You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Birdland at Bourton-on-the-Water, UK

Started by tyrantqueen, November 08, 2016, 05:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

This is a wildlife park for birds, but they have a part of the park dedicated to dinosaurs.

Sorry in advance for the huge influx of photos. If this forum had a spoiler tag, I would use it.

You have to turn the handle and a speaker inside plays sounds. I'm pretty sure most of them are soundbites from the JP movies.

Tyto_Theropod

Neat little walk, I can imagine kids having fun on this. Personally of course I'd rather go and look at the more accurate dinosaurs in the other areas! :)) Looks like those statues could use some repairs and a lick of fresh paint, though - it makes me sad looking at the Stegosaurus and the raptor.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Dilopho

I agree.

They use the same models as Dino Park (see my post about it)
but with better...positions, such as putting the Spinosaurus in the water.
However Dino Park is like a proper Prehistoric jungle, no open areas.
I like the accurate Dilophosaurus paired with a Jurassic Pak one!

Derek.McManus

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing them with us! The Spinosaurs in the water looks good!

Derek.McManus

The life size dinosaurs at this place and the Dino Park in Dumfries can be purchased from a company called 'the Jolly Rodger' though I assume they are imported from elsewhere, a quick Google search for life size dinosaurs UK should bring up the site, other animals and bones eggs etc are available obviously the price varies due to size and I'm sure it would be expensive to post a dinosaur! 😀

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Derek.McManus on November 09, 2016, 02:32:02 PM
The life size dinosaurs at this place and the Dino Park in Dumfries can be purchased from a company called 'the Jolly Rodger' though I assume they are imported from elsewhere, a quick Google search for life size dinosaurs UK should bring up the site, other animals and bones eggs etc are available obviously the price varies due to size and I'm sure it would be expensive to post a dinosaur! 😀

I recognised the model dinosaurs from my eBay searches. They didn't exactly go out of their way to obtain anything out of the ordinary, that's for sure.

Still, I enjoyed my visit. They had a lot of bird species and that more than made up for it.

Derek.McManus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.