You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What are your favorite Schleich Replica-Saurus Models?

Started by Pachyallosaurus, January 22, 2017, 04:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyallosaurus

Some of my favorites include the Edmontonia, the Corythosaurus, and the Torosaurus.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ItsTwentyBelow

Libraraptor

RobinGoodfellow

:)

Silvanusaurus

Gotta be Baryonyx with his loveable grin. He's such a loveable rogue. But also Desmatosuchus and Shonisaurus are legit.

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

With their imperfections, I liked them and I still like them:

Edmontosaurus, shonisaurus (less imprecise), elasmosaurus, kronosaurus (where it has been inspired by saving Collecta distances that are abyssal with respect to the figure of the same mark of Schleich) desmatosuchus, corythosaurus with its arms in pronation and in posture trípped and Macrauchenia (not a bad prehistoric mammal figure).

The others I do not really like or like very little, and I was a collector in my youth of those figures, but they are very imprecise and very little finished.

Gwangi

Allosaurus (original sculpt), Corythosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Desmatosuchus, Kronosaurus, Iguanodon, Parasaurolophus, Plateosaurus, and Shonisaurus. A long list, I know. I'm also quite fond of most of their old mammals.

Reptilia

Don't own any, cause I came a little late to the party, but I like the following:

TheRaptorSlayer

I'm a bit late as well, but I really like the second Parasaurolophus model (the one released around 2007 if I'm not mistaken). It may be just me being a sucker for the Parasaurolophus in general, but I really like it's colors and the pose is not bad at all as well.

I also really like the Elasmosaurus and the Shonisaurus.
So your world's benign?
So you think justice has a voice
And we all have a choice?
Well now your world is mine...
And I am fine...

CityRaptor

Mine are the Parasaurolophus, Edmontonia and Torosaurus. So three of the four I have.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MLMjp

The two big sauropods, Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus.

Pachyallosaurus

I also like the plateosaurus and the "sauropelta". And the mammals are awesome too.

Roselaar

Shonisaurus, Desmatosuchus and Saltasaurus. With special mention of the Macrauchenia. Back then, Schleich still had balls...

Reptilia

If mammals are to be taken in account I'd definitely add the woolly mammoth to my list. It is in fact my favourite Schleich, too bad that it is retired and that mint copies usually cost a lot on Ebay.

sauroid

mine are (and which i also own):
Parasaurolophus (2007)
Torosaurus
the huge Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus
Macrauchenia
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

..As far as I know, Mammoth, Macrauchenia, Smilodon etc aren't from the ReplicaSaurus Line.
They are from the Prehistoric Mammal Series by Schleich.

http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/schliechReplicasaurus.html

http://dinotoyblog.com/2010/11/01/macrauchenia-prehistoric-mammal-series-by-schleich/

If "ReplicaSaurus" means "old Schleich" then prehistoric mammals are in; but technically they are not ReplicaSaurus....

Am I wrong?  ???

BlueKrono

Makes sense to me. We all know what "-saurus" means.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

RobinGoodfellow

On my online Flickr catalogue, I have an Album for the ReplicaSaurus (without mammals) and an Album with Schleich in general (Dinos, prehistoric, mammals, extants..).

ReplicaSaurus:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157679529868905/with/22891369422/

Schleich:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157652390352249

I'm not sure if Anhanguera is from ReplicaSaurus line or not...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: