News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo New for 2017

Started by Takama, November 04, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Fenestra on March 18, 2017, 07:37:18 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 18, 2017, 02:51:49 AM
... Dans is an excellent person.

Are you talking about Dan's Dinosaurs or Urzeitshop? ???

Sorry, I mean Miron from urzeitshop. Dans is another trader with whom I have great relations of purchase of prehistoric figures and is a great person.

As I buy in many online stores and my memory sometimes fails me I'm wrong when talking about seller.

postsaurischian

I'm having the Ceratosaurus in my hands right now and I must say it's the best theropod figure made by Papo that I've ever seen.
Hope I can take pics tomorrow.

Ezikot

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 18, 2017, 03:16:04 PM
I'm having the Ceratosaurus in my hands right now and I must say it's the best theropod figure made by Papo that I've ever seen.
Hope I can take pics tomorrow.
Knowing your good - to say the least - tastes, it becomes a must-have for me.
May I ask you about its scale? Something like 1:25/1:30?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ezikot on March 18, 2017, 05:21:54 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on March 18, 2017, 03:16:04 PM
I'm having the Ceratosaurus in my hands right now .......
May I ask you about its scale? Something like 1:25/1:30?

It's 22 cm long, so you're right - it's about 1:30.

postsaurischian

>> more pictures of the Ceratosaurus are here.

Nanuqsaurus

Wow, looks way better than I expected! I love Papo's eye for detail! :)

Shonisaurus

The figure is very detailed. It does not look bad although it is not outstanding at all is nevertheless a very good figure. For my part I will have to wait a long time to pick it up. I owe it to the Shop of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid and I am aware that it will take a long time for both the ceratosaurus and the rest of the figures to arrive in Spain. In fact I just arrived in Spain the polacanthus of Papo that I have reserved in the Store. That does not mean at first sight by the photos is a rather small figure, I think it is the smaller Papio theropod that is done this year and the legs this from my optics seem a bit short.

However the one that interests me more is the acrocanthosaurus and the cryolophosaurus (although the latter I would like it to be with the erect tail). However to be figures aimed at the whole public (children and collectors) are some luxury figures in the toy market. Very detailed and very finished and I am very grateful for Papo even though they are not scientifically correct but are attractive to anyone of any age. In fact I know that many palaeontologists have them as decoration in their offices although later they affirm that they are not paleoartísticamente correct.

Jose S.M.

Looks really nice, I had lost interest in this one but those pics made le regain it. And it stands on it's feet right? Doesn't look like the hand claw touches the surface.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 19, 2017, 05:53:57 PM
....... it stands on it's feet right?

It's a very good idea to balance a theropod figure on one foot and the other foot's claws.
The Ceratosaurus stands perfectly :).

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 19, 2017, 05:51:32 PM
....... the legs this from my optics seem a bit short.

Unfortunately the arms are too long. That's the only thing that I find a bit disturbing.
I can live with it and love the figure. Together with the Polacanthus,
Papo has finally released two more "scientifically orientated" figures. I'm glad to see this :).

tanystropheus

The figure is very detailed. It does not look bad although it is not outstanding at all is nevertheless a very good figure. For my part I will have to wait a long time to pick it up. I owe it to the Shop of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid and I am aware that it will take a long time for both the ceratosaurus and the rest of the figures to arrive in Spain. In fact I just arrived in Spain the polacanthus of Papo that I have reserved in the Store.

Not sure if I agree. The Cerato appears to be Papo's best theropod. Incredibly detailed, and the colors are vibrant as if they popped out of a Dorling Kindersley book. This model is making me very excited about the Papo Giganotosaurus. The Polacanthus is cute and makes for a good companion piece to the Papo Ankylosaurus.

Jose S.M.

The arms do look a little big, but to me, when it has it's jaws opened it look like its chasing a prey so it has is body lowered and because of that the legs look short. And if you have it's jaws closed it looks like it's getting up after some resting.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 19, 2017, 06:14:08 PM
The figure is very detailed. It does not look bad although it is not outstanding at all is nevertheless a very good figure. For my part I will have to wait a long time to pick it up. I owe it to the Shop of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid and I am aware that it will take a long time for both the ceratosaurus and the rest of the figures to arrive in Spain. In fact I just arrived in Spain the polacanthus of Papo that I have reserved in the Store.

Not sure if I agree. The Cerato appears to be Papo's best theropod. Incredibly detailed, and the colors are vibrant as if they popped out of a Dorling Kindersley book. This model is making me very excited about the Papo Giganotosaurus. The Polacanthus is cute and makes for a good companion piece to the Papo Ankylosaurus.

I get it. It is one thing to see the figures in person and another to see them in photography. This is what happened to the prehistoric animals of Favorite like the anomalocaris or opabinia that at first sight did not have much history (it is not the case of the ceratosaurus that is a great figure) and then to have them physically I took a very pleasant surprise to me.

The said can only be analyzed well a good figure if you have physically with the single photographic references can not judge in a real way a figure of toy / collection as it is in this figure Papo.

Centrosaur86

Nice pictures postsaurischian, The Ceratosaurus is a bit bigger than the Carnotaurus I heard. But that's not bad because the largest fragments (UUVP 81) of Ceratosaurus point to an individual of 8.8 m. I can't wait to have the Acrocanthosaurus and Ceratosaurus in my hands this week! Pictures coming soon.   ;) :D

Silvanusaurus

No doubt about it, he's a handsome chap. I'm very tempted to order from Germany just to get my hands on him.

Shadowknight1

I ordered the Acrocanthosaurus from urtzeitshop, can't wait for it to get here.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Acro's comics

Yes, it is a beautiful model. I am still a little unsure about the Acrocanthosaurus and its face. I hope I can find a closer image and make a decision about them.

Halichoeres

That Ceratosaurus definitely has some good angles. Very tempting.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I'll definitely get that Ceratosaurus, and the Polacanthus too. Not interested in any of the others.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Centrosaur86

Hello today arrived the Papo Ceratosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus! For more photo,s check my collection page.  :D

terrorchicken

those are some very sexy theropod heads. Nice sculpts.  8)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: