News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanusaurus

Excitement rising... financial future sinking...

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I knew they were going to make a Spinosaurus! I saw one on the pictures of the Yangchuanosaurus on their shelf. 8)

suspsy

That very shark-like mosasaur is impressive.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Reptilia

I assume that they will be solid PVC figures like "Wilson", so PNSO finally decided to release a proper line. The Spinosaurus is nice with that speculative reconstruction of the tail, but is shrink-wrapped as hell. The Mamenchisaurus is shrink-wrapped too, like all their previous sauropods, the Gigantoraptor has Schleich's kind of feathering, so it's wrong, and the Triceratops looks awkward without cheeks. On the positive side we have the first theropod (Yangchuanosaurus maybe?), Amargasaurus, Microraptor and the marine creature at the bottom.

For what we can see from all those "leaked" images their theropods look as awesomebro as Rebor stuff, but I haven't heard yet anybody complain for that, or ridicule PNSO for that. Kinda weird.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: Reptilia on April 20, 2017, 01:44:56 PM
I assume that they will be solid PVC figures like "Wilson", so PNSO finally decided to release a proper line. The Spinosaurus is nice with that speculative reconstruction of the tail, but is shrink-wrapped as hell. The Mamenchisaurus is shrink-wrapped too, like all their previous sauropods, the Gigantoraptor has Schleich's kind of feathering, so it's wrong, and the Triceratops looks awkward without cheeks. On the positive side we have the first theropod (Yangchuanosaurus maybe?), Amargasaurus, Microraptor and the marine creature at the bottom.

For what we can see from all those "leaked" images their theropods look as awesomebro as Rebor stuff, but I haven't heard yet anybody complain for that, or ridicule PNSO for that. Kinda weird.
Shrink-wrapping doesn't really bother me too much. It's probably just something I'm used too(I'm also extremely thin).

stargatedalek

Looks like I can't put off my giant PNSO order much much longer, so much fluff...

Do some of them come with miniature versions of themselves?

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on April 20, 2017, 01:44:56 PM

Probably because PNSO's dont look like cartoon characters.  >:D These are definitely towards the high end of the spiky, gnarly, frightening spectrum, but the designs are much better proportioned, and have far superior detailing and dynamism in the sculpts than Rebor's offerings, resulting in figures which may well be described as 'awesomebro', and may be stylised to a comparable extent, but which strike me as far more aesthetically interesting and mature. If PNSO could get wider distribution and lower pricing, they'd basically be a hugely superior version of Rebor.

Patrx

It helps, I think, that they didn't open their line with a bald Yutyrannus. I feel that really set the stage for the current reputation of REBOR's pieces.

Back to the topic at hand, though! That mosasaur is absolutely fascinating. It, the Sinosauropteryx, and the Huayangosaurus are almost definitely going to be making a dent in my wallet in the future.

suspsy

Quote from: Patrx on April 20, 2017, 03:21:51 PM
It helps, I think, that they didn't open their line with a bald Yutyrannus. I feel that really set the stage for the current reputation of REBOR's pieces.

Amen to that!

PumperKrickel

deleted

suspsy

These all look like large toys to my eyes. I'm more curious to see what the new miniatures are.

BlueKrono

Never seen a mosasaur with a dorsal fin before. They trading anatomy with Shonisaurus?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

danmalcolm

Are these released already? Or will they be in the near future?

ceratopsian

Plenty to look forward to then!  I'm glad to see they have new items lined up.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: suspsy on April 20, 2017, 03:40:43 PM
These all look like large toys to my eyes. I'm more curious to see what the new miniatures are.

The last theropod looks like a miniature to me, and it's on one  of the other pics with a larger one on a different posture so maybe it's one of the minis? It looks very detailed, maybe it's not so mini but small?

Shonisaurus

I prefer the material to be PVC than vinyl. I would prefer that these exceptional and beautiful figures were solid and resistant PVC like Papo, Schleich, Safari, Collecta, Favorite to give some examples.

In all ways their figures are all exceptional of good regardless of the type of material.

stargatedalek

Quote from: suspsy on April 20, 2017, 03:40:43 PM
Some of the smaller pictures next to the large ones are in different poses, I think those are the minis.

Andreioli

Somebody in Europe seriously needs to stock these beauties !
Mike, Miron, ... anybody ?

OK, don't tell me.
Make it a surprise  ::).

Halichoeres

Just when I was thinking 2017 was kind of a weak year for ornithopods and sauropods (only Safari bothered to release any at all--okay, and one from Schleich). I like that the Tsintaosaurus is in repose. And I've been wanting a good Mamenchisaurus for a while now. I'll be almost as happy if it proves to be an Omeisaurus instead.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

empire3569

what's everyone's best guesses on the theropod under the Amargasaurus? It looks like a Carcharodontosaur to me, maybe Giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: