News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo New for 2017

Started by Takama, November 04, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Sentry on January 23, 2017, 01:20:26 PM
Everything dinosaur have confirmed on their site that the Acrocanthosaurus, Ceratosaurus, dimorphism, cave bear and the smilodon won't be in stock until June  >:(

For long we are told by these prehistoric figures. This is a reason to love Safari your figures are released in the worst case early in the year. The same thing about Papo happens with Collecta whose figures also go to eyedropper and I believe that there is no exception in the other dinosaur companies.

It would be great if they released the figures of Papo, Collecta, Schleich (if it is kentrosaurus, stegosaurus, dunkleosteus or pentaceratops otherwise I am not interested) and Bullyland (in their good times now unfortunately we have what we have) at the beginning of year or end Of the year as does Safari. From my point of view it is a complete task of taking so long to commercialize these figures. June and September for both dinosaurs and prehistoric animals mentioned Papo as cryolophosaurus is totally excessive.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2017, 05:28:27 AM
About the size of the Velociraptor, not bad.

I still can't tell if the Polacanthus is smaller or larger than the Papo Ankylosaurus.

Reptilia

I guess basically same size, Polacanthus must be a little longer because of the straight tail.

Shonisaurus

I have just received urzeitshop.de polancanthus from Papo and although it is small (the same approximate size of ankylosaurus from the same factory but less voluminous) is very detailed that yes I think it has imperfections the head reminds me of a dragon especially the part Rear of the head. I apologize if I can not do a photo or even with the mobile (which I do not have) so that the members of the forum could see it.

On the other hand it is less striking and more muted the color purple with respect to the promotional photos. Regardless of criticism and wars between companies, I like and for me is the most important. It is very well finished and is soft to the touch.

Reptilia

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 23, 2017, 05:38:14 AM
I don't know if anyone's seen the Ceratosaurus in person yet, but with one foot lifted up like that how does it not fall over? Does it rest on the tips of its claws on the lifted foot, leading to the paint getting scraped off there very easily?

The feathered Velociraptor also needs to prop on its lifted foot claws, I guess if you just display the figure without playing with it you won't have any paint wear. Mine is still perfect.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 25, 2017, 09:06:36 PM
... the head reminds me of a dragon especially the part rear of the head. I apologize if I can not do a photo or even with the mobile (which I do not have) so that the members of the forum could see it.

Yes, it does seem to have the head of a dragon  ;D

Halichoeres

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 26, 2017, 03:30:27 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 25, 2017, 09:06:36 PM
... the head reminds me of a dragon especially the part rear of the head. I apologize if I can not do a photo or even with the mobile (which I do not have) so that the members of the forum could see it.

Yes, it does seem to have the head of a dragon  ;D

Funny. I gather that the head of Polacanthus isn't well known, but some of its relatives, like Gobisaurus, had distinctly helmet-like skulls. I don't have any idea whether that should translate into a helmet-like external head appearance. So far I like the head on this one better than the excessivley narrow head on the WWD figure, and it's certainly an improvement on the frightened bull look that the CollectA version sports.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mauro "Raptor86"

spinosaurus1

Okay, this confirms it for me. that is a near exact color scheme as the sideshow ceratosaurus. And I absolutely adore that aspect.

TheRaptorSlayer

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on January 27, 2017, 01:50:49 PM
Pictures of the Cryo from Everything Dinosaur
http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2017/01/25/papo-new-for-2017-part-3.html

I must say, I really like it! When I first saw it, I wasn't totally convinced by it's pose, but it doesn't look bad at all! And those colors! For some reason I always loved the tiger pattern on dinosaurs. And it works perfectly for this lovable fellow!  :D

Definitely adding it to my must-have list!  ^-^
So your world's benign?
So you think justice has a voice
And we all have a choice?
Well now your world is mine...
And I am fine...

Shonisaurus

It does not look bad, it is beautifully detailed but unfortunately it is not scientifically a cryolophosaurus. Anyway, I already have another figure to buy, but that does not mean that this figure is far enough away from what a theropod should be like the one it represents.

But the one does not remove the other is a beautifully decorated and detailed figure and his pose does not cease to have a certain charm reminds me of the allosaurus of the same company even if they have no similarity. Unfortunately it will not reach the markets until the summer, so we will have to wait quite a while.

Reptilia

This figure looks amazing! Since the article says that Everything Dinosaur had the chance to see the model in the flesh I assume the one pictured is an early sample, so I'm quite confident the actual quality of the production pieces will be very close to this. But it wouldn't be any news from Papo, they're used to deliver high quality products. Definitely the one of the new Papos I want the most.

The Atroxious

The thigh looks badly undermuscled compare to the calf, not to mention how the back of the leg looks shrink wrapped, but otherwise it still looks quite good. I'm really digging the spikes. Spiny theropods are a major plus for me, especially when the spines look as good as they do on this figure. The color scheme is also really appealing, even though it seems better suited to a savannah- or desert-dwelling animal. To be fair, it's not impossible coloration when you consider the Siberian tiger.

All in all, I'm still pretty well convinced I'll be purchasing this guy.

BlueKrono

Quote from: The Atroxious on January 27, 2017, 04:08:42 PM
I'm really digging the spikes. Spiny theropods are a major plus for me, especially when the spines look as good as they do on this figure.

Would you say they're... awesome?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Moodyraptor

Definitely liking the look of the cryo best of the new batch, especially if it's not a tripod.   :)

Saurox

Apparently its about the size of the papo carnotaurus

Reptilia

My guess is the three theropods will be kinda like this:

Cryolophosaurus = Carnotaurus
Ceratosaurus = Allosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus = running T-Rex

And I can't help but think how the Cryolophosaurus paint scheme would have looked wonderful on both the other two.

The Atroxious

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 27, 2017, 06:16:46 PM
Would you say they're... awesome?

I would indeed say they're awesome, bro.

AcroSauroTaurus

The teeth on the lower jaw look like Globidens teeth, and could've been done better, but otherwise I really like it! Still more excited for the Acro and Cerato though, being two of my favorite theropods.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 28, 2017, 05:28:07 AM
The teeth on the lower jaw look like Globidens teeth, and could've been done better, but otherwise I really like it! Still more excited for the Acro and Cerato though, being two of my favorite theropods.

The figure is superdetailed much better than the prototype. On the other hand the placing in the outline of the eyes those dark spots, give an image of a cruel and evil animal.

But what is said is very detailed and that thanks to Papo is one of the things I value most of that company, despite their inaccuracies. On the other hand I celebrate that it is bigger than I thought (like the carnotaurus), I feared that it was much smaller.

However my greatest desire is to have in my hands the acrocanthosaurus of the same company that say that it will be the same size of tyrannosaurus rex! According to a forum member.

And what I said and I repeat it again as many times as it takes is a lack of consideration on the part of Papo that market their figures so late (for the summer are expected). We spend almost a whole year waiting for such figures since they are revealed until they are marketed.

Could all companies adopt the philosophy of Safari, rapid revelation of the novelties and simultaneous revelation of their figures, that is something that does neither Collecta nor Papo which is frustrating.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: