News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

KeU's Dinosaurs

Started by KeU, December 29, 2016, 04:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Nice PNSO assortment. I like the books as backdrop, but kind of a shame you have to move the dinos to get at them!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Your PNSO collection looks lovely. I wish most of them were smaller though lol.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

KeU

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 08, 2021, 09:18:25 PM
Nice PNSO assortment. I like the books as backdrop, but kind of a shame you have to move the dinos to get at them!
Yep, you predicted the issue I faced once I have that setup.
I have the books removed from the shelf.
Too much of a hassle to get to them.

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 08, 2021, 11:51:57 PM
Your PNSO collection looks lovely. I wish most of them were smaller though lol.
Thanks.
They will need to be smaller to be true 1/35.
And it would be nice to have them smaller to save space.
Especially when there are more reveals coming up.

KeU

Box Day! Finally adding Nanmu into my collection.
I will say I am impressed with Nanmu, especially the teeth.
Sculpting is really good too and lots of details everywhere.
Noticed that they went a slightly different direction with the Tyrannosaurus with the seams.
The legs are casted as a whole piece as opposed to be split at the knees.
Given the amount of complaining they got about seams on the Tyrannosaurus, looks like they are going back to knee seams with the Giganotosaurus.

Everything is nice painted, plenty of details and those teeth!
Comparing to the stills of Fallen Kingdom, seems like the head sculpt is really close, just that it is even more shrink wrapped.
Body in general feels more slender compared to the movie version.
A little surprising since I thought they had the actual 3D model from the movie.

Lovely Spinosaurus. And it is hefty too.

Apart from the head and eyes, the arms are my favorite part of the figure.
It sculpted and casted really well. Nice and crisp.

Really like the pose of the Tyrannosaurus.
With the right foot starting to lift off, gives the figure a good dynamic feel.
Nanmu really nailed the balance too, at least on my copy.

If only we got a larger DC2 Giganotosaurus from W-Dragon....

Movie monster lineup for now.
Annoyingly, Nanmu is now teasing a bull Tyrannosaurus.
Should I be getting the brown Alpha and this 'possible' bull??
Decisions decisions.

KeU

Just realized I did not take any photos of the human figures. They do scale nicely with the PNSO figures I have.
Definitely not in scale with the Nanmu dinosaurs.
Will try to take some shots of them on a later date.

Bread

Wonderful haul! And yes I have to agree that it is annoying to have Nanmu reveal a bull rex after already releasing a green variant of the rex. Another company that is going to make us collectors broke.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your latest acquisitions. Honestly, those figures that you show fall into the range of collecting. They are not toy figures even if they are not made of resin. They are at the same height as the polyresin figures. They are obviously superior figures.

Duna

Congrats, your collection is top. Those are masterpieces in detail, color and sculpt. Nanmu cares very much for detail, specially the teeth.

KeU

Quote from: Bread on January 18, 2021, 05:09:24 PM
Wonderful haul! And yes I have to agree that it is annoying to have Nanmu reveal a bull rex after already releasing a green variant of the rex. Another company that is going to make us collectors broke.
Yes, very broke indeed.
The combination of Nanmu and PNSO can topple most wallets.
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 18, 2021, 09:41:28 PM
My congratulations on your latest acquisitions. Honestly, those figures that you show fall into the range of collecting. They are not toy figures even if they are not made of resin. They are at the same height as the polyresin figures. They are obviously superior figures.
Thank you Shoni.
I am not to the point of collecting resins.
Simply out of my price range.
And their fragile nature will just make me paranoid.
Quote from: Duna on January 19, 2021, 06:18:53 PM
Congrats, your collection is top. Those are masterpieces in detail, color and sculpt. Nanmu cares very much for detail, specially the teeth.
Thank you!
Makes it hard to limit new Nanmu figure purchases.
They are so well done.

KeU

Finally!!
After 2 whole months of waiting, I finally received A-Qi and Rosana.
Instead of being my last 2020 figures, they are now in the class of 2021.

Can't help noticing, PNSO figures sometimes seem to have oversized heads in photos.
They do not feel that way in real life though.

Close up of the head sculpt.
The figure came in with a really glossy head.
I threw a layer of flat coat on it to make it more compatible with the rest of the body.
And of course added extra gloss to the eyes and nostrils.
Again love the attention to detail, especially the accurate nostril placement.
Here's some comparison to the other PNSO Ceratopsians.

Not something to mess with... too many horns and frills.

Meeting up with QiChuan for a lovely stroll.

Not a typical comparison, but both are spiny and have long necks.

The herbivore shelf is getting crowded.

SidB

They sure display nicely together. I know how excited I've been as mine have slowly arrived, one by one. Enjoy your future acquisitions.

Shonisaurus

avatar_KeU @KeU My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Without a doubt, that Sinoceratops is by far the best of its kind even surpassing its Favorite line counterpart.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Lovely acquisitions, 2 of the nicest figures
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

KeU

Quote from: SidB on February 04, 2021, 04:12:58 AM
They sure display nicely together. I know how excited I've been as mine have slowly arrived, one by one. Enjoy your future acquisitions.
They do. It is always great when all the figures look like they exist in the same world.
It is definitely a challenge waiting for the figures to arrive.
Always a call for celebration when they get delivered.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 04, 2021, 07:52:18 AM
My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Without a doubt, that Sinoceratops is by far the best of its kind even surpassing its Favorite line counterpart.
Thank you Shoni.
I had to look it up, did not realize that Favorite did a Sinoceratops.
I assumed it was just PNSO, Nanmu, and Mattel.

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 04, 2021, 01:10:20 PM
Lovely acquisitions, 2 of the nicest figures
Thank you. Mighty pleased with them.
PNSO continues to raise the bar.
I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us.

Bread

Lovely new additions! Although it did take 2 months to arrive, I am glad you received your acquisitions.

Did you by chance add any wash or modifications to the paint of the Miragaia? Yours seems to be less glossier than other's, well at least in photos.

KeU

Quote from: Bread on February 04, 2021, 02:50:20 PM
Lovely new additions! Although it did take 2 months to arrive, I am glad you received your acquisitions.
Did you by chance add any wash or modifications to the paint of the Miragaia? Yours seems to be less glossier than other's, well at least in photos.
Thank you thank you.
I added a very slight black wash on the plates.
And a couple of touch ups at the hip area due to paint rub in the packaging.
No flat coats needed on Rosana.

KeU

Went out today to pick up a couple of twigs.
The recent spat of folks talking about tumbling Lambeosaurus and Corythosaurus got me really worried even though my copies are still standing fine.
There is even the same conversation on FB about this.
Anyways, after some trimming and a layer of flat coat, Audrey and Caroline now have walking sticks.

Halichoeres

They look like they're scratching itches on stumps  :))
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

KeU

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 11, 2021, 10:24:18 PM
They look like they're scratching itches on stumps  :))
Hahaha.
I never looked at it that way.
Perfect underbelly scratchers.

KeU

Honk honk!
New arrival Parasaurolophus Wyatt is here.

Very happy with the model.
Pity on the slender neck reconstruction, but everything else on the model is fantastic.
Even the paint which was a weak point of PNSO.
Wyatt definitely cannot see what is in front of him.

Skin detail, which is somehow more crisp than Caroline.
Nice sculpting on the vertebrae injury as well. With the skin folds.

Another notable improvement from the previous Hadrosaur figures are the sculpt of the limbs, hands, and feet.
They are better shaped and more defined.
I like the fact that the length of Wyatt's arms are noticeable shorter than Caroline or Audrey.
That is accurate to Parasaurolophus.

Wyatt is pretty much the same size as Caroline.
Total length coming in at 31cm measured along the curves of the back.
That makes Wyatt about 1/30.6 scale, assuming a 9.5m individual.

All 3 Hadrosaurs together.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: