News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo New for 2017

Started by Takama, November 04, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Derek.McManus on March 08, 2017, 04:50:08 PM
I always thought that the Papo Allosaurs looked slightly satanic!

I think you might mean "demonic" or " draconic" ... better descriptions perhaps?  I can't  see it being red, horned, bat winged or having a vipercated tongue and a spear tipped tail. ;)   But draconian yeah i can see that.

CityRaptor

Draconic, could be. Of course an iguana has similar spines.

You know Shonisaurus, you make Hell sound like a pretty sweet case. Speaking of hell, Thomas Hawkins made that connection, too.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Navigating the net I learned that in shop.modellpferdeversand.de already market the acrocanthosaurus and ceratosaurus 2017 of Papo. Apart from these are available oviraptor and velociraptor (repainted).

I pass the link, where you can see which figures are commercialized,

http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/Papo-Figuren/2017-Papo-Neuheiten:::5_659.html

Lanthanotus

Am tempted to get the Ceratosaurus, but i recently added the I-toy to my collection and while the Papo has better colors, I prefer the stance and overall looks of the I-toy,.... maybe later somewhen.

Reptilia

tanystropheus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 16, 2017, 10:20:31 PM
Am tempted to get the Ceratosaurus, but i recently added the I-toy to my collection and while the Papo has better colors, I prefer the stance and overall looks of the I-toy,.... maybe later somewhen.

Well, that's a first.

Silvanusaurus

Are these actually in stock already, or just preorders?

Flaffy

Sorry a little off topic, but is anyone experiencing problems with the urzeitshop carnegie page? The listings are all there, but no images and when you click on it it says that item is not available?

Regarding the cerato, not bad, not bad at all for a papo figure.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on March 17, 2017, 01:26:07 AM
Are these actually in stock already, or just preorders?

They are in stock.

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on March 17, 2017, 02:24:53 AM
Sorry a little off topic, but is anyone experiencing problems with the urzeitshop carnegie page? The listings are all there, but no images and when you click on it it says that item is not available?

Urzeitshop's new web-design is awful and very confusing.
The new Papo figures are being offered but they're not filed under "new figures" ::). That's why I overlooked them and ordered from Modellpferdeversand. Something's going wrong with Urzeitshop. That's a pity.
When I was in Australia last month, it wasn't even possible for me to place an order.

ceratopsian

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 17, 2017, 04:44:46 AM
Urzeitshop's new web-design is awful and very confusing.
The new Papo figures are being offered but they're not filed under "new figures" ::). That's why I overlooked them and ordered from Modellpferdeversand. Something's going wrong with Urzeitshop. That's a pity.

I'm glad that someone else finds Urzeitshop's new design confusing.  I find it very difficult to locate what I want these days and thought it was just me!  It's a great deal harder now to look at the resin models sold as built up and painted.  It used to be so easy to browse (and therefore buy sometimes) when they split all their dinosaurs into miniature, small and large.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 17, 2017, 12:37:24 AM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 16, 2017, 10:20:31 PM

Well, that's a first.

To me sincerely I like the ceratosaurus of Rebor than the one of Papo, as far as the acrocanthosaurus happens to me the opposite I like the Papo more than that of Rebor. The I-toy I know is good but not having it I can not comment would have to have it physically.

Anyway, the ceratosaurus of Papo is a bit childish with all my respects and for me is the weak figure of the group of theropods of Papo, I like more by far the cryolophosaurus and of course the acrocanthosaurus, of the same factory.

spinosaurus1

how is the ceratosaurus made from papo childish, might i ask?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on March 17, 2017, 04:24:32 PM
how is the ceratosaurus made from papo childish, might i ask?

It's just my opinion, it's not as finished as the other theropod figures this year.

I do not look as finished as the cryolophosaurus and acrocanthosaurus. On the other hand its colors do not convince me although they are more conservative than the other two figures. Honestly I will have it in my collection, but I am not convinced as other figures of Papo 2017 but another thing will be to see it physically and not in figure, sometimes the photographs deceive. But what I said for now does not convince me.

tanystropheus

I think it is adultish and rather indecent in its manner of attire and overall state of being. Having said this, all dinosaurs that lack sufficient plumage are, by default, indecent and lewd.

Minmiminime

The head of the Ceratosaurus looks a little different to how I expected it to look from the promo shots! It doesn't seem to be too shrink-wrapped, I suppose the scales around the orbit could be purely decorative... There doesn't seem to be much sign of the antorbital fenestrae, yet the whole head looks odd somehow. There's something reminiscent of Emperor Palpatine going on to my eye, but I so want it!! More than any other Papo this year :))
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 17, 2017, 05:17:15 PM
I think it is adultish and rather indecent in its manner of attire and overall state of being. Having said this, all dinosaurs that lack sufficient plumage are, by default, indecent and lewd.
Even the ones that aren't supposed to have plumage?  :P

Does urzeitshop ship internationally?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 18, 2017, 01:15:39 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on March 17, 2017, 05:17:15 PM
Even the ones that aren't supposed to have plumage?  :P

Does urzeitshop ship internationally?

Yes it accepts international shipments like other online companies and the deal is excellent. I have bought many of his articles recommend it.

His kindness, patience and respect to the clients is what I value most. Apart from that comes in a record time to your address all your orders. In fact I am from Spain and I arrived in less than a week each of the shipments that I made. Dans is an excellent person.

Fenestra

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 18, 2017, 02:51:49 AM
... Dans is an excellent person.

Are you talking about Dan's Dinosaurs or Urzeitshop? ???

Shadowknight1

Well, I can't figure out ordering on Urzeitshop...tried and it gave some kind of error.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 18, 2017, 07:38:36 AM
Well, I can't figure out ordering on Urzeitshop...tried and it gave some kind of error.

The new website returns some random error actually but it works..
I'm not sure about that but I think it's Google Translator that generates errors on Urzeitshop website.  ???
It seems that the site works well without Translator.  ::)
If you can't order here, new Papos are also available at Modellpferdeversand:
http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/Papo-Figurines/Papo-Prehistoric-Line:::5_528.html?MODsid=9bkjenrkoeekk54ku9285oi9f5

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: