News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 04, 2017, 01:52:39 PM
The raccoon mask is a little weird, and those eyes are straight demonic! But that jaw articulation is some of the best I've ever seen. Figures have come a long way.

I'll put the furious eyes down to him being an angry male in rut!  I guess it's supposed to make a pair with "Wilson" and to indicate confrontation.  I generally don't like jaw articulations because they look too obvious.  But PNSO is certainly making great strides in making them unobtrusive.

Flaffy

The racoon mask again? Not a big fan of it. Makes things look unnecessarily gnarly, especially for a herbivore.
As far as I can tell, the real product doesn't capture the delicate colours of the original sculpt.

MLMjp

I like what I see but I must say, there are a few things I do not like about this. Firts off the articulated jaw, although it is good that they have incorporated this feature on a figure that is not a theropod, it results into a cheekless ceratopsian, and for me ceratopsian without cheeks look really unnatural. Second, the head and specifically, the frill, colors look fantastic in the prototype but the paint on the production piece is not very good. I guess I could say that the little quills/spines bug me a little bit, but I can live with them.

Apart from my complaints I think the figure is fantastic, the sculpt is fenomenal and I like the colors and paterns on the body (But not the ones of the head).

And there goes another stunning PNSO figure that I will never buy. :'( :'( :'(

Patrx

Rats. I really want to like this line, but those eyes are just unpleasant. It seems you are correct in saying that they are going for a more "gnarly" look, Tanystropheus, which is a shame, as that territory is already pretty well covered by other companies. I suppose a minor repaint could improve this Trike's eyes, however. The jaw articulation looks pretty good, and I'm usually the first to lament such features.

suspsy

It looks like it's been possessed by a demon.  >:D
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks nice, but I really want more vinyl pieces...or some other unique species. 

Silvanusaurus

This is all fine and dandy, but I too would prefer to see more of the larger vinyl pieces instead, i hope they arent moving away from them into more 'generic' territory (I'm not saying the figures are generic in themselves, but the species, size etc.)

Shonisaurus

I like triceratops although as the members of the forum know I am contrary to articulated jaws and more in a ceratopsid. In a theropod it is more understandable because its skulls are usually wider and therefore its jaws but in a herbivore does not strike.

Anyway it is well made the figure although its coloration in the environment of the eyes is for my shocking sincerely. It looks like a triceratops with female mascara.

empire3569

I like both "Wilson" the T-rex and this new Triceratops sculpting, but for the price I wish the paint apps would be a little better... Wilson was far more bland than the prototype and it appears this Triceratops will be a bit off the mark too. If they were cheaper I would just have them repainted, but with shipping it is already pricey enough

Simon

Oh my my my goodness.  A thing of beauty.  A little darker coilors than I'd prefer, but oh my - I'm on it the second it pops up online for sale. "Wilson" has been a bit lonely lately!

Dobber

Definately like this one too, but I agree that the difference between the original and production is a bit jarring and kind of a let down if his is going to be in the same price range as Wilson which, unlike empire3569, I felt looked great on the actual figure.  :(

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

empire3569

Quote from: Dobber on April 04, 2017, 09:07:27 PM
Definately like this one too, but I agree that the difference between the original and production is a bit jarring and kind of a let down if his is going to be in the same price range as Wilson which, unlike empire3569, I felt looked great on the actual figure.  :(

Chris

I actually don't mind the paint app on the production model of Wilson, I just felt like the prototype was a lot better.

spinosaurus1

the prototype being better then the production model should be expected. it's always the case with the vast majority of mass produced figures and should be expected. i honestly don't mind the coloration on the production model despite being vastly sub par in comparison to the prototype. i always was a sucker for subtle color transitions.

looks like i have to fish out a few dollars to give my Wilson a worthy foe.

Roselaar

That's a lovely new Triceratops! I'm a bit put off by the crazed look in his eyes, but the poseable jaw (not often seen on Ceratopsian models) alone won me over.

Takama

I actully like this model. However. does this mean the Amargasaurus is NOT COMEING?

spinosaurus1

it's not confirmed. i'm crossing every appendage that it long with the yangchuanosaurus will be released t some future date.

ZoPteryx

It's a nice sculpt, but the green and reddish color scheme combined with demon eyes reminds me of a zombie!  :o

Halichoeres

I like PNSO best when they're making Asian species that are rarely or never made otherwise. But I suppose they're calculating that the old North American standards are a better way to establish a market presence. I'll probably pass on this trike, but I hope they keep all three figure formats coming.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dobber

Where are these pictures and info coming from? Their FaceBook page hasn't been update for a while now.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Simon

While we are on the subject of PNSO Triceratops models, my large 16" 1/24 scale PNSO Triceratops has also been getting lonely....so I just ordered TRex "Wilson"'s larger cousin, TRex "Griffon" to keep him company ... will post some comparison pics once he arrives (and I re-orientate his pronated hands) ...

;) ;) ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: