News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Future of CollectA Brand in jeopardy(False Alarm)

Started by Takama, November 13, 2016, 10:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on December 30, 2016, 12:18:36 AM
Shonisaurus, you have absolutely no proof for any of that. All you're doing right now is fearmongering, and there's no need for it.

If Suspsy is true and I apologize but I'm terrified. I love the Collecta brand and I would be sad to see something wrong.

We know that they are mere conjectures and but this news has alarmed me prematurely.

I apologize to all the members of the forum but I am worried but it is true I have no idea what happens.

Rathalosaurus

If you didn't understand,  they are just discontinuing the Deluxe Horses. Nobody said anything about the dinosaurs or the Wild Life.
Wait before saying anything.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Shonisaurus

Investigating for another forum I have seen hopeful but not definitive news the link is as follows:

http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t17828p25-info-on-collecta-breyer-relationship

I think we are doing (me first) a world of what is not. Seeing this link I have to point out that there are reasons for optimism with reservations as is logical. Although I said I can not say why I do not know what is being "cooked" in the company Collecta with respect to its purchase by Reeves.

Roselaar

So I remain cautiously optimistic that Collecta will not be swallowed whole with no new prehistoric animal figures produced by them ever. :)

Jose S.M.

They responded a comment on Facebook, in their post about the online catalog, saying Reeves is their distributor in the U.S only, so looks like the company is still their own in some respect.

CityRaptor

Well, that is not so bad...expect that the ones in the US will have to import the good stuff themselves, given that Reeves is only distributing their hayburners.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hopefully they will give the option for retailers to order the prehistorics through them to North America.

Neosodon

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 04, 2017, 02:56:34 PM
Well, that is not so bad...expect that the ones in the US will have to import the good stuff themselves, given that Reeves is only distributing their hayburners.
Does this mean the prices for collecta dinosaurs will go up in the U.S?

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

terrorchicken

^they are already more expensive to get in the US due to the online shop owners having to get them from overseas themselves. I hope the price doesnt increase even more.
Looks like Collecta was trying to find a distributor for the US market but Reeves was only interested in the horses and they figured thats better than nothing. Collecta is hard to find in major stores here due to Schleich,  Safari and Mojo already having rule over most of the major big name stores/craft shops here. :(

CityRaptor

That's at least a better selection than just Schleich as is common here in Germany.
Oh no

Neosodon

Quote from: terrorchicken on January 04, 2017, 08:02:44 PM
^they are already more expensive to get in the US due to the online shop owners having to get them from overseas themselves. I hope the price doesnt increase even more.
Looks like Collecta was trying to find a distributor for the US market but Reeves was only interested in the horses and they figured thats better than nothing. Collecta is hard to find in major stores here due to Schleich,  Safari and Mojo already having rule over most of the major big name stores/craft shops here. :(
I always wondered why collecta models are so much cheaper in Australia. I really hope collecta gets a distributor in U.S soon. In fact most of the dinosaur models I see in stores are schleich. I don't know how a company like schleich can out compete a company like collecta but it really irritates me. >:(

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

CityRaptor

Let's see:
-Schleich has good publicty, likely due to being around since 1935. People therefore associate quality with them.
-They have their legions of fans.
-They have agressive marketing
-They hire people that write fake reviews
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 04, 2017, 05:38:01 PM
Hopefully they will give the option for retailers to order the prehistorics through them to North America.

They do in theory. Of course, they have to actually respond to emails to order from them...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on January 04, 2017, 11:37:28 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 04, 2017, 05:38:01 PM

They do in theory. Of course, they have to actually respond to emails to order from them...

Sounds like something they do infrequently?

Tyto_Theropod

Glad someone went and changed the thread title. Honestly, the original one was very sensational and I think it cause a lot of people to panic more than they should have.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

terrorchicken

Quote from: Neosodon on January 04, 2017, 09:13:06 PM
I always wondered why collecta models are so much cheaper in Australia. I really hope collecta gets a distributor in U.S soon. In fact most of the dinosaur models I see in stores are schleich. I don't know how a company like schleich can out compete a company like collecta but it really irritates me. >:(
they are? that would explain why Minizoo's prices are so good. The only US online shop that I know is still ordering new Collectas(2017) is Dejankins and the owner doesnt stock a lot from what Ive read. I dont know if any other US shop owners would really bother with all the trouble of "special" ordering when its easier for them to stock already available models like Schleich and Safari. Explains why Im seeing so many US eBay sellers that used to sell Collecta no longer carrying the 2017 lines. Sad. :(

Neosodon

Quote from: terrorchicken on January 05, 2017, 11:16:57 PM
they are? that would explain why Minizoo's prices are so good. The only US online shop that I know is still ordering new Collectas(2017) is Dejankins and the owner doesnt stock a lot from what Ive read. I dont know if any other US shop owners would really bother with all the trouble of "special" ordering when its easier for them to stock already available models like Schleich and Safari. Explains why Im seeing so many US eBay sellers that used to sell Collecta no longer carrying the 2017 lines. Sad. :(
What online store do you use? The dinosaur farm always gets the collecta new releases. That is were I got most of my dinosaurs. But it may take up to a year for them all to arrive.

Silvanusaurus

terrorchicken

Quote from: Neosodon on January 06, 2017, 02:11:55 AM
Quote from: terrorchicken on January 05, 2017, 11:16:57 PM
What online store do you use? The dinosaur farm always gets the collecta new releases. That is were I got most of my dinosaurs. But it may take up to a year for them all to arrive.
Dejankins

I thought Dinosaur Farm wasnt carrying them anymore b/c I didn't see them stcoked on their site, same with Brown House Treasures on eBay. I hope you are right that its just that it takes them longer to get them in.

Simon

Might have something to do with Australia's relatively closer proximity to the place of manufacture (China), hence lower shipping costs (?)  Just a guess...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: