You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Takama's one of a kind Gallery of Archinto Creations (1:40 Scale T.Rex Added)

Started by Takama, February 04, 2017, 05:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mamasaurus

Beautiful!  I love how majestic and noble it looks.  Rather similar to the quiet power a bear or lion usually has.  It looks like a real, believable animal. :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Jose S.M.

Reptilia

So far it looks like a great Tyrannosaurus sculpture, can't wait to see the final result.

Takama

The final result has replaced the In progress photos.

Im sorry for those who liked them, but maybe i should post them in Archintos thread if she lets me.

Reptilia

As an up-to-date depiction this is better than any commercially available Tyrannosaurus figure.

Sim

Both models are very impressive, even though with regards to the first one I personally have no interest in models that are made to represent outdated reconstructions.

Their feet don't look right though.  Both Tyrannosaurus models have five clawed toes on each foot, but the fifth metatarsal of Tyrannosaurus is extremely reduced and didn't support a toe.  On the feathered model, the first toe also looks too reversed for Tyrannosaurus.

Takama

Thank you for your critique. though i am a Stickler for Concistantsy , so most other Theropods i have her make may be made with this flaw.  I did NOT have her do this flaw by request, and im a little shocked that I did not know enogh about the Dinosaurs anatomy to not catch it sooner.

Archinto

Hmmm guess i needed to do more research too as i always thought it had two dewclaws. I can fix this if you need me to takama, or i can fix it in future models.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Takama

Quote from: Archinto on June 04, 2017, 07:47:16 PM
Hmmm guess i needed to do more research too as i always thought it had two dewclaws. I can fix this if you need me to takama, or i can fix it in future models.

This guy is too precious to place him back in the hands of the Postal Service.

Maybe fix it with future models.     ;)

RobinGoodfellow

..maybe the dewclaws aren't so right but honestly it doesn't matter to me because it's a beautiful figure..
:)

Sim

Quote from: Archinto on June 04, 2017, 07:47:16 PM

I've never seen Tyrannosaurus reconstructed with two dewclaws (on each foot) before.  The only dinosaurs I think I've ever seen reconstructed with two dewclaws are all 'basal' dinosaurs, like some non-sauropod sauropodomorphs or Triassic theropods.  I think it might be incorrect to give some of these two dewclaws as well, as their fifth metatarsals already look too reduced to support a toe (e.g. Massospondylus, Plateosaurus).  In a lot of theropods the fifth metatarsals are extremely reduced and don't appear to have supported a toe.  This occurs as early as in the Triassic species Coelophysis bauri.  Doing a Google search for "tyrannosaurus fifth metatarsal" brings up two results for books that basically say its fifth metatarsal didn't support a toe and was almost non-existent.

Reptilia

Sometimes things are great regardless of their scientific accuracy in every little detail. Fantastic piece Archinto!

Patrx

Great piece, Archinto, I really like the style! Aesthetically, I must say I preferred the "lipped" look the beast had in the in-progress stage, but I think you've landed on a really naturalistic design overall. Bravo!

Archinto

This is the very first "as scientifically accurate as i could make it" t-rex figurw that ive ever made. I really like how he came out dispite the feets :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Takama

It was going to be fully lipped, but a certain paper threw us off. and now its too late to go back.

Since im a stickler for consistancy, all Future Theropods will be tooth showing, but will have the correct feet, As i feel the former is more noticable then the latter.

Archinto

I have a feeling that alot of theropods would have had lips. I think its based mainly on how fossil evidence is for each species ypu have me make. Lets be uuber sure to double check everything. Ultimately i want you to be very happy with your models!

I may take another stab at t rex with lips, with the scales mentioned in the article. It could be they were built somethin similar toa modern lizards lips, such as an iguana or tuatara or other large primitive lizard.

Takama

Here he is with a famous Carnegie model

Takama

New and old Style Together

Oldstyle is 1:48 Scale. New Style is 1:40

Takama

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: