News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acro-man

I can buy Wilson from Taobao for you guys  ;)
I really love him. Gotta make my humble contribution to earn more attention for him.

Taobao price: USD 45 plus shipping (estimate USD 45, this box weighs like a hefty 3kg rock)
And I will charge USD 10 commission fee for each one.
PAYPAL ACCEPTED NOW.

Please understand that the 15 bucks commission fee is not-for-profit.
It is for money exchange losses, Paypal withdrawal surcharges, my time, on and on.

Ceratopsian and I did trade before when I didn't have a Paypal account (like most Chinese people do), and it was a tough experience.
We managed to make international transfers between bank accounts after many unsuccessful attempts in the end.
My jaw dropped when I heard about the bank surcharges imposed on Ceratopsian (hope you have fully recovered from the shock now!)
It was then when I considered about opening a Paypal account and save unreasonable cost for foreign buyers.
And now Paypal works for me.

Welcome PM :)

ps: The Taobao clerk don't even know they have an English version booklet until I told them, not to mention the new paint of old T-rex.
Last time they said English booklets will arrive in store on Feb 19, but who knows. Will see in time.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Blade-of-the-Moon

I highly recommend Acro-Man to help with purchases, especially now he has a paypal account.. ;) 

ceratopsian

I have indeed recovered from those bank charges - I love my PNSO models very much!  I too can highly recommend Acro-Man.  He was very helpful and patient as I struggled to sort out how to get money to him without him ending up out of pocket for all the bank deductions.  If PNSO release anything else I want, I'll be taking my custom to Acro-Man and his Paypal account.

acro-man

Thank you guys to back me up.  ^-^ Really nice of you.

What makes me sad is I probably couldn't save any more cost this time even if I want to.
On one hand, PNSO made a great model and the price for a sole model is decent.
On the other hand, the extravagant extra parts end up too big and too heavy, which could easily save half the cost if reduced.

Oh yes, I also can buy old large hollow models and minis.
Prices are -

Chungkingosaurus $32
Triceratops $29
Basilosaurus $29
Megalodon $29
Huanghetitan $32
old T-rex $22
Shantungosaurus $15
Mandschurosaurus $15
Euhelopus $15
Lufengosaurus $15
minis $2

Commission fee is $4 for each, and capped at $40.
No commissions for minis. ;)
喜欢收集和P图

Dobber

Got my Wilson today! What a beautiful figure...absolutely perfect. Not counting my SS T-Rex statue which is in a class its own IMO.....this is by far the best scaley Tyrannosaurus Rex available. Also, you all weren't kidding...the book is gorgeous. I really like it too. I'm very glad I took the plunge and get this piece.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

sauroid

Quote from: acro-man on February 17, 2017, 07:27:29 PM

What makes me sad is I probably couldn't save any more cost this time even if I want to.
On the other hand, the extravagant extra parts end up too big and too heavy, which could easily save half the cost if reduced.

Prices are -

Chungkingosaurus $32
Triceratops $29
Basilosaurus $29
Megalodon $29
Huanghetitan $32
old T-rex $22
Shantungosaurus $15
Mandschurosaurus $15
Euhelopus $15
Lufengosaurus $15
minis $2

how much would the shipping for the minis cost? lets say ten to fifteen pcs? thanks.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Reptilia

Quote from: acro-man on February 17, 2017, 02:17:58 PM
Taobao price: USD 45 plus shipping (estimate USD 45, this box weighs like a hefty 3kg rock)

Wow, 90 USD for that figure?!? And people, myself included, complained about Rebor being pricey...

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on February 18, 2017, 01:12:44 AM

Wow, 90 USD for that figure?!? And people, myself included, complained about Rebor being pricey...

If the tyrannosaurus dubbed "Wilson" is plastic like Papo, Collecta, Mojo, Favorite or Safari solid and flexible I certainly buy it. I might buy it if they get it on dansdinosaurs. Com on the other hand the other dinosaurs and prehistoric animals like basilosaurus, megalodon, chungkingosaurus or tyrannosaurus among others are precious but by their size and for being hollow I prefer not to buy them.

I truly like dinosaur toys made of solid plastic, flexible non-breaking and long-lasting to beautiful and outstanding dinosaurs like PNSO I hope they make more of solid plastic like the mini dinosaurs of the same brand. Thanks to Halichoeres of whom I am eternally grateful I bought the medusaceratops, archeopteryx and kentrosaurus and I know little. They are beautiful miniatures and also take up little space

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: acro-man on February 17, 2017, 07:27:29 PM

Prices are -

Chungkingosaurus $32
Triceratops $29
Basilosaurus $29
Megalodon $29
Huanghetitan $32
old T-rex $22
Shantungosaurus $15
Mandschurosaurus $15
Euhelopus $15
Lufengosaurus $15
minis $2

Nice. I might pickup the Trike and the Lufengosaurus later..trying to see if they release anything else soon.

acro-man

Quote from: sauroid on February 18, 2017, 12:11:57 AM
how much would the shipping for the minis cost? lets say ten to fifteen pcs? thanks.

Would be $20 at most if you throw away the original casing to reduce size.
Still not cheap
喜欢收集和P图

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Reptilia on February 18, 2017, 01:12:44 AM

...sorry but 90 USD is a great price.. On Amazon UK it was 136 USD shipped (110£)..

ceratopsian

Quote from: Dobber on February 17, 2017, 11:07:29 PM
Got my Wilson today! What a beautiful figure...absolutely perfect. Not counting my SS T-Rex statue which is in a class its own IMO.....this is by far the best scaley Tyrannosaurus Rex available. Also, you all weren't kidding...the book is gorgeous. I really like it too. I'm very glad I took the plunge and get this piece.

Chris
I'm glad you like him and the book so much - I'd have felt a bit guilty if people hadn't been happy with their purchase after I'd praised him to the skies.

spinosaurus1

QuoteWow, 90 USD for that figure?!? And people, myself included, complained about Rebor being pricey...

that sounds like a good bargin for the figure. this isn't just some average toy of the likes of papo, or rebor. the detail is easily far superior to rebors along with better pint apps and an immensely immersive and well detailed base. theres also the fact that you also get so many things extra along with this purchase such as post cards, an incredible high quality tyrannosaurus anatomy booklet, even sketches of a tyrannsaurus pair taking down a young sauropod.

i spent $111 on this thing and i feel completely satisfied with the purchase. as of now, the only thing that actually surpass it in detail are the sideshow statues.

ceratopsian

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on February 18, 2017, 09:52:28 AM

that sounds like a good bargin for the figure. this isn't just some average toy of the likes of papo, or rebor. the detail is easily far superior to rebors along with better pint apps and an immensely immersive and well detailed base. theres also the fact that you also get so many things extra along with this purchase such as post cards, an incredible high quality tyrannosaurus anatomy booklet, even sketches of a tyrannsaurus pair taking down a young sauropod.

i spent $111 on this thing and i feel completely satisfied with the purchase. as of now, the only thing that actually surpass it in detail are the sideshow statues.

Well put.  It's excellent value at $90 shipped.  It's not a toy but a high-quality model (plus book etc).

acro-man

PNSO 1:35 Triceratops coming in May, 2017

The exhibition 1:1 sculpture:

The original one:

The real model:

喜欢收集和P图

tanystropheus

These are all beautiful models. Is the jaw articulated on the real model or are we looking at the original model in that last set of pics?

I am under the impression that the 1/35 models are meant to be more gnarly (and, therefore more marketable?). It's a bit counterintuitive in that the deluxe line is not as pricey (but, therefore not as gnarly?).

How much is the 1:1 Triceratops?

acro-man

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 04, 2017, 09:57:30 AM
These are all beautiful models. Is the jaw articulated on the real model or are we looking at the original model in that last set of pics?

I am under the impression that the 1/35 models are meant to be more gnarly (and, therefore more marketable?). It's a bit counterintuitive in that the deluxe line is not as pricey (but, therefore not as gnarly?).

How much is the 1:1 Triceratops?

Articulated jaw: YES (which I'd prefer a articulated neck instead)

The real model: is what we are getting in hands - the mass produced factory goods

Deluxe?: not sure but highly possible

1:1 Triceratops: contact PNSO for more details  ;D
喜欢收集和P图

sauroid

im not a fan of the raccoon eyes but the new Triceratops is beautiful.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ceratopsian

Unexpected good news! I'm so glad PNSO has something new announced.  I can see why a Triceratops is appealing because it's so familiar to the general public and also because it is so associated with T. rex - but I wish they'd done something different, as I already have their earlier hollow Triceratops.  However, I don't suppose that will stop me from buying the new model.  I'm a sucker for ceratopsians!  And I like PNSO's models.  I don't have anything with that sort of reticulation pattern, so that's good!

BlueKrono

The raccoon mask is a little weird, and those eyes are straight demonic! But that jaw articulation is some of the best I've ever seen. Figures have come a long way.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: