News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Corrupt a wish

Started by Soopairik, January 16, 2017, 08:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravonium

Granted, but he does it in a Cybertruck.

I wish I had all the money currently in circulation worldwide.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ravonium on January 11, 2020, 03:32:14 PM
Granted, but he does it in a Cybertruck.

I wish I had all the money currently in circulation worldwide.

Oh no, not in the Cybertruck. The window might crack and he'd asphyxiate before incinerating.

Anyway, granted, but the concentration of all the currency in one person's hands renders it valueless. The world economy collapses, and reemerges on a barter system using cowrie shells and 90s era POGs. Elder Millennials whose parents had capacious attics are suddenly rich.

I wish I had webbed fingers, but only in the water.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Granted, but you would end up gradually becoming a frog.

I wish to have a more self-critical spirit and be more patient in life.

Silvanusaurus

Granted, you are self-critical to the point of self-hatred, you become an obsessive flagellant and wander homelessly from town to town, whipping yourself and wearing nothing but a hair shirt. You'll only relieve yourself from criticism by living like this for 25 years, but thats not a problem because of your new-found patience.

I wish the charges for gas, electricity and water were all included in the rent of my flat without increasing the total monthly cost.

Halichoeres

Granted, but to offset the loss, your landlord has a plumber adjust the water pressure to a trickle, and your water heater has a volume of 3 liters. Enjoy your showers!

I wish that there were actually people with green, purple, or magenta skin, so that the not-racist-but-definitely-racist people who say "I don't care if you're black, green, or purple!" can put their money where their mouths are.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Ravonium

Granted, but the people with green, purple and magenta skin only get 'discovered' in 1850 in, of all places, Antarctica. Subsequent research fails to record them, and it is found exactly 100 years later that the team who recorded them had simply kidnapped indigenous people from southern Chile and, against their will, painted them these colours. In the present day, this is used in textbooks (and regular books) across the world as the single most famous example of scientific misconduct ever.

I wish there were still ammonites around, so I could find out just how the heteromorph ones lived.

Shonisaurus

Granted, but millions of genetically modified mosasaurus that would eat them and devour millions of bathers around the world would emerge in the seas.

I wish not to pay customs taxes and that gas, water, electricity and Real Estate Taxes do not exist.

Silvanusaurus

Granted but they are replaced by a hair tax, and you have to pay extortionate fees each month for every single hair on your body.

I wish I had just one extra room in my flat.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Granted but that extra room is an open air sewage room.

I wish that thylacines, great auks and steller's sea cows were not extinct.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Granted but they put you in slavery to mentally torture you and eventually degrade your brain to the point you become a goat made out of vegetables.

I wish i did not have stomach issues all the time

Halichoeres

Granted, no foods cause you any distress. Pleased with your newfound gastronomic invincibility, you become an incurable glutton. When your arteries begin to fail at the age of 38, workers have to knock a hole in your wall and remove you with a crane to transport you to the hospital.

I wish that Richard Owen had had access to large azhdarchid fossils, so that his definition of Dinosauria would include pterosaurs and pedants would stop saying "They're not dinosaurs!"

Halichoeres

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 20, 2020, 10:36:32 PM
Granted, no foods cause you any distress. Pleased with your newfound gastronomic invincibility, you become an incurable glutton. When your arteries begin to fail at the age of 38, workers have to knock a hole in your wall and remove you with a crane to transport you to the hospital.

I wish that Richard Owen had had access to large azhdarchid fossils, so that his definition of Dinosauria would include pterosaurs and pedants would stop saying "They're not dinosaurs!"

I guess this wish was too good to corrupt.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 08, 2020, 09:10:07 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on January 20, 2020, 10:36:32 PM

I guess this wish was too good to corrupt.

Lol
How about... wish granted! They are included but they are all reconstructed according to David Peters.

I wish I was able to find the Lost World Battle Damage wound coverings so my childhood dinos could look less like zombies.

Shonisaurus

Granted but the marine reptiles, pterosaurs, and other animals that lived with vintage dinosaurs will continue to be zombie-like. On the other hand, current dinosaurs, due to the economic crisis, decide to save budget and make dinosaurs even uglier than Papo's giganotosaurus and worse than dinosaurs from the 1950s to the 1990s.

I wished for a refreshing drink that would last me for the rest of my life and was always in perfect condition.

Halichoeres

Well, I hate to be macabre, but the setup you've provided is just too tempting. Granted, but the drink lasts the rest of your life in perfect condition because the rest of your life is too short to even see one ice cube melt.

I wish for an in-ear universal translator.

DinoFossil

Granted,but it crashes after 10 seconds
I wish I could go back in time

Shonisaurus

Granted, but you go back in time in the middle of a World War II battle between the Allied Army and the Axis Army when they start shooting with their tanks.

I wished that all my furniture were glass shelves full of dinosaurs except for my armchair.

Halichoeres

Granted, but without a table, you spill food on yourself at every meal. Your wardrobe soon resembles a series of Jackson Pollock paintings, but all in shades of brown and dull red.

i wish I had a home PCR setup so I could positively identify dead insects from a DNA sample.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 31, 2020, 04:03:06 PM
Granted, but without a table, you spill food on yourself at every meal. Your wardrobe soon resembles a series of Jackson Pollock paintings, but all in shades of brown and dull red.

i wish I had a home PCR setup so I could positively identify dead insects from a DNA sample.
Granted but you find nothing

I wish the brithish had not found india, so then the Mughal Empire will be divided by the Maratha Empire and the Khalsa Empire(where i come from) a then they made a golden age of learning and art and were not white washed

Shonisaurus

Granted but the Turkish empire arrives and all the inhabitants of the Mughal Empire are annihilated, both those of the Maratha Empire and the Khalsa Empire where you come from so you would not be present in this DTF.

I wish I had an aquarium with fully domesticated prehistoric fish and earn lots of money with the display.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: