News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Completing the Tyco Page

Started by suspsy, September 25, 2016, 11:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Ahoy, all regular and guest reviewers! I've compiled a list of the Tyco toys that still need reviews.

From the standard Dino-Riders line:

-Chasmosaurus
-Pachyrhinosaurus

And from the Ice Age subtheme line:

-Sabre-Toothed Cat
-Woolly Mammoth

Good reviewing, folks!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Lanthanotus

You missed the Styracosaurus, I think.... can add that soon. Missed a cheap chance on the Edmontonia on ebay unfortunaly, could still kick myself :D

suspsy

DC

There is a hard plastic Tyrannosaurus and Quetzalcoatlus included with a playdoh mold set.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

suspsy

Archinto

So what exactly is expected for a review on these? I have several of these figures many that are complete that are on this list. I have some incomplete ones, i am assuming you only want reviews on complete figures?ive got the series three quetz but its missing the gun tips, bombs and algar. Croc is filling his place till i can get a kentro.

As forcurrently listed figures that i have complete ones of

Diplodocus, torosaurus, styracosaurus, quetzalcoatlus (s1), giant ground sloth and the pachcephalosaurus.

As far as incomplete figs with some armor and people, stegosaurus, qutzalcoatlus s3

And no armor dinosaur figures, wooly mammoth, sabertooth (i have guns only), killer wart hog and brontosaurus
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

suspsy

No, if you look at the Tyco page, you'll see that the reviews focuse solely on the dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts themselves. That said, if you wish to mention the accessories in any review you submit, by all means, go ahead. Just ensure that most of the photos depict the animals clearly from different angles.

Archinto

Oh wow ok. Ill take a look. I could fulfill most of the list then aside from the pachyrhinosaurus and the chasmosaurus. Ill take a look at the review page and see how they are done. I think photos and or mention of the armor and accessories that they come with is important. Itll give readers a better idea of how awesome the toys really are, aside from the quality that even still surpasses that of many modern dinosaur toys. The glass eye effect they have is so cool.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Archinto

One thing i did notice, i think that the tyco page should be broken down into "smithsonian" "dino-riders" and Cadillacs & Dinosaurs" there were some distinct molding differences between the dino riders and smithsonian/c&d dinosaurs. The original tyco toys have deeper marked details and better paint. Some were made between three different places of manufacture. So far i have ones from macau, hong kong and china. maybe include photos of each type in comparison to one another. I know the moniclonius and styracosaurus both got their armor clip holes filled in and their molding detail and paint quality got hindered. The dino riders had the best paint jobs. All later models were a bit lackluster in comparison. I have versions of both figures for a few like thw monocloius stegosaurus and triceratops. I have all three of the triceratops figures if i remember right and theyre all complete.

Id like tos see a secition dedicated to the armored figures within the tyco page, as well as how its setup already with focus on the figures. I think motorized figures should either be added to each dino page that was done with a smithsonian figure.

The t rex on your review page also has a broken mouth. Whoever owns that could open the belly and probably fix it. Looks like it came off its hinge. I had one of them years ago but one of its legs broke off

suspsy

I can't speak for Adam, but I honestly don't think it's necessary to divide the Tyco page into subsections. The mould differences you listed are pretty minimal, and we can always specify the line in the title, i.e., "Pachyrhinosaurus (Dino-Riders by Tyco)" or "Styracosaurus (Smithsonian Collection by Tyco)." There's already a lot of company pages and if the Tyco page gets divided into subsections, then the CollectA page would also have to be divided into subsections for Procon and CollectA. And the Jurassic Park page would have to divided into Jurassic Park, TLW, and JP3. And so on.

Best to keep it simple. I look forward to your submissions, especially the Ice Age mammals. :)

Archinto

I can understand that totally. Maybe each review could have an added photo with description? I have both versions of many of the ones that have reviews and need reviews, so ill be sure to add to that :) the originals made for the dino riders line are the best quality, and the quality varies slightly on some of the models depending where they are made on the eraly ones, the armor more so than the dinosaurs themselves.

suspsy

That could work. Write up a review with some good photos, send it to Adam or myself, and we'll see.

suspsy

Removed the Killer Wart Hog, as a review of it will be going up soon.

suspsy

A review of the Styracosaurus is now in the pipeline.

Archinto

Ive got a smilodon review inthe works, just found another color variant so now three different types to show! :) maybe ill bust out the mammoth at the same time.

suspsy

Cool! I look forward to posting them.

suspsy

suspsy

Still a number of toys left to be reviewed!

suspsy

suspsy

Removed the Torosaurus. Only seven more toys to go, people!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.