News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What 5 dinosaur books do you want?

Started by Cloud the Dinosaur King, May 07, 2017, 04:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I was wondering, what are the top 5 dinosaur books do you want? Here are mine:

Pterosaurs: Natural History, Evolution, Anatomy
The Tyrannosaur Chronicles: The Biology of the Tyrant Dinosaurs
The Sauropod Dinosaurs
The Late Jurassic: Notes, Drawings, and Observations From Prehistory
Dinosaurs: The Textbook Sixth Edition

Reptilia

I have no dino books, except for the original JP novel, so my wishlist goes like this:

- "The Lost World" (Michael Crichton)
- "All Yesterdays" (John Conway, C.M. Kosemen & Darren Naish)
- "Dinosaur Art: The World's Greatest Paleoart" (Steve White)
- "Predatory Dinosaurs of the World" (Gregory S. Paul)
- "The Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs" (Gregory S. Paul)

WarrenJB

I also want The Sauropod Dinosaurs... in fact it's on it's way now.

I haven't got All Yesterdays yet, despite the fact it Came Out Four Years Ago(!)

New Perspectives On Horned Dinosaurs.
Mark Witton's 'Book Three' and 'Book Four'.

amargasaurus cazaui

Sauropod Dinosaurs is a great book...I also am very fond of the Horned Dinosaurs book....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ZoPteryx

Oceans of Kansas, Second Addition: A Natural History of the Western Interior Sea (2017)
Dinosaur Art 2: The World's Greatest Paleoart (2017)
Birds of Stone (2016)
Prehistoric Mammals of Australia and New Guinea: One Hundred Million Years of Evolution (2003)
A Sea Without Fish: Life in the Ordovician Sea of the Cincinnati Region (2009)

WarrenJB

Quote from: WarrenJB on May 09, 2017, 08:22:20 AM
I also want The Sauropod Dinosaurs... in fact it's on it's way now.

And it's arrived.  Woo! So the new list is:

All Yesterdays.
New Perspectives On Horned Dinosaurs.
Mark Witton's 'Book Three' and 'Book Four'.
Matthew Martyniuk's books: Beasts of Antiquity or A Field Guide to Mesozoic Birds (andotherwingeddinosaurs). Bumps the list to six, but eh.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.