News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Simon on April 06, 2017, 01:08:44 AM
While we are on the subject of PNSO Triceratops models, my large 16" 1/24 scale PNSO Triceratops has also been getting lonely....so I just ordered TRex "Wilson"'s larger cousin, TRex "Griffon" to keep him company ... will post some comparison pics once he arrives (and I re-orientate his pronated hands) ...

;) ;) ;)

I always though I was the only one on DTF who likes "Griffon".
I'm glad to see another one buying it.  :)
It's a solid figure.  8)

Silvanusaurus

I've got Griffon too, he's a lovely old chap.

Simon

I got him in 2012 (the first time) - then sold him in 2014 when I liquidated 90% of my collection.  Didn't even know it was still available - but with the new PNSO companion Trike for "Wilson", it dawned on me that the "Griffon" TRex would make a good counterpart for the larger PNSO TRex.  On the negative side, Griffon's gorgeous head is too big for its body, its tail is too short, arms are too big (and hands pronated) but I can fix the hands pretty easily.

Its just that its so similar in style and coloration to "Wilson" that it was a "no brainer".   

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wasn't GRIFFON the company with that awesome Velociraptor statue that was never produced? 

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2017, 06:50:38 PM
Wasn't GRIFFON the company with that awesome Velociraptor statue that was never produced?

..Velociraptor, Carnotaurus, Anomalocaris, Diplocaulus and Dicranurus....  :'(

Halichoeres

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 06, 2017, 07:17:44 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2017, 06:50:38 PM

..Velociraptor, Carnotaurus, Diplocaulus and Dicranurus....  :'(

That would have been so cool...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

BlueKrono

That Anomalocaris is absolutely drool-worthy. And I'd be all over that Diplocaulus as well.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

These have been in PT for years.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 06, 2017, 08:16:48 PM
These have been in PT for years.
yes. since 2011/12 even. i dont know these days tho.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

That's almost as sad as the K&M Sea Monsters line that never was.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

They haven't shown up in PT at least a year or more now.  The site is still there http://www.master-fossil.jp/english/ but no new activity since 2011.  I remember signing up for the newsletter but never getting one. 

Simon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 07, 2017, 05:38:32 AM
They haven't shown up in PT at least a year or more now.  The site is still there http://www.master-fossil.jp/english/ but no new activity since 2011.  I remember signing up for the newsletter but never getting one.

They never issued anything after the Griffon Master Fossil TRex.  Hence my surprise to find last week that it was still available from quite a few Amazon sellers, at quite reasonable prices.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Simon on April 07, 2017, 06:47:45 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 07, 2017, 05:38:32 AM

They never issued anything after the Griffon Master Fossil TRex.  Hence my surprise to find last week that it was still available from quite a few Amazon sellers, at quite reasonable prices.

It seems that I unleashed a sort of tornado about Griffon's old advertisement, with a DTF member asking to his japan source about a new line of Dino-Figures etc... sorry about that..
The Griffon advertisement is taken from Prehistoric Magazine 2012.
Griffon/Master Fossil never produced those figures (only prototypes, I had a picture of them but actually I can't find it..).
There are only 2 figures available from Griffon: The Tyrannosaurus and the Velociraptor Skeleton.
Dinosaurtime from UK had them (Velociraptor Skeleton sold out and discontinued but you can find it on Ebay)
Other figures never saw the light of day.. :'(

RobinGoodfellow

------
( Griffon prototypes pictures founded; if interested, here they are: https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157679055990043   )
^-^
------

Shonisaurus

The figures indicate that they look very good, the carnotaurus in its pose reminds me of the tyrannosaurus rex of Rebor. On the other hand the diplocaulus and anomalocaris look fabulous.

But are they available or are they going to be available or is it a ghost mail? Let's see if we can figure it out. I like all these figures and they are of considerable size. On the other hand, what does PNSO have to do with this brand? Any branch? I'm making a mess.

Albertosaurus

This is the PNSO thread....right?

Simon

Quote from: Albertosaurus on April 07, 2017, 04:33:32 PM
This is the PNSO thread....right?

Yes it is.  And TRex "Griffon" will be a capable "stand-in" as PNSO large Triceratops' "dancing parner" until PNSO releases a 1/24 version of TRex "Wilson", wouldn't you agree?   ;D ;D ;D

Dino8me1

Today I have just found some big news about upcoming PNSO dinosaur figurines from its sculptor to share with you all.
All of them will be released in form of miniature-sized and  big-sized models (Mamenchisaurus is about the same size as the previous Huanghetitan).
Now I am not sure about the material they are made of but would be great if they are all flexible material like soft vinyl.

The official names of these dinosaurs are not yet announced but I think you can guess their names from their unique physical features.

sauroid

whoah thanks for sharing these images!:o
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: