News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 13, 2017, 07:34:55 PM

From my point of view, Amazon could be more expensive but safer if you are in trouble (and that's priceless  O:-) )

This is my gut feeling too.

Halichoeres

I placed an order on taobao, waited two months, never got my order, and requested a refund. On the one hand, I never got the figures and ended up buying them on Amazon. On the other hand, I got my refund within 24 hours of requesting it. As a US buyer, I am frankly okay with paying a markup for the assurance of receiving my merchandise.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dobber

Thanks for the info everyone.  8)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

RobinGoodfellow

First "live" pictures of Wilson by PNSO (on FB):

Shadowknight1

I want it!  But I'm having a hard time justifying a $130 dinosaur toy.  And people say REBOR dinos are expensive... :(
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Halichoeres

I think it's extremely likely that the price will come down before long.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jetdin

it looks really good but the price needs to come down for me to purchase it

ceratopsian

I've more or less come to the same conclusion, that it's really too expensive.  But I'm not sure it will drop - not sure that any of their other models on amazon have dropped after their original release, and that is my buying source.

acro-man

The illustrator/sculptor ZHAO Chuang talked about PNSO's production and sales strategy today in our QQ discussion group.

1. He is against the bundle sale and thinks the price is unacceptable.
He says the price of the booklet is even higher than the model itself. And no matter how good the booklet is, people only care about the model.
Too much effort is spent on the booklets and boxes, which is 'unreasonable'
He proposed inexpensive standard version compared to deluxe version that we have now.

2. He says the mass production quality hasn't met his expectation.
The mass production quality differs from the samples he received earlier from the factory, and is 'hard to control'.
Facial details of the Trex such as eyes and nostrils are unsatisfying.
He is going to double stress the sculpting details and paint scheme of the upcoming models to the factory.

3. More models are on the way.
Mosasaurus, Amargasaurus, Nyctosaurus, Yangchuanosaurus...
Scheduled to be released this year, but no exact date.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

spinosaurus1

suspsy

Nice. Would you be able to provide a size comparison photo with one or all of the T. rex figures from CollectA, Papo, or Safari?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

spinosaurus1

oh, this isn't mine. i found these photos on facebook. should of mentioned that before  :P

BlueKrono

Mosasaurus and Amargasaurus? Woohoo! I mean... damn, my bank account.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Takama

Are these going to be in the Same Scale?    Because Amargasurus would be as big as the Dinosatoreus Desktop model

spinosaurus1

i don't think much is anounced for the Mosasaurus, Amargasaurus, Nyctosaurus, and Yangchuanosaurus. i wouldn't put my money on them being the same scale. as of now PNSO scaling is sort of all over the place. that is unless the tyrannosaurus is now going to be setting a standard for the line.

Flaffy

Mhm, even the sculptor disagrees on the marketing strategies and price...
Excited to see the new releases of this new line!
High hopes for the mosasaurus, I need ma chubby mosasaur.

Takama

From what im seeing, there is more then one Line from this Companey

Minis

Huge Vinyl models

1:35(?) Scale models

and High end Resin models

Reptilia

Now this T-Rex is what I call a movie monster. And I mean quite a bad B-movie.

John

The name Yangchuanosaurus gets my attention... :)
Assuming it ever actually sees the light of day (Pegasis models Liopleurodon for 2013,Battat Gastonia for 2014,ect. comes to mind.)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

ceratopsian

Quote from: acro-man on January 17, 2017, 03:49:28 AM
The illustrator/sculptor ZHAO Chuang talked about PNSO's production and sales strategy today in our QQ discussion group.....

Many thanks for passing this information on, all very interesting.  It's not that I'm uninterested in the booklet exactly - I would be very interested if it were in English (or French, Italian or even German).  However, I think it would be far better to sell the book separately from the model, especially if it is actually dearer than the model itself.  I don't want to be forced to spend more than half of my outlay on a booklet in Chinese.  So Mr Zhao's idea of luxury/standard versions is excellent.  (However, I do like a nicely illustrated box!)

I would be especially thrilled to see an Amargasaurus later in the year.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: