News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A Miocene Swamp

Started by Geraldopithecus, October 06, 2016, 11:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geraldopithecus

My Diorama with an Amebelodon from Safari Ltd.

DinoLord

You'll need to upload the images to a non-private location so those of us outside your Outlook can see them.  ;)

Lanthanotus

Very nice diorama and well photographed. I like how the colors of the beast blend into its environment. Did you use epoxy for the water/swamp or is it "just" a non permanent diorama with real water/mud to not sacrifice the figure for that purpose?

Derek.McManus

Very impressive modelling thanks for sharing!

Geraldopithecus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 07, 2016, 11:02:18 AM
Very nice diorama and well photographed. I like how the colors of the beast blend into its environment. Did you use epoxy for the water/swamp or is it "just" a non permanent diorama with real water/mud to not sacrifice the figure for that purpose?
Thank you! I used transparent candle wax.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mr. Challenger

Very nice one, the water effect is fantastic.

Megalosaurus

Its small, but very nice.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Daspletotyrannus

This is an awesome diorama you made.  Sometimes when I look at my safari mammoth and calf I see the adult sinking in a tar pit and the baby trying to grab the  adult to help.  It can be I've been to the La Brea Tar Pits  in Los Angeles and they have something like that full size. I know I can't do anything like that.  I don't have the time or the patience to do it. Do you have any other diorama you are making at the moment?

Geraldopithecus

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on October 16, 2016, 08:10:56 AM
This is an awesome diorama you made.  Sometimes when I look at my safari mammoth and calf I see the adult sinking in a tar pit and the baby trying to grab the  adult to help.  It can be I've been to the La Brea Tar Pits  in Los Angeles and they have something like that full size. I know I can't do anything like that.  I don't have the time or the patience to do it. Do you have any other diorama you are making at the moment?
thank you! i´m thinking about a savannah diorama with a Macrauchenia and a forrest diorama with a Dinotherium. But i´ve got to find the right material. the La Brea Tar Pits are a very attractive and defying scenery.

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: Geraldopithecus on October 17, 2016, 07:43:42 PM
Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on October 16, 2016, 08:10:56 AM
thank you! i´m thinking about a savannah diorama with a Macrauchenia and a forrest diorama with a Dinotherium. But i´ve got to find the right material. the La Brea Tar Pits are a very attractive and defying scenery.

That sounds cool can't wait to see them when you finish. I'm sure model train stores should help in finding the materials.  I remember looking in a book about model trains and they showed what looked like savannah grass in the grass section of the book.

Everything_Dinosaur

A nicely composed diorama that brought back pleasant memories of the Aurora Tar Pit kit from the 70's.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Wow, this is an incredible diorama! I love the tar pit.

dreadmane

Check out my prehistoric toy/model photography on the Dinosaur Toy Forum here or Instagram here

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.