You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Roselaar's Collection Version 1: 2012-2017

Started by Roselaar, June 07, 2012, 06:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Haven't added a new collection thread to these boards yet since the DTF's move, so I'm doing it now. I finally got the time to take some pics of my extensive collection of Chinasaurs, so let's start there. It's mostly trashy stuff, but there's also various figures I know nothing about, so maybe there's some hidden gems here. I already came upon one old Bullyland figure I never realized I had, so that's a good sign.  ;D
It will take a few days/weeks to post all of the Chinasaurs, I'm not posting it all at once. Let's start here:

The Sauropod is one of those despicable Transformer type JP knockoffs, except this one isn't based on a Hasbro JP figure, which does make it more original but still not much to look at. But hey, that goes for a lot of actual Hasbrosaurs too.  ::)

These little figures are truly bizarre, featuring both totally silly monsters and attempts at dinosaurs. Plus some cavemen, the best figures of the bunch.

If you think the new Collecta Mapusaurus has obesity issues, look at that Raptor...

The colourful Whitepostian figures in the back came with candy boxes at the local Jamin candy store chain back in 1993 to cash in on the JP caused dinosaur craze. Needless to say, they were among the ugliest figures available at the time.

A Pteranodon with a bat motif, what's not to ridicule like here?

Please feel free to comment on these fugly figs loveable cutiesaurs from the Far East.  ;)

ZoPteryx

Those are some truely peculiar creatures! :o

Except for the head, that nodosaurus in the last photo doesn't look too bad.

Roselaar

Trust me, that Nodosaurus only looks good because the picture quality is so bad (and sorry for that).

Here's some more Chinasaurs:

The Rhamphorhynchus is okay from a retro view point. These are all very "flattened" figures, from two different lines.

I have no idea what the Theropod in the back is supposed to be. I like the Nothosaurus type figure though.

These are bootlegs from the figures in the previous picture, except for the orange Plesiosaurus I forgot to put in said pic. My bad.

Medium sized figures, these kinda feel related to the colourful line in the second pic. I'm not sure they are though.

Now these are classic big Chinasaurs. In fact, the black Trike and the Rex were among my very first dinosaur toys at age 3. Oh, the sweet memories! :)

Keep those comments coming!  ;)

tyrantqueen

I have that big Chinasaurus Rex :D

Those theropods (?) looking like they're doing the splits XDDD

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 08, 2012, 03:04:50 PM
I have that big Chinasaurus Rex :D

Everyone ought to have that big Chinasaurus Rex! It's a classic piece after all. Even Mr. Bean played with it in his Christmas Special.  ;D

Bokisaurus

LOL! the Chinasaurs finally get their well deserved thread! Very cute collection ;D

Roselaar

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 08, 2012, 08:44:30 PM
LOL! the Chinasaurs finally get their well deserved thread! Very cute collection ;D

Thanks! And here's some more for those who enjoy seeing oddball inaccurate plastic monstrosities:

Various bigger Chinasaurs, and a Thunderbeasts Dilophosaurus. The big Raptor and the two small ones came together as a set, a very inspired (for Chinasaurs) move to portray carnivorous dinosaurs as a family unit I assume.

Y'all undoubtedly know this type of dinosaurs, hugely inaccurate and excessively ugly with wide opened mouths and big teeth. I call them 'screamers'. Got lots of those, including these older ones. Interesting choice of species here, including Polacanthus, Edaphosaurus and whay I think is a Scelidosaurus.

More screamers, smaller ones.

Some decent bigger Chinasaurs here. I really like the Plateosaurus. The Ceratopsid in the foreground according to its underside is a Protoceratops... they ain't fooling me though.

Some medium sized Chinasaurs. Good Mammoth here. One of the Trikes got attacked by a dog apparently and it shows. The Sauropod in the back originally had a tongue sticking out its mouth, but I cut it off as a kid. A mistake, in hindsight.

Roselaar

The adventure continues!:

Nothing of particular interest here, even Chinasaurs can be overly generic at times.

Interesting Plateosaurus and Therizinosaurus here. Plus, an unusually posed Corythosaurus.

Theropod in two variations! One with sound chip, one without. Of course they just had to put a Godzilla roar in there.  ::)

Baby dinosaurs! Pretty cute. The small dinosaurs in the foreground are rubbery, stretchy thingies. They feel pretty creepy.

More generic Chinasaurus. The Ankylosaurid is not too bad I suppose.

sauroid

Quote from: Roselaar on June 10, 2012, 10:37:35 AM
The adventure continues!:

Interesting Plateosaurus and Therizinosaurus here. Plus, an unusually posed Corythosaurus.

More generic Chinasaurus. The Ankylosaurid is not too bad I suppose.

the Plateosaurus, Therizinosaurus and the 2 large Triceratops from pic 1 and 2 are actually not very bad. (i'd buy them if i encounter them in the stores)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Quote from: sauroid on June 10, 2012, 01:47:17 PM

the Plateosuarus, Therizinosaurus and the 2 large Triceratops from pic 1 and 2 are actually not very bad. (i'd buy them if i encounter them in the stores)

I thought the same thing about the former two figures. I was happy enpogh to find them on flea markets for next to nothing.

tyrantqueen

QuoteThe adventure continues!:

That Corytho sort of reminds me of this  :)

ZoPteryx

Wow, I had no clue there was a chinasaur Therizinosaur out there!  It's pretty neat!

And that Corythosaurus is nice too, looks very much like it was based on the photo Tyrantqueen posted.  If only they'd given it the same color scheme! :D

amargasaurus cazaui

The Sauropod is one of those despicable Transformer type JP knockoffs, except this one isn't based on a Hasbro JP figure, which does make it more original but still not much to look at. But hey, that goes for a lot of actual Hasbrosaurs too.  ::)

That Sauropod is actually a knock off from the original transformers dinobot sludge, circa 1984, old school transformers there. I have the original transformers dinobots and will post them later this week when I get a chance for you

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Roselaar

Thanks for the info, Amarga. I would like to see some pics of that classic Trannies' dinosaur if you can put them online.  :)

BTW, I think you had better edit that last post of yours so your own typing isn't lost between mine and my pictures. It took me a while to find out what you had added to it.  :P

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Roselaar on June 11, 2012, 08:37:57 PM
Thanks for the info, Amarga. I would like to see some pics of that classic Trannies' dinosaur if you can put them online.  :)

BTW, I think you had better edit that last post of yours so your own typing isn't lost between mine and my pictures. It took me a while to find out what you had added to it.  :P
I am still learning the boards here and I noticed I made quite the mess with that last posting so please do edit it down to where it works better and thanks. Tomorrow I will try and get you some pictures of the original transformers dinobots. Mine still have all their weapons and pieces, and even boxes. I think one of them is still factory sealed....but  I will get you a decent set of pictures, promise. They were always a favorite of mine. Grimlock the leader, or Tyrannosaur, followed by Sludge, the sauropod, Slag the triceratops, Swoop the pterodactyl and of course, Snarl the Stegosaurus.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Roselaar

I can't edit your post, only you can. ;)

Looking forward to the pics!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Roselaar on June 11, 2012, 09:02:09 PM
I can't edit your post, only you can. ;)

Looking forward to the pics!

Hopefully I cleaned up the mess I made. Pictures tomorrow if possible, thanks

Roselaar

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 12, 2012, 05:11:55 AM

Hopefully I cleaned up the mess I made. Pictures tomorrow if possible, thanks

You did, thanks!  :-*

amargasaurus cazaui

Was able to locate and picture two of the original transformers Dinobots team today. Here are autobots Grimlock , the dinobot leader, and Dinobot warrior Sludge.

First up Grimlock....."ME Grimlock kick butt !!!"

Second picture, Dinobot warrior Sludge
Grimlock and sludge ready to do dinobot battle in robot mode.
I will try to get the other three rounded up tomorrow for you and some more pictures.

[attachment msg=11535][/attachment]

Roselaar

Thanks for the pics! I don't see much resemblance between the Chinasaur Transformer Apatosaurus and Sludge though. The former still looks more inspired by the likes of the Tyco Diplodocus.

Anyway, here's some more Chinasaurs.

Not much to tell here, just recent generic Chinasaurs.

I like some of the small figures in the foreground. How often do we see species like Protoceratops or Tsintaosaurus among Chinasaurs?

Very diverse bunch. Both older and newer figures. The Apatosaurus is really stretchy and creeps me out completely.

The Rex in the back is an old Shell exclusive figure. The sculpt itself is often used though. The figure standing on its tail is truly bizarre but I like it. Anybody recognize the Monoclonius' brand? It feels like a quality figure though it doesn't look like one.

Tyco Stegosaurus knock-off. My first electronic dinosaur. I got it when I was like 6 years old.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: