News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pliosaur toy by Tone Hitchcock for the Bristol Museum

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 15, 2017, 04:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaprosaurus

alexeratops

Always so interesting to see life-sized models of prehistoric animals, really helps you grasp the scale. Great work Tone!
like a bantha!

modelnut

Quote from: Kaprosaurus on July 01, 2017, 12:25:18 AM
Quote from: modelnut on June 25, 2017, 07:27:05 PM

Is that the figure?

That is the maquette Tone made and painted before it was scanned to make the life-sized statue.

- Leelan

DinoToyForum

The exhibition at Bristol has opened. Does anyone know if they are selling this in the shop?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 16, 2017, 02:21:36 PM
The exhibition at Bristol has opened. Does anyone know if they are selling this in the shop?

I asked the museum shop and they said the figure should be on sale around the end of July.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on July 16, 2017, 06:25:07 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 16, 2017, 02:21:36 PM

I asked the museum shop and they said the figure should be on sale around the end of July.

Thanks, Invicta Hunter :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Tone said he asked the staff today while doing some on the big sculpture.  They told him hopefully early August.

Roselaar

Sooo... any news?  :)

I'd hate to miss out on this one like I did on the Dinosaurs in the Wild action figures.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Update frm Tone :

QuoteThanks to everyone who's shown an interest in getting the toy version of my Pliosaurus, which should shortly be on sale from Bristol Museum. We've tried to keep it as accurate as possible given the limitations of mass production, and also to keep it at a price range that suits pocket money, as it's aimed mostly at them. I'll post some pics as soon as I can.
However: if it sells well, and there is enough interest, we're hoping to be able to produce a 1:16 Collector's Edition (the toy is 1:32), which will be taken directly from the scan of my original maquette, and will be more detailed. I'll keep you informed of progress!
Here's a link to the Museum; they are happy to ship overseas, too. :)

QuoteSo, if all goes according to plan, 2,000 of these little critters should be arriving at Bristol Museum on the 23rd Aug...

Roselaar

Looks grand! Too bad the link to the museum is not provided, that overseas shipping sounds like something I would like to make use of. ;)

BlueKrono

Would it make sense to have them shipped in one package to the US and disburse them out?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

Tone said the museum is happy to ship overseas,  he said when i order mine he'll stop in and sign it for me. so that may be something too?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: BlueKrono on August 18, 2017, 01:58:07 PM
Would it make sense to have them shipped in one package to the US and disburse them out?

I'll have 2000 please ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 18, 2017, 05:46:42 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on August 18, 2017, 01:58:07 PM

I'll have 2000 please ;)

lol now thats an order!

It depends on individual vs mass shipping costs from the U.K.  once here there would be another 6.00 or more to ship them USPS which is about their cheapest option anymore.

Joey

I'm definetly going to order 1 of these beauties  :) :D :))
Who agrees with me?

PaleoMatt

Lanthanotus

Nice figure, but the most boring pose from what I see.

stargatedalek

I like the neutral pose. I'm rather sick of every marine reptile lunging to one side or the other mouth agape.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: