News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

if smaller than papo's Apato i'll pass.   I know we saw a pic of a larger one somewhere...

PumperKrickel

deleted

ceratopsian

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on May 31, 2017, 10:00:14 PM
The leaked catalogue shots on page 24 said the Mamenchi would be 48,5cm long.....

But I don't think the Mamenchi shown on tieba is that shown on in the catalogue where the size is given as 48.5 cm.  Look at the front legs - one has the right foreleg forward, the other has the left leg forward. Not sure what is going on!

PumperKrickel

deleted

Reptilia

Is PNSO supposed to have some basic marketing strategy or they only rely on word-of-mouth?

Bucklander

Quote from: Reptilia on May 31, 2017, 11:30:09 PM
Is PNSO supposed to have some basic marketing strategy or they only rely on word-of-mouth?

I think what we need to remember is that it's an asymmetrical relationship - we (outside of China) care much more about accessing PNSO's products, it seems, than they care about distribution that reaches us. I mean, it's not like China has a tiny population. Heck, the rest of the world combined probably barely equals the market opportunities within China. If I had a product to sell, and I had to choose between marketing to the Chinese (and, say, having a 1% penetration rate) and everywhere else, I know I just wouldn't bother with everywhere else.

It may be a manifestation of Zipf's law - 20/80, i.e. 20% of one's sales come from 80% of one's customers, while 80% of one's sales will always come from 20% of one's customers. If a producer can identify the 80%, they're not likely to bother with the remaining 20%. If that 20% of PNSO's potential customer base is the rest of the world (outside China), we are going to have to go to a lot of trouble to access their stuff.

All I can say, and I've said it before, is "Thank God for Acro Man!"

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on May 31, 2017, 11:21:22 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on May 31, 2017, 11:09:37 PM
The leaked catalogue shots on page 24 said the Mamenchi would be 48,5cm long.....

But I don't think the Mamenchi shown on tieba is that shown on in the catalogue where the size is given as 48.5 cm.  Look at the front legs - one has the right foreleg forward, the other has the left leg forward. Not sure what is going on!

The catalogue has two pictures of the Mamenchi, one with it´s right foreleg forward and one with it´s left foreleg forward. I assume it´s just a mirrored picture as the sculpt looks virtually identical.

There is a second, larger and more upright Mamenchi coming, which is the first one seen in this post:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4503.msg168545#msg168545

now that's more like what i want to see!

ceratopsian

Quote from: Bucklander on June 01, 2017, 01:09:16 AM
I think what we need to remember is that it's an asymmetrical relationship - we (outside of China) care much more about accessing PNSO's products, it seems, than they care about distribution that reaches us. ..........

That is certainly true.  But I get the impression from acro-man that they don't release a lot of information in China either.  He's also commented that distribution of their products in China is patchy.

Quote from: Bucklander on June 01, 2017, 01:09:16 AM
All I can say, and I've said it before, is "Thank God for Acro Man!"
Hear, hear!  Our lives would be poorer without his help.

Sim

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 01, 2017, 05:48:11 AM
Quote from: SuperiorSpider on May 31, 2017, 11:21:22 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on May 31, 2017, 11:09:37 PM

The catalogue has two pictures of the Mamenchi, one with it´s right foreleg forward and one with it´s left foreleg forward. I assume it´s just a mirrored picture as the sculpt looks virtually identical.

There is a second, larger and more upright Mamenchi coming, which is the first one seen in this post:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4503.msg168545#msg168545

now that's more like what i want to see!

Regarding the bolded part, I think that model is actually the limited edition resin Mamenchisaurus model released in 2016: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4982.0

PumperKrickel

deleted

Sim

I haven't seen anything that suggests that Mamenchisaurus sculpt is being released again, including in a different size.  As far as I've seen, the new Mamenchisaurus figures that are known are just the ones shown in the catalog on page 24. The Mamenchisaurus figure shown on Tieba appears to match a sculpt in the catalog that wasn't given measurements.  The Mamenchi figure from the catalog with the 48.5cm measurement has a sculpt that doesn't appear to match, unless it's mirrored.

acro-man

I asked a friend for comparison shots.
photo by 童言无忌

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

ceratopsian

Thank you, acro-man, for posting these new images.  It's a manageable size.  Quite appealing.

Shonisaurus

It is a figure that I will buy without hesitation on eBay. On the other hand in front of the opinion of other members of the forum, I like their realistic and conservative colors for that figure.  ^-^

If they put in commercialization the amargasaurus of PNSO will be another of the figures that I buy since it seems to me one of the best figures of that sauropod existing in the market.  ^-^ I sincerely like PNSO more than other brands whose figures perform them with articulated members in excess of mostly herbivores with articulated jaws. It is one thing to articulate one jaw and another to turn the figure into a mere toy being apparently of collection.

Congratulations to PNSO!  ;)

acro-man

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 03, 2017, 11:21:06 AM
Thank you, acro-man, for posting these new images.  It's a manageable size.  Quite appealing.

You are welcome, Ceratopsian.
You and Bucklander gave me too much credit than I deserve.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Reptilia

This Mamenchisaurus follows the steps of all PNSO previous sauropods, awfully shrink-wrapped. And the head-sculpt is very bad, it reminds me a lot of some old Collecta, can't recall exactly which one.

tanystropheus

It's okay.

The PNSO exclusive Mamenchisaurus is more impressive but way out of my price range. This is a decent consolation prize.

danmalcolm

Quote from: Reptilia on June 03, 2017, 02:58:57 PM
This Mamenchisaurus follows the steps of all PNSO previous sauropods, awfully shrink-wrapped,

Except for the bulky as balls huanghetitan.

danmalcolm

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on February 15, 2017, 08:59:35 PM

i have too many rexs  :(

In the last photo the papo running rex looks like the old scrawny crazy uncle of the family, with a mouth full of crooked teeth.

perfectly fine if not, but worth asking: would you be able to post some more comparisons with safaris giga? I heard they are the same length.

Shonisaurus

The truth that the tyrannosaurus rex of PNSO is enough achieved but in terms of its sustainability without the basis for what members of the forum have commented there are certain doubts.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: