You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Geoworld Jurassic Hunters and Jurassic Action

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", June 12, 2012, 04:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

The Jurrasic hunters series reminds me of CollectA, only they come with something more(Cards)

Brontozaurus

I will admit that I'm tempted by some of the giant Jurassic Action figures. They might not be amazingly accurate, but the Stegosaurus looks damn nice.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

DC

This is the smaller Jurassic Hunter version of Carnotaurus
Trying to post the rest but there are a lot of them.
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/geoWorld.html

[attachment msg=18731][/attachment]
You can never have too many dinosaurs

ZoPteryx

Quote from: DC on September 16, 2012, 04:42:49 PM
This is the smaller Jurassic Hunter version of Carnotaurus
Trying to post the rest but there are a lot of them.
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/geoWorld.html

Some of those newer ones, like the Therizinosaurus and Troodon, actually look very nice.  But others are blatant rip-offs, especially of CollectA (Agustinia and Jobaria especially)!

Gwangi

I saw these for the first time at a local grocery store of all places. They had the large Tyrannosaurus skeleton (1:10 scale) and I was tempted to buy it until I saw the $200 price tag!

Seijun

Does anyone else think some of the "Jurassic Action" figures look suspiciously like the old JP ones?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Gwangi

Quote from: Seijun on September 17, 2012, 12:34:09 AM
Does anyone else think some of the "Jurassic Action" figures look suspiciously like the old JP ones?

They do. I actually saw the "Jurassic Action" Tyrannosaurus in the same grocery store and almost bought it but then I changed my mind and decided I would rather spend that money on a JP Tyrannosaurus.

Bokisaurus

Wow, I like the figures. They  are very distinctive and they have some interesting color and paint schemes :))
I would like to get those sauropods and ceratopsians.
Where do you/can you find these anyway? I have never seen them for sale anywhere (ebay included), not even the Toys R Us store here.

Jetoar

I would like to see these figures in spanish Toys R Us. Only I have found the skeletons in the museums but I havent been seen the figures  :-\.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blackdanter

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 17, 2012, 09:44:54 AM
Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on June 12, 2012, 04:37:49 PM
http://www.eduproducts.it/file/cateduproductita2009.pdf
Jurassic Hunters from page 20 to page 25
Jurassic Action from page 40 to page 49

After I've been looking for them everywhere I give up.
Does anyone have an idea where I could get hold of the Guanlong or Caudipteryx?

You're in Europe aren't you? If so Amazon.it has them (just one vendor in Turin, Italy). I just ordered a few of the nicer ones but they're selling very fast and I noticed today that the prices have gone up. I think there's a Caudipteryx left but I'm afraid the last Guanlong went. In the US they're also on Amazon but no shipping to Europe  ;)

Ichthyosaur

Quote from: Blackdanter on September 21, 2012, 04:14:24 PMIn the US they're also on Amazon

Thanks! Just ordered the Caudipteryx and Eustreptospondylus.  :)

"The Age of Reptiles" Rudolph Franz Zallinger 1947

Blackdanter

So, wifey bought me these as an early Christmas present. They came from Amazon.it and shipped therefore from Italy. I must say that I rather like them. They are somewhat better than the first issues of Collecta figures and show some promise for future releases and It's always good to support European toy endeavours  ;)

They are made of soft plastic and the actual sculpts are pretty good in the batch I chose. I really didn't much like the look of most of the Sauropods and Ceratopsians so skipped most of them. They're also much larger than expected, most are about 7" in length, 5" in height.

My biggest gripe with these is with the paint application. Although overall good enough, the yellow eyes and the over painting of the yellow eyes is an annoyance and doesn't do the figures any favours. Also there are some annoying oversplashes and smudges. On top of that, the paint seems very prone to rubbing, much like early Bullyland figures.

I have definate favourites, but that's for me to know. There is also a total dud of a figure in this batch which is a shame but, well, you can't have it all ways can you  ;)

Here you go then, Geoworld Jurassic Hunters - 1st Expedition (not sure exactly how all of these fit into that title!)

Amargasaurus

Baryonyx

Caudipteryx

Carcharodontosaurus

Cryolophosaurus

Eustreptospondylus

Giganotosaurus

Guanlong

Ornithomimus

Ouranosaurus

Protoceratops

Tsintaosaurus

postsaurischian

Blackdanter

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 02, 2012, 05:12:35 PM
Quote from: Blackdanter on October 02, 2012, 03:10:31 PM
Guanlong

:o :'(

Any idea how I could get this one?

There were 2 available on Amazon.it here when I bought mine:

http://www.amazon.it/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_it_IT=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jurassic+hunters&x=0&y=0#

It's not listed now and wasn't when I went back to get the hyperlink for you after seeing your first request for it. There were a few figures on Amazon US but no postage to Europe. If I see it any place else I'll PM you a link. At the moment these do seem to have very limited availability which is a shame as a handful are really nice figures.

My Italian is crap (I really struggle with that language) so it was a relief not to have to go into any dialogue with the seller but you could try asking them I guess. Maybe one of our Italian members could help you out  ;)

Mauro "Raptor86"

If someone has troubles with Italian language, please fell free to ask!

brontodocus

Yay, congrats, John! :) Looking better than on the catalogue pictures, actually. Although I'll probably not hunt for all of them I want at least the Guanlong and Caudipteryx! 8) Thinking of it, the Protoceratops is quite nice, too.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Jetoar

Congratulations again for your new acquisitions. I think that the figures are cool in general but  the Giganotosaurus are very strange but the Caudipteryx and Guanlong are cool........... Guanlong are very cool, I want it  ^-^!
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Ichthyosaur

Congrats Blackdanter! Love the Guanlong.  Wish they'd get that one in stock on Amazon.US.  I received the Jurassic Action junior T-Rex today....

"The Age of Reptiles" Rudolph Franz Zallinger 1947

Bokisaurus

Very nice collection, I like them a lot... something different with some unique species for a change.
I wish the US Amazon would stock some of the cool ones like Guanlong, Amaraga, Ourano, etc.
I just ordered some, can't wait to see them in person. ^-^

Jetoar

Oh interesting figures. I would like to see jurassic action figures in my hands  ^-^.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: