News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo New for 2017

Started by Takama, November 04, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waste_management

I got my Cryolophosaurus in the mail yesterday, it isnow my absolute favorite figure from papo. The level of detail is amazing and the paint job is ,in my opinion, their best yet...I also really love the more shiny finish on this one.

Reptilia

Do you plan on retouch it like you did with the Baryonyx? You made that one looking exactly like the prototype.

waste_management

Quote from: Reptilia on June 28, 2017, 12:41:54 AM
Do you plan on retouch it like you did with the Baryonyx? You made that one looking exactly like the prototype.

Thank you:) No not with this one because the paint job is so great already and the shiny finish suits the figure very well...BUT i also got the Acrocanthosaurus and while i really loke the sculpt, i hate the colour and i think the paint job is ( at least on my figure ) a little bit sloppy. So I will definately give this one a repaint.

Everything_Dinosaur

The Papo Cryolophosaurus dinosaur model is now in stock at Everything Dinosaur.

You can find it here: Papo Cryolophosaurus dinosaur model

Minmiminime

Oh man...I'm not going to be able to resist this one. Just knowing it's out is going to torment me until I get my hands on it. Expect an order later..!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Reptilia

I hope I can place my order soon!

Minmiminime

"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Saurox

What on earth has happened to the dimorphodon?

suspsy

Quote from: Sentry on July 05, 2017, 05:36:09 PM

Perhaps Papo took one look at the CollectA Dimorphodon and immediately cancelled theirs! :D

Joking aside, it'll probably just come out later this year. The Smilodon and the cave bear also haven't been released yet.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on July 05, 2017, 05:59:05 PM
Quote from: Sentry on July 05, 2017, 05:36:09 PM

Perhaps Papo took one look at the CollectA Dimorphodon and immediately cancelled theirs! :D

Joking aside, it'll probably just come out later this year. The Smilodon and the cave bear also haven't been released yet.

As I was told by a local shop said figures dimorphodon, cave bear (ursus spelaeus) and smilodon will be available after the summer, at least let's put ourselves in October of this year at best, and in my country still not Commercializes the cryolophosaurus of Papo.

The distributor in Spain is pretty bad at least in terms of organization compared to the previous one.  :(

SpartanSquat

Yeah...the new distribuition in spain is pretty lame. So when in Spain it will be avalible the acrocanthosaurus, ceratosaurus and cryolophosaurus?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RolandEden on July 05, 2017, 06:11:43 PM
Yeah...the new distribuition in spain is pretty lame. So when in Spain it will be avalible the acrocanthosaurus, ceratosaurus and cryolophosaurus?

I am going to buy them in my usual shop, that is to say, in the Museum of Natural Science in Madrid, it is my shop as always in terms of figures of Papo, Collecta and books and Dvd (although now they do not sell).

Of all the ways you can find in www.alcaiceria.com of Granada I believe that it is the unique store of Spain that has them.

MLMjp

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 05, 2017, 07:47:24 PM
Quote from: RolandEden on July 05, 2017, 06:11:43 PM

I am going to buy them in my usual shop, that is to say, in the Museum of Natural Science in Madrid, it is my shop as always in terms of figures of Papo, Collecta and books and Dvd (although now they do not sell).

Of all the ways you can find in www.alcaiceria.com of Granada I believe that it is the unique store of Spain that has them.

Few weeks ago I discovered a store in Madrid that carries Papos.

It is caller Aquarela libros

HereĀ“s the website:
http://www.aquarelalibros.es/aquarela_88435.html

The store is relatively close to Avenida de America. You can see the exact direction in the website.

Last time (And first) I went they had the Polacanthus (which I bought), but Acrocanthosaurs, Ceratosaurus and others I do not know when they will come. Also if you want an specific figure that has already been release but it is no in the store you can ask the owner to order one to the distributor, I now that because he offered himself to do it for me .

Shonisaurus

terrorchicken

they are now at Happy Hens and yowza! didnt think the Acro would cost around the same as the apatosaurus!

Nanuqsaurus

My father, mother and sister are on holiday in France now. Before departure, I gave them a list of all the Papo's I still need >:D Hope they find me some new 2017 figures! :)

Irritation

Well, prepare yourselves for another set with repaints or who knows what else. This is a dinosaur collection set leaked at https://www.hotalingimports.com/
Here's a shortcut to prove it: https://www.hotalingimports.com/wholesale/product-detail/papo/dinosaurs/Dinosaur-Collectors-Box-Set/

Reptilia

The link you provided says "item code: 80100", which is the catalogue number of the T-Rex and Oviraptor set from last year. But I wouldn't be surprised if they'd come up with another boxset this fall, like it was in 2015 and 2016.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on July 25, 2017, 04:48:23 AM
The link you provided says "item code: 80100", which is the catalogue number of the T-Rex and Oviraptor set from last year. But I wouldn't be surprised if they'd come up with another boxset this fall, like it was in 2015 and 2016.

In short, do you think they can make exclusive dinosaurs like the previous years? I do not know if you will have any news on this subject, I would be interested for example a repainted acrocanthosaurus or a ceratosaurus.

Reptilia

I don't have any news, that link was simply redirecting to the T-Rex and Oviraptor set, but it's quite easy to guess that Papo will pull out more repaints in the near future. If any exclusive set comes out this fall I suggest not to rush the purchase, Papo can always release those supposed exclusives as part of the standard line just a couple of months later.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: