News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich 2018

Started by Irritation, March 13, 2017, 02:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you want to see in Schleich's 2018 line?

Plesiosaurus
8 (30.8%)
Baryonyx
5 (19.2%)
Suchomimus
4 (15.4%)
Mosasaurus
7 (26.9%)
Pteranodon remake
2 (7.7%)
Pachycephalosaurus
3 (11.5%)
Pachyrhinosaurus
2 (7.7%)
Ankylosaurus
2 (7.7%)
Gorgosaurus
1 (3.8%)
Daspletosaurus
2 (7.7%)
Diplodocus
5 (19.2%)
Tuojiangosaurus
7 (26.9%)
Torosaurus remake
2 (7.7%)
Chasmosaurus
1 (3.8%)
Maiasaura
2 (7.7%)
Ornithocherus
2 (7.7%)
Iguanodon remake
1 (3.8%)
Saltasaurus remake
5 (19.2%)
Albertosaurus remake
3 (11.5%)
Ceratosaurus remake
3 (11.5%)
Megaraptor
2 (7.7%)
Edmontosaurus
5 (19.2%)
Dromeosaurus
1 (3.8%)
Anchiceratops
4 (15.4%)
Fukuisaurus
3 (11.5%)
Tarbosaurus
3 (11.5%)
Saurolophus
5 (19.2%)
Deinonychus
1 (3.8%)
Megalosaurus
6 (23.1%)
Yutyrannus
3 (11.5%)
Euoplocephalus
2 (7.7%)
Irritator
3 (11.5%)
Oviraptor
2 (7.7%)
Camptosaurus
2 (7.7%)
Carcharodontosaurus
1 (3.8%)
Tenontosaurus
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Irritation

Voting ends when they get revealed.
Plus you can vote for more than one.

Libraraptor

Honestly, I don't care.  No matter what dinosaur they chose, the result will probably be a complete mess.

Irritation

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 13, 2017, 04:48:35 AM
Honestly, I don't care.  No matter what dinosaur they chose, the result will probably be a complete mess.
Well, what would be your least hated out of any?

sauroid

Ditto 1000x
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Lanthanotus

I go with Libraraptor and sauroid in this,.....

.... in the 2017 lineup the only decent figure is the Stegosaurus (despite its uninspired and dull paint scheme), all the rest looks like bad cartoon dinos. While I would hope that the sculptor of the likes as Pentaceratops, Kentrosaurus or Stegosaurus comes up with a decent Maiasaurus, Iguanodon (am rather curious if the rumors about a Papo come true though) or Fukuisaurus, I really think that Schleich as a company doesn't care. In my opinion even their formerly great modern animal figures seem to loose in sculpting quality while CollectA and Safari get better with every year, but for some weird reason it's hard as finding a needle in a haystack to find a shop (besides online shops) that sells anything different than Schleich - I feel like they grab for world domination despite an obvious lack of quality in several of their products.

Silvanusaurus

I dont want to see any dinosaurs from Schleich for 2018, or ever again. There is only so much pain one's eyes can endure.

tanystropheus

I chose Ornitho, Pterano, Mosa and Plesio as these are the only models that Schleich would be reasonably good at.

I also picked Saltasaurus as it was one of their stand out models. They could probably do a decent job if they don't zombify it (e.g Barapa) or dumb it down (e.g Brachio)

CityRaptor

Given Schleich's current line up and the fact that they have a Marvel license, I once again say:
Devil Dinosaur
Sauron
Stegron
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Quote from: Irritation on March 13, 2017, 04:57:53 AM
Well, what would be your least hated out of any?
Actually  I do have their Pentaceratops and Iguanodon and like them.And I dort have their Desmatosuchus,  too. If they just managed  to live up to this Level again I would not care about a species.

sauroid

if they'd revert back to what their prehistoric figures were like between 2000 to 2010 then i might recapture my fondness for Schleich's prehistoric figures again.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Schleich is getting worst from year to year so I'm no longer interested in that brand..  ???
I could buy again from Schleich only if they should return to the ReplicaSaurus quality.
If not, goodbye Schleich  ::)

Neosodon

I think shleich should just stick with some dinosaurs that no one could complain about a lack of scientific accuracy on such as....

Indominus Rex
Seismosaurus
Gigantosaurus

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Takama

Quote from: Neosodon on March 14, 2017, 05:28:25 PM
I think shleich should just stick with some dinosaurs that no one could complain about a lack of scientific accuracy on such as....

Indominus Rex
Seismosaurus
Gigantosaurus

Thats the worst thing any comapney can make. I hope this is a joke

CityRaptor

Not to mention it is copyrighted.
Seismosaurus would be a large Diplodocus, therefore they can mess it up.
Oh no

Neosodon

Quote from: Takama on March 14, 2017, 05:42:53 PM

Indominus Rex
Seismosaurus
Gigantosaurus

Thats the worst thing any comapney can make. I hope this is a joke

It's a joke. None of them are real. Shleich seems to have issues making dinosaurs that look real or scientifically accurate so they might as well make fake speicies.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

CityRaptor

Like I said before, they really should make use of their Marvel License to give us figures of Devil Dinosaur, Sauron and Stegron.
Oh no

Irritation

Indominus Rex
Seismosaurus
Gigantosaurus
A Seismosaurus would be awesome, especially if it's huge.

ZoPteryx

They seem to do an okay job on armored dinosaurs, so I voted for those.  And a few hadrosaurs.  The world needs more hadrosaurs.

sauroid

i can appreciate quadrupedal Ornithischian figures by Schleich. it is safe to assume that they wont have out of proportion ridiculously huge feet and wont have dentures-like teeth like what they do with their Theropods.

CityRaptor

Yep. Although I guess they won't make Ornithopods, due to them not selling well. They probably also do not fit into Schleich's plans for the Dinosaurs line.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: