News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Finally Home

Started by Geraldopithecus, October 07, 2016, 01:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geraldopithecus

Finding this forum is like finally coming home! ;D I was infected with fever for prehistoric life when i was a small boy visiting our Museum of Natural History in Vienna. The pictures of the great czechoslovakian painting magician Zdenek Burian influenced my imagination about the life long time ago. (Although science changed our view of the physique of prehistoric creatures). I collected a lot of plastic dinos and other primeval animals and books. The Tertiary emerged as my favourite era! I know: no dinosaurs...  ::)
In short: i´m happy to be here and may find intersting and funny topics! ^-^

Derek.McManus

Welcome to the forum and I hope you have a great time here! I am sure that many other members will share your interests.

Jose S.M.

Welcome! I hope youtube enjoy te forum!  :)

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum! We'll forgive you for preferring the Tertiary ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lanthanotus

Welcome to the DTF.... and well, just those avian dinosaurs in the Tertiary, but that's not the worst, I especially like the Starlux prehistoric birds :)

stargatedalek

Don't be silly, the tertiary had some of the best known and most interesting of all dinosaurs! My favorite dinosaur family didn't even appear until the late Eocene.

DinoToyForum

Geraldopithecus

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 07, 2016, 09:38:41 PM
Don't be silly, the tertiary had some of the best known and most interesting of all dinosaurs! My favorite dinosaur family didn't even appear until the late Eocene.
Hi stargatedalek!
Do you mean the birds? Please correct me when i´m wrong. ^-^

RobinGoodfellow

Welcome.
I love "Megafauna" too.
Unfortunately there aren't so many figures about that.
Here my collection:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157660163862768/page1
and
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157659173738273
And about your "Megafauna"  collection?
Please, share with us..
^-^

Jetoar

Welcome to DTF new friend  ^-^.

I love too Megafauna and I have made some species of animals as Aurochs, Stephanorhinus and Pachycrocuta  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stargatedalek

Quote from: Geraldopithecus on October 08, 2016, 08:22:45 AM
Hi stargatedalek!
Yup, I meant terror birds and auks (respectively).

Geraldopithecus

my own little pleistocene Museum

Mammuthus trogontherii molar

Mammuthus primigenius scapula

replica smilodon skull

Lanthanotus

Nice display, did you collect those mammoth fossils yourself? There's a dredging lake near my hometown where a friend of mine used to search for mammoth fossils and other Pleistocene remains. He even found a deciduous tooth of a baby mammoth once, a very rare find as I am told. Used to collect there too now and then, but what I found was mainly just fossil scrap material :D

Geraldopithecus

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 08, 2016, 07:21:25 PM
Quote from: Geraldopithecus on October 08, 2016, 08:22:45 AM
Hi stargatedalek!
Yup, I meant terror birds and auks (respectively).
auks are interesting... and cute! I once had the pleasure to visit a puffin colony in Norway and watch them from near.
There is a painting of Diatryma by Burian. When i first saw it i was fascinated by the powerful feet.

Geraldopithecus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 11, 2016, 11:13:37 PM
Nice display, did you collect those mammoth fossils yourself? There's a dredging lake near my hometown where a friend of mine used to search for mammoth fossils and other Pleistocene remains. He even found a deciduous tooth of a baby mammoth once, a very rare find as I am told. Used to collect there too now and then, but what I found was mainly just fossil scrap material :D
the mammoth fossils i got from exhibitions. near my home there is a renatured recreational area with a small lake. originally it was a brick factory area. when they renatured it the diggers brought up plenty of Paratethys fossils - mainly shells. This was almost 30 years ago and you still can find some ;)

Everything_Dinosaur

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will discover lots of Cenozoic orientated topics to keep you enthused.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.