News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

diverse small Dioramas

Started by MIXVS MINIMAX, June 10, 2012, 09:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

I love the apatosaurus figure and it diorama looks good:D excuse me what is mr.Krentz collection ? A company ?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ARUL on October 07, 2014, 01:09:17 PM
I love the apatosaurus figure and it diorama looks good:D excuse me what is mr.Krentz collection ? A company ?
It's a line of resin models produced by one David Krentz, who is an artist.

paleoferroequine

These are very good, I especially like the Afrovenator and Jobaria diorama, very well done. ;D You said you were working on your own? Do you mean your sculpts? Can't wait. 8)

Pinkamena

These are all so cool! So much detail. My fave is the Apatosaurus  :)
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

Indiana_Jones

Everything look very good and detailed and it's obvious you are very skilled and put a lot of effort in doing all that. My personal favorite however: wooly rhino. Amazing :)

MIXVS MINIMAX

Thanks, thanks.
Apatosaurus got a silver on a modelling exhibition.
For me everything is alright when the details look nice in the macro-modus.

Arul

MIXVS MINIMAX

Here we go with a new finished model and mini-diorama.
I needed to smooth the layers of the 3D-printing and added new claws.

Acrocanthosaurus atokensis, David Krentz, 1/72

bL00df0x

Wow, your mini dioramas are amazing! Very impressive!

Arul

MIXVS MINIMAX

Arsinoitherium zitteli, 1/72. Its a 3d-printed (Shapeways, FUD) model from Manuel Bejarano.

The eyes could be sculpted/printed a bit more prominent. So they are hardly to find to paint.

Overall its a good model. I painted it in hippo-style.

Crackington

Beautiful model, you must have good eyesight! Is that real plant material the model is on- moss?

Lanthanotus

I guess it's prefabricated grass tussocks as can be bought for model train landscaping (click).

Forgot to add.... impressive details on those tiny figures and great paint jobs.

MIXVS MINIMAX

Thanks.
It's "static grass" indeed.  Unfortunately it can't really be used in dino doramas due to the absenc of gras in most of the Mesozoikum.'

Derek.McManus

Excellent work as always thanks for sharing! 😀

MIXVS MINIMAX

Lets go on!

Europasaurus holgeri, 1/72, GN Models (Shapeways, WSF)

The WSF-material sucks every detail. It can't be recommended.

Ceratosaurus nasicornis, 1/72,Manuel Bejarano (Shapeways, FUD)

Its once again a very nice model.

(paint scheme reference: Panther)

Amargasaurus cazaui, 1/72, Andrew Sides (Shapeways, FUD)

(paint scheme reference: Sable antelope)

Lanthanotus

Excellent models, you paint those spots on the Ceratosaurus for example with a single hair brush?

Btw, did you get my PM? :)

ITdactyl

Thanks for sharing these.  I really like what you did with that Amargasaurus.

I agree, the Europasaurus is not a good candidate for printing at 1/72 scale WSF.  I think the fine details Galileo put into the digital sculpt would print better in 1/40.  I have the exact same model (1/72) and aside from the visible print lines, most of the fine details were lost.

MIXVS MINIMAX

@Lathanotus:
I got Your PM and answered.

Nope, I don't have a singele hair brush, but a 2/0 brush.

@ITdactyl:
Its terrible! No eyes, no nostrils. I thought about to resculpt it, but then I left it.

CeratoGuy

woah, i like all of theese! nice)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: