachycephalosaurus.

Not sure whether these are new for me (all three species have been done and repainted by Chap Mei before, but they do occasionally make new sculpts of previously featured species). Could you provide a picture please?

CityRaptor

Those look like repaints.

Talking of "monstrous" Dinosaurs, the Predasaurs toyline has released three playsets:
http://www.tiktaktoo.de/simba-predasaurus-landschaft-triassic-desert-cretaceous-mountain-jurassic-jungle/de-info-2857.html
These may be of use for Dioramas, ( also with normal Dinosaurs ) but I think they are a too expensive...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DC

I thought with all the calls for new mammals someone would have posted about the Play Mobil, yes I know there is a separate Play Mobil thread.  No mammoths there either. 

[attachment msg=18761][/attachment]
You can never have too many dinosaurs

CityRaptor

Given that Mammoths are token prehistoric mammals, I don't think anyone would call for more of them.  Those who want more mammals obviously call for something like the Elasmotherium, Baluchi/Indrico/Paraceratherium or Basilosaurus ( who really should be renamed into Zeuglodon )....or Gigantophitecus.
Oh no

Takama

Yes  Everyone knows that Mammoths are so cliche. ::)

CityRaptor

They are included in nearly every line that also has Prehistoric Mammals. So yes, they are cliche.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: