You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Geoworld Jurassic Hunters and Jurassic Action

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", June 12, 2012, 04:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trexroarr

I found two very interesting links. The first is of the new Geoworld catalogue (which includes all of the Jurassic Hunters Series 2 figures), and the second is of all of the Jurassic Hunters Series 2 fact files. The fact files are in Italian though.

http://www.youblisher.com/p/379739-Eduproducts-by-Geoworld/

http://www.youblisher.com/p/450837-Jurassic-Hunters-2nd-EXpedition-data-cards/

Has anyone been able to find the Jurassic Hunters line in English, in America yet?

I found a few figures on Amazon and the Brachiosaurus on Barnes and Noble's website (randomly). No word on wether or not the fact files are in English.

I really, really want to get these. The figures aren't perfect, but I really love the concept of being able to collect and put together your very own Dinosaur encyclopedia. Please help!

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

Mauro "Raptor86"

Some of them are very bad and inaccurate...but others are very good and with daring choices. That Psittacosaurus is great!

Jetoar

I think the same. From my point of view Concavenator, feathered dinosaurs (Troodon, Guanlong), and dromaeosaurids are cool  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Brontozaurus

Some interesting artistic choices in there. The Australovenator and Concavenator are really close to their original reconstructions, while the Agustinia and Jobaria take a lot of their colouration from CollectA's renditions.

Also it's a bit odd how inconsistent it is with feathers. Some are well done, others are just naked (Utahraptor, wtf).
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Mauro "Raptor86"

Jetoar

Thanks for share this shop friend. I am thinking that the coolest figures of this company are raptors and other theropods as Guanlong  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Mauro "Raptor86"

postsaurischian

:D Thanks so much, Mauro "Raptor86"!
I just ordered the Guanlong. My Italian is very bad, but I hope I got it right. Let's wait and see :).

Thundercharge

I got the Guanlong today and it's a fantastic figure! Love the size.

Definitely looking into getting more of these, have my eye on the Protoceratops next. Some of those from the 2nd Expedition look amazing as well; Ornitholestes, Troodon, and Zuniceratops are a few that really catch my eye.

They're not all very accurate, but there are some gems for sure. And it's such a colorful line too.  :))

Click sig for my collection! :)

SBell

Just got my first JH figure--an Ornithomimus. I wasn't really sure what to expect (other than from what I'd seen and heard here). They are quite large, but the manufacture is quite good--no obvious seams, for example.

And while it isn't obvious, the ornithomimid is actually 'feathered' over its body. The info booklet for the series is also telling--the S1 figures are all pictured, and they do seem all over the place in terms of how they're made. But several of them are nice.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on February 05, 2013, 05:55:45 PM
Just got my first JH figure--an Ornithomimus. I wasn't really sure what to expect (other than from what I'd seen and heard here). They are quite large, but the manufacture is quite good--no obvious seams, for example.

And while it isn't obvious, the ornithomimid is actually 'feathered' over its body. The info booklet for the series is also telling--the S1 figures are all pictured, and they do seem all over the place in terms of how they're made. But several of them are nice.

This is the first one that caught my eye. I hope to get it eventually and perhaps the Guanlong as well.   

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 05, 2013, 10:50:26 PM

This is the first one that caught my eye. I hope to get it eventually and perhaps the Guanlong as well.

It's pretty good--funny thing, it looks a lot like the Invicta Troodon. Except the Troodon shouldn't look like that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on February 05, 2013, 11:05:38 PM

It's pretty good--funny thing, it looks a lot like the Invicta Troodon. Except the Troodon shouldn't look like that.

lol true enough !

I think I did notice the hands were incorrect..but that's easily fixable.  How big is it ?

sauroid

i hope this brand improves in time. it has a lot of potential and also reminds me of CollectA when it was just starting.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 06, 2013, 12:28:38 AM

lol true enough !

I think I did notice the hands were incorrect..but that's easily fixable.  How big is it ?

I forgot to look at the hands...but the figure is 6" long, 4 1/2" tall (3" at the hip) not counting the 1/4" base.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on February 06, 2013, 05:19:27 AM

lol true enough !

I forgot to look at the hands...but the figure is 6" long, 4 1/2" tall (3" at the hip) not counting the 1/4" base.

Cool. Not a bad size at all. :)

John

It would seem that once again a particular favorite of mine,Ceratosaurus will turn up again,this time in this line up,which until I happened to see them listed on the eBay shop Dino Planet,I had never even heard of.If I had my way,every line,everywhere would have one. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 06, 2013, 06:04:21 AM
Quote from: SBell on February 06, 2013, 05:19:27 AM

lol true enough !

Cool. Not a bad size at all. :)

Yeah, apparently they are all quite large, compared to CollectA or Safari.

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

The Return Of The Mammoth's

Spino-rex13

This is a nice collection though the only one I'm really interested in is the Protoceratops.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: