News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS

Started by dragon53, January 30, 2017, 04:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

"So you'd want us to make Godzilla our pet?"
"No, we would be his."
;D

New poster:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

dragon53

Analysis of the new trailer says Titans monsters emerge at 0:46 and 0:58 elapsed time.

Patrx

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 07, 2018, 07:36:28 AM
Quote from: Patrx on December 02, 2018, 01:13:06 AM
These designs look great to me! Here's hoping the movie will actually be good. I rarely dislike any film as much as I disliked the last one.
the last one was epic if for no other reason than watching captain marvel....nick fury and Loki interact  with kong

Oh, I meant 2014's Godzilla. Still haven't seen Skull Island for some reason.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on December 11, 2018, 06:08:21 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 07, 2018, 07:36:28 AM
Quote from: Patrx on December 02, 2018, 01:13:06 AM
These designs look great to me! Here's hoping the movie will actually be good. I rarely dislike any film as much as I disliked the last one.
the last one was epic if for no other reason than watching captain marvel....nick fury and Loki interact  with kong

Oh, I meant 2014's Godzilla. Still haven't seen Skull Island for some reason.

Your not alone...I need to rent it I guess, not sure I want to own it yet.  Figured Netflix or Prime would have it by now.

Gwangi

I enjoyed Skull Island far more than I did Godzilla. It wasn't the Skull Island I grew up with and the lack of dinosaurs was a bummer, but they built an interesting world all the same. Better acting, better characters, and more monster action all make Skull Island a superior movie to Godzilla.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think my problem is I grew up with Godzilla more, I only ever watched the orig Kong to see dinosaurs ( still upset he killed the tyrannosaur ) , Peter Jackson's had  good story and dinos so I liked it, this one I don't know I feel like I'm just seeing a big ape beat up things.  In the original Kong VS Godzilla I laughed out loud to Kong's reaction at getting toasted. lol

Patrx

Yeah, Skull Island looks a lot better in terms of tone, characters, and structure than Godzilla 2014, so I definitely do want to see it at some point. I've never been specifically interested in Kong, but I did like the 2005 film, wherein he was basically a giant-sized version of a real gorilla.

Derek.McManus

All the major Kong films, 33, the 70's, Peter Jackson's and Skull Island have their own unique style and are worth a watch...I usually have a Christmas marathon so that's coming up shortly!  ;)

CityRaptor

Quote from: Derek.McManus on December 15, 2018, 02:15:47 PM
All the major Kong films, 33, the 70's, Peter Jackson's and Skull Island have their own unique style and are worth a watch...I usually have a Christmas marathon so that's coming up shortly!  ;)

Eh, I would leave the 70s version out of that list. You are also missing the Toho Kong movies.

And then there is that Netflix series. You know things are pretty bad when, despite having robot dinosaurs, the most interesting thing in the series is the android.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Derek.McManus

City Raptor...that's why I used the word unique! The 70's version is an interesting comment on the time period when it was made but definitely the weakest offering. The Toho versions have their own style.

acro-man

It's quite funny when you watch a monster movie.
It's the only time you completely empty your brain and feast your eyes mindlessly.
Because any thought of logic will kill the movie.

Too many bugs too often...
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Flaffy

Godzilla 2014 was very average. Felt like a generic monster vs popcorn flick.
It should've been more like the comic-con teaser in tone.

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVp3rV5ZrTI

Shonisaurus

I sincerely prefer Godzilla movies to philosophical films or even worthy of having many movie awards but that make even a hard time go by. Godzilla movies like those of King Kong make you forget your personal problems in every way and make you forget the sad reality in general terms that coexists with one.

Honestly I have not seen Godzilla movies but I prefer those films than others that make us remember even unpleasant things in life.

Derek.McManus

Mindless and harmless entertainment...I saw some of these movies as a child in the 70's and the joy of watching them stays with me to this day.

Derek.McManus

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor the70's Kong movie was filmed in the same part of Hawai as Jurassic Park and Lost.

ITdactyl

Only a few more days until the global release of Godzilla: Planet Eater... that should tide me over before "King of the Monsters".  I know the anime's an EMO-fest... but I'm just here for the Kaiju action.

dragon53

New sequel photo released of King Ghidora.

ITdactyl

OOooooh.. those glowering eyes.
I like how menacing he looks, compared to the stoic, almost placid look of Godzilla.

Brocc21

Well I haven't been on this thread to much for some reason. I've been with my GKOTM news elsewhere. But I'll just say this here and now. I AM SO FREAKIN HYPED FOR THIS MOVIE! Unpopular opinion, I adore the 2014 movie. It's not perfect but it did everything I want a movie to do. I liked skull island, it was cool. As l King Kong films go I like the 2005 one the best. But for monsterverse it worked. And man I'm going to see this movie opening day if I can.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: