News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo New for 2017

Started by Takama, November 04, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on December 23, 2016, 12:19:56 PM
Quote from: hao_bao on December 23, 2016, 10:06:27 AM
Everyone pretends to be too cool and scientific for Papo dinosaurs then each year they erupt into boyish excitement when they're revealed. You only need to count the pages of this thread in comparison to the other company lines. :P

Huh?
??? I'm never a fan of Papo, I never "erupt into boyish excitement" once they're revealed.

Shonisaurus

But if they made the Baryonyx Papo with that considerable size (from my disproportionate point of view) regarding the tyrannosaurus rex from the same factory, I do not understand how they have made an acrocanthosaurus perhaps smaller than the godzilla model.

By the way the acrocanthosaurus is a great figure although it is necessary to wait between the prototypes and the real figures.

The keratosaurus although its green colors seem very reticent I will not hesitate to buy although it will have to wait to visualize it physically repeats again. However I find the Safari version much better, being smaller in size although this does not seem to be a big thing in size.

stargatedalek

DinoToyForum

Blade-of-the-Moon

Strong lines this year, but not much else of interest.  I am reminded I wanted to get the Alligator Snapping Turtle though..might go great with the Cryo as a random prehistoric looking turtle.

Shonisaurus

This year Papo has focused mainly on the subject of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. If you have fixed more than an eighth of their novelties are extinct animals.

On the other hand they are very well made the walrus and the lazy bear. What I see I have also added a new line that are the wild animals giant I think is a copy of Safari Incredible creatures

copper

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 23, 2016, 06:18:12 PM
Strong lines this year, but not much else of interest.  I am reminded I wanted to get the Alligator Snapping Turtle though..might go great with the Cryo as a random prehistoric looking turtle.

I'm not usually fond of papo's dinosaurs. I'm interested getting the Cryolophosaurus (I'll modify and repaint it.)
And I'll be also getting the papo's Alligator Snapping Turtle! (I'll modify and repaint it also.)
Blade we have common taste with these two figures!   :)

Roselaar

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 23, 2016, 06:18:12 PM
I'm highly tempted by both colors of phoenix and that alligator snapping turtle as well as the Acro and maybe the Cryo.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Irritation

Gwangi

I was excited to hear they made an Alligator snapping turtle, until I saw what it looks like. That thing looks awful.  :( Getting dinosaurs wrong is one thing...

tanystropheus

Quote from: Irritation on December 23, 2016, 11:44:02 PM
I don't think the "Cassowary" Oviraptor is the only repaint of the dinosaur we have.
I found this on eBay. Unless it is a knockoff, this is evidence to support it.
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/wEMAAOSw5cNYXTiK/s-l400.jpg
Source:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Papo-Toy-Playset-Dinosaurs-T-Rex-Oviraptor-16cm-3-Years-80101-New/192060495486?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38530%26meid%3Dc99392152f9b4ec6a10975724af2020d%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D192060495486

Are you sure someone didn't swap the Oviraptors and repackage it as an ebay bundle? It's easy to do since it has an open window flap.

Irritation

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 24, 2016, 01:27:39 AM
Quote from: Irritation on December 23, 2016, 11:44:02 PM
I don't think the "Cassowary" Oviraptor is the only repaint of the dinosaur we have.
I found this on eBay. Unless it is a knockoff, this is evidence to support it.
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/wEMAAOSw5cNYXTiK/s-l400.jpg
Source:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Papo-Toy-Playset-Dinosaurs-T-Rex-Oviraptor-16cm-3-Years-80101-New/192060495486?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38530%26meid%3Dc99392152f9b4ec6a10975724af2020d%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D192060495486

Are you sure someone didn't swap the Oviraptors and repackage it as an ebay bundle? It's easy to do since it has an open window flap.
Well that could be considering the green Oviraptor. It said it ships from the UK.

copper

Quote from: Gwangi on December 24, 2016, 01:23:14 AM
I was excited to hear they made an Alligator snapping turtle, until I saw what it looks like. That thing looks awful.  :( Getting dinosaurs wrong is one thing...

Yeah, it's pretty bad but I can see potential in it, that's why I'm modifying and repainting it. I also have the Safari one which is waiting repainting too.

oscars_dinos

A little late but happy holidays to all  :) finally got all the 2016 papos (Before the year ended to)

Saurox

As much as I like the initial images of the 2017 releases, I do feel a bit taken aback by the absence of an Iguanodon figure. I also feel that re-releasing the 2015 Raptor repaint and the 2016 Oviraptor repaint as the 'new' repaints for 2017 is an utter cop out and disloyal to anyone who purchased the exclusive sets that they were part of.

suspsy

Yeah, my sympathies go out to anyone who purchased the Oviraptor/T. rex set.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Derek.McManus

Quote from: suspsy on December 28, 2016, 11:15:13 PM
Yeah, my sympathies go out to anyone who purchased the Oviraptor/T. rex set.

The joys and perils of clever marketing!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: