You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Roselaar's Collection Version 1: 2012-2017

Started by Roselaar, June 07, 2012, 06:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Time for some more pictures of cheap dinosaur toys!  ;D

Smaller old AAA figures. Some of these are pretty good from a retro perspective.

Bigger old AAA figures. I have fond memories of the Pteranodon and Elasmosaurus. The latter I still like a lot. It's also available in a green version I understand.

Some Waiphoon figures. The Pachycepalosaurus/Stygimoloch and Euplocephalus are quite cool actually.

I have extremely fond memories of these, since they came with packs of very yummy dinosaur cookies (produced by the Lu cookie company) when I was a kid. The cookies can still be found in some European countries' supermarkets (I have a secret supply line from Belgium), but sadly they don't come with dinosaur figurines anymore. Sucks too, I haven't got them all yet. Interesting species here: the upright creature in the back is supposedly an Ornithosuchus, while there's a Nothosaurus (or is it a Melanorosaurus?) in the front row.

A sticker book company named Panini once produced this awesome retro line of stickers that came with the above little dinosaurs, while the sticker book came with a fold-out diorama. In total there are 24 different figures, including some species I never saw produced as figures again, including Palaeoscincus and Moropus. Also a lot of nostalgia over these figs.

And of course some company ripped them off in a sinister looking black paintless version. Very poorly done, there's still many a piece of redundant plastic sticking out of their limbs.

tyrantqueen

The Elasmosaurus is actually pretty decent. For one thing it doesn't have a twisty neck :P

The AAA Allo (or is it a Rex?) is a classic :))

landrover

I have all collection of Lu cookie company, are beautiful dinos.

They have names and numbers .

Roselaar

Quote from: landrover on June 30, 2012, 05:09:11 PM
I have all collection of Lu cookie company, are beautiful dinos.

They have names and numbers .

Those aren't the Lu cookiesaurs, those are the Paninisaurs. You'll find the former in the pic above the Paninisaur pic.

sauroid

i just got that Panini Triceratops in a garage sale/flea market type store today for free. so tiny (2"x1") and so cute.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

I have the whole Panini set too, I have fond memories of collecting them, and the stickers. The figures were more recently rereleased as smaller versions in a harder plastic by the Early Learning Centre. Actually, this line really deserves a thread of its own. Roselaar, do you mind if I create one by splitting some of the posts from this thread?  :)

Roselaar

Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 30, 2012, 11:21:37 PM
Roselaar, do you mind if I create one by splitting some of the posts from this thread?  :)

Nope, go ahead! I'd like to know about this new line too. I recently came upon a Smilodon figure in a random lot of contemporary animal figures and was very surprised to see the sculpt was still in use.
I'd also like to know more about the black Paninisaurs I posted a pic of, I've never seen them again and I'd like to know who made these rip-offs.

Roselaar

That's it for the Chinasaurs. I'll repost my "real" collection pics from my old thread in the original DTF boards for those of you who missed it then, and to get my entire collection on a single board once again. Hope this isn't against the rules. If it is, too bad.  ;D
Let's start with the main collection, the one I started back in 1993 and finished only a few months ago. Welcome to Jurassic Park!

Some of the JP pics are out of date. I added more doubles to my collection since I made these pics. Don't really need the doubles, but it's a shame to just let them rot on flea markets.

Roselaar

Continuing:

tyrantqueen

The Jurassic Clone Army! XD

Looks like you have a bad Dimetrodon infestation there, better call the exterminator before things get out of hand ;)

Roselaar

My pest control service consists solely of religious radicals, they don't believe in the existence of Dimetrodon infestations. :)

Roselaar

Another batch of pics:

Metallisuchus

Wow you've got a lot of duplicates. Why so many though? I had a few raptors as a child so I could have a pack, but why so many Grants and Sattlers?

CityRaptor

Isn't it obvious? InGen is secretly cloning humans!

Quote from: Roselaar on July 04, 2012, 02:44:54 PM
My pest control service consists solely of religious radicals, they don't believe in the existence of Dimetrodon infestations. :)

Just call them Dragons!  :D

Indee an awesome collection. Reminds me that I still need to  take a pic of my japanese Coelophysis.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: Metallisuchus on July 06, 2012, 08:02:05 PM
Wow you've got a lot of duplicates. Why so many though? I had a few raptors as a child so I could have a pack, but why so many Grants and Sattlers?

Most of them I got in Ebay lots, where there's only one or a few figures I wanted and I got the rest as a bonus so to speak. I never bothered to sell them on, I'm quite happy to keep them where they are. Most of the really common loose doubles I found on flea markets for so cheap I considered it a crime against my JP oriented conscience to leave them there to rot, even the human figures. Even if you got 10 Dimetrodons already, you can't resist an 11th specimen for only 20 cts if your mind is so far gone as mine if you love JP so much as me. Plus, you gotta admit it looks pretty amazing when people walk in and this is what they see first:

I always get a kick out of seeing those jaws drop to the floor. It wouldn't be half that impressive without the doubles. I admit it's shameless, mindless, rampant zombie consumerism, but it's too late for me, young Metallisuchus I just kinda like it like this. ;D

Paleona

Ahh, that's amazing!!  If I walked into your house and saw that, I'd be looking for a shopping cart, haha.

Himmapaan

Quote from: Roselaar on July 06, 2012, 09:12:23 PMI always get a kick out of seeing those jaws drop to the floor.

Consider mine well and truly dropped. Even if this isn't my first time seeing these pictures.

Gwangi

Simply amazing. If for some reason you ever do decide to get rid of some doubles I think I could help you out.  ^-^ 

Metallisuchus

Yeah I can understand that. I don't know how some of you can find dinosaurs at flea markets - all I ever see are baby clothes and old people stuff.

Seeing your collection, I think I now know what heaven looks like.

Roselaar

Quote from: Gwangi on July 06, 2012, 10:51:28 PM
If for some reason you ever do decide to get rid of some doubles I think I could help you out.  ^-^

Well, there's a few in my trade thread in the Classifieds, but I admit they're only the most common figures so probably not all that interesting. And I prefer not to get rid of rare doubles, unless there's something offered I truly desire (which at the rate my collection is growing, happens less and less).

Thanks for the kind comments, folks! Always appreciated! ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: