News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo New for 2017

Started by Takama, November 04, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Reptilia on July 25, 2017, 08:03:55 PM
I don't have any news, that link was simply redirecting to the T-Rex and Oviraptor set, but it's quite easy to guess that Papo will pull out more repaints in the near future. If any exclusive set comes out this fall I suggest not to rush the purchase, Papo can always release those supposed exclusives as part of the standard line just a couple of months later.

They haven't done that with the rainbow T-Rex though. I think most Papo lovers don't want to risk the next exclusive ending up as rare as the Brown Running Rex...

Reptilia

True, but you never know. Maybe they can be both reissued at some point. The brown running rex is the only one I'd be interested to buy though.

Irritation

Quote from: Reptilia on July 25, 2017, 08:44:55 PM
True, but you never know. Maybe they can be both reissued at some point. The brown running rex is the only one I'd be interested to buy though.
The most brilliant thing the could do is a pack with a raptor with colors similar to the original one and the brown running T-Rex.

yankeetrex

I usually buy my papos on amazon, but i'm not paying 30 plus dollars for the Cryo when the acro is going for 28.  Has there been no US distribution?  Prices seem silly for the size that the ceratosaurus and the cryo are. Also starting to get worried about the dimorphodon. When will that be released?

Jose S.M.

Quote from: yankeetrex on July 28, 2017, 02:04:51 PM
I usually buy my papos on amazon, but i'm not paying 30 plus dollars for the Cryo when the acro is going for 28.  Has there been no US distribution?  Prices seem silly for the size that the ceratosaurus and the cryo are. Also starting to get worried about the dimorphodon. When will that be released?

Dejankins already has the theropods

http://www.dejankins.com/papo/

Reptilia

I think the Dimorphodon and Smilodon will be available after the summer. Papo delivered a lot of new models for 2017, and I think it is a clever move to spread the releases all over the year.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on July 28, 2017, 08:09:38 PM
I think the Dimorphodon and Smilodon will be available after the summer. Papo delivered a lot of new models for 2017, and I think it is a clever move to spread the releases all over the year.

Honestly for me it is better to release dinosaurs and prehistoric animals as soon as the Safari company does.

With regard to Papo I prefer his old method of previous years of delivery of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. One enjoyed before the news of Papo dinosaurs.

Reptilia

For those interested in fantasy and mythology here's a review of the Papo phoenix, both colours. Even if mythological it is still a bird, so a dinosaurs' relative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c17gUDUILlk

Reptilia

Cave bear! It actually looks 3D printed on one side, but despite that how cool is it?

Kaprosaurus

To be honest,it looks cartoony,fur detailing isn't good,and that hump in the back is just......weird,dunno if it is the fur or part of the anatomy.

Reptilia

The hump should be part of the animal's anatomy.

SpartanSquat

What happened to Papo?! The bear is out of my plans. I think Acrocanthosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Cryolophosaurus and Dimorphodon are still in my plans

Nanuqsaurus

That doesn't look like Papo quality. :( It's lacking details and its face just looks silly.

Jose S.M.

The body is not bad but still it's not what's typically expected from papo in terms of detail. That face is the problem, it's even less detailed. I don't know if it's the photos or something but the face looks smooth, no texture can be appreciated.

SpartanSquat

Looking again, it reminds me to the first wave of figures from Carnegie

Halichoeres

Is this a different sculptor from the one who does the dinosaurs?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SpartanSquat

I dont think he is the same guy. He also made the Cats and Felines. I hope at least the Smilodon will be better

terrorchicken

oh so Im not the only one who is really disappointment with the face, the rest is fine but the face makes it looks like one of those "evil bears" from a kids animated film.

too bad b/c their woolly rhino was so much better. Judging by this and that new ridiculous looking smilodon I hope they aren't going for a  cartoony look for their prehistoric mammals thinking it will make them more appealing to kids. It would explain why they retired the rhino as it wouldn't fit in with the new style.

Simon

i don't know why all of these toy companies all keep making "cave bears" that all basically just look like - well, BEARS. 

They should be making the Short-Faced Bear, which was not only the largest bear ever, but completely different in appearance than today's bears. Isn't the main attaraction of prehistoric creatures supposed to be their weirdness of appearance?

Just my 2 cents worth ...

yankeetrex

I do a lot of 3d printing and those sure do look like print lines on the side of its face.  I wonder if they molded a resin 3d printed copy and just went with that.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: