News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Ankylosaurus magniventris "War Pig"

Started by joossa, June 03, 2017, 04:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danmalcolm

I'll be buying one. I'm not too bothered by the inaccuracies, and I love everything else. The WS ankylosaurus is nearly untouchable accuracy-wise, but the size, detail, aesthetic appeal, and dynamism of the rebor make it the more desirable ankylosaurus for me by far. I know others prioritize the safari's strengths more than I do, though, so I can see why this isn't a home run for everyone. Personally, I love it. Thanks for posting the video.

Syndicate Bias

Oh no i dont mind the mouth seam lines. I just don't like how wide they go for the iguanodon and anky. Thats what i meant by learning. They need to put limiters on them. Other than that the tail is meh. I don't like detachable things because the big seam lines. They're still great models though. At least with Rebor and Papo you can expect quality materials and paint and details that rival some resin kits.

I think some people are a bit harsh on Rebor when it comes to their dinosaurs. Vitae isn't an angel either. They have very varying quality between models and as far as I'm concerned their materials are cheaper and paint applications are thin and easily rubbed off. Not say i don't like them, I mean they did make a nice giganotosaurus although after getting my resin kit giganotosaurus. i have to say the vitae one isn't as great compared to Resin kits especially considering how much it costs compared to a Rebor and Papo and almost equals in price to the cheapest Resin Kits from its own species. Even one from PNSO and papo are bound to be leagues better. Anyways enough ranting aside i think the ankys are great but some people need to calm down when clearly there's some bias in "accuracy" because they are more accepting of other companies who make similar mistakes.

Simon

Quote from: Reptilia on July 04, 2018, 08:00:59 PM
Quote from: Simon on July 04, 2018, 07:24:16 PM
Its (like all Papos) a very well done and detailed model.  :)

But that's also why Papo won't get my $$$ for this model.  >:D   A pity.  The scale is just right, too.  :-\

You probably mistook Rebor for Papo. Or you just wanted someone to point it out to you to imply that Rebor don't even have a style of their own?

Anyways, the model is good overall, the brown variant very cool, but the bendy tail seems just superfluous to me. That's why Rebor won't get my $$$ too.

*EGAD*!!!  You're correct!  :-[ :-[ :-[

I shall now delete my post because (as a result of my experience with them in 2014) I do not comment on any release by that particular company.

Reptilia

Are you serious Simon?

tanystropheus

Shonisaurus

I understand your pain with Simon and I share it. If you have answered badly or disrespected you, I understand that you have stopped buying them.

I recognize that some members of Rebor have gone through a lot of villages metaphorically speaking with many members of the forum and it is logical that they are angry. In my case, sincerely speaking, I put the dinosaurs before my pride (and I know that it is a very big defect), and if they had disrespected me (they have not gotten me directly) I would not take it into account.

There is a saying "that two do not argue if one does not want" and that is my philosophy. For four days we are in this world is not worth getting angry, in my case I distinguish companies from workers or managers and if I like a dinosaur I buy it. For example, I like the prehistoric crocodiles Meta (deinosuchus) and Lica (sarcosuchus) from Rebor.

I have to confess that my two favorite 2018 dinosaurs are Doug Watson's triceratops and ankylosaurus, not because they are from Safari but because I think they are the most scientific dinosaurs of the year.

I also recognize that there are other companies that are outstanding in their paleoartistic sculptures such as Vitae or PNSO and although people do not believe it, I also like Recur (even if that company is for children).

I understand your pain and anger Simon.

danmalcolm

What exactly did rebor do? I get that they are a little too awesomebro for even my tastes most of the time, but did they do something that justifies boycotting them? I ordered war pig already but I sure hope I didn't support anything unethical.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: danmalcolm on July 05, 2018, 02:17:08 AM
What exactly did rebor do? I get that they are a little too awesomebro for even my tastes most of the time, but did they do something that justifies boycotting them? I ordered war pig already but I sure hope I didn't support anything unethical.
Long story short, they had a representative who visited this forum and made some less than kind remarks about other dinosaur toy companies, even throwing insults at Safari, specifically at Doug Watson.  Now, there's been no indication one way or another if said representative is still with Rebor, but it was unprofessional and many members decided to avoid Rebor because of that.  I personally think that boycotting an entire company because of the actions of one person isn't necessarily justified, but I do understand the people that do so.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Simon

Quote from: Reptilia on July 04, 2018, 10:03:56 PM
Are you serious Simon?

Yes.  For a moment I thought I was looking at a Papo product.  Otherwise I would have ignored this thread.  ;)

Simon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 04, 2018, 11:16:12 PM
*SNIP*

I understand your pain and anger Simon.

I have no pain or anger.  ^-^  I just made a decision 4 years ago not to support them due to their past "marketing tactics".

danmalcolm

Wow. Ruuude. I take it rebor never apologized? I can understand folks not wanting much to do with the company after that. Sounds like the rep was a bad choice with a bad attitude.

Gwangi

From what I understand even their current Facebook interactions leave a lot to be desired but I haven't been keeping up on it too much.

Syndicate Bias

I have been keeping up with them. They seem chill these days even when shown aggression so it doesn't leave anything to be desired

Ceratosaurus

From what I understand they also had some of their fan boys purposely give bad ratings to figures made by their competitors on the DinoToyBlog as a way of getting back at those who rated their figures poorly. Some of their earlier figures had issues with warping and leaning over and such. I own a few of these figures but mine are from a newer batch and had little to no issues. Also with their upcoming Spinosaurus figure they even decided to make an "Awesomebro" version for Jurassic Park fans and an modern version for fans of accuracy. It is yet to be seen how the modern version will look but atleast they are trying to appease those who have complaints about the inaccuracies of some of their figures.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

tanystropheus

Quote from: danmalcolm on July 05, 2018, 03:05:04 AM
Wow. Ruuude. I take it rebor never apologized? I can understand folks not wanting much to do with the company after that. Sounds like the rep was a bad choice with a bad attitude.

I think they did apologize at some point.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on July 05, 2018, 04:57:58 AM
From what I understand they also had some of their fan boys purposely give bad ratings to figures made by their competitors on the DinoToyBlog as a way of getting back at those who rated their figures poorly. Some of their earlier figures had issues with warping and leaning over and such. I own a few of these figures but mine are from a newer batch and had little to no issues. Also with their upcoming Spinosaurus figure they even decided to make an "Awesomebro" version for Jurassic Park fans and an modern version for fans of accuracy. It is yet to be seen how the modern version will look but atleast they are trying to appease those who have complaints about the inaccuracies of some of their figures.

Which is why i keep saying people need to calm.down. rebor seems to have changed their ways also what maybe one of two representatives did does not equal.the entire company. I don't get why people think so, that's a bit close minded considering the current Rebor Reps havent done anything sketchy or rude

REBOR_STUDIO

Ok time to explain!

QuoteLong story short, they had a representative who visited this forum and made some less than kind remarks about other dinosaur toy companies, even throwing insults at Safari, specifically at Doug Watson.

What actually happened was that our products were heavily criticised by some forum users because they are not scientifically accurate enough, maybe some people thought that it was fun to talk about our figures with sarcastic tones through in some memes here and there but guess they didn't realise that words can sometimes be very cruel and hurtful, when people talk about REBOR they often think that it's just another company, well companies are made of people and people do have feelings, we wouldn't blame those people anymore since 4 years have past but they should know that they made our graphic designer Annie cried who was only 23 back then. She left the team.

We did not insult Safari or Doug Waston on purpose. We were arguing with some forum users then someone post a photo of Safari's Elasmosaurus saying that we can never reach its accuracy so we became quite frustrated and said something that we shouldn't have as a company, we are truly sorry for that but the truth is that we didn't know it was made by Safari&Doug Waston. We did apologise to Doug Waston afterwards.

QuoteFrom what I understand they also had some of their fan boys purposely give bad ratings to figures made by their competitors on the DinoToyBlog as a way of getting back at those who rated their figures poorly.

Some people were giving all of our figures including Ceratosaurus one star ratings simply because they are not scientifically accurate enough so we posted a photo and asked our fans whether they thought that those ratings were fair. We would never ask our fans to give bad ratings to figures made by other companies nor treat them as competitors because it's not a competition and we know all too well that we cannot survive alone since it takes every company's efforts to make the market prosper.

We sincerely apologise for what's happened 4 years ago and we admit that some of our approaches were immature since we too were in our early twenties. To forum users who we've offended we are truly sorry and would like to ask for your forgiveness. We have changed.

Ceratosaurus

I just want to say that I was just answering the question based on what I've read before. I myself haven't had any issues with Rebor as a company. I own a handful of products and plan to keep buying more. That being said I do understand why some members will not support them. I guess getting a late start to collecting was beneficial to me as I missed out on all this mess.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

empire3569

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on July 05, 2018, 10:01:53 AM
Ok time to explain!

QuoteLong story short, they had a representative who visited this forum and made some less than kind remarks about other dinosaur toy companies, even throwing insults at Safari, specifically at Doug Watson.

What actually happened was that our products were heavily criticised by some forum users because they are not scientifically accurate enough, maybe some people thought that it was fun to talk about our figures with sarcastic tones through in some memes here and there but guess they didn't realise that words can sometimes be very cruel and hurtful, when people talk about REBOR they often think that it's just another company, well companies are made of people and people do have feelings, we wouldn't blame those people anymore since 4 years have past but they should know that they made our graphic designer Annie cried who was only 23 back then. She left the team.

We did not insult Safari or Doug Waston on purpose. We were arguing with some forum users then someone post a photo of Safari's Elasmosaurus saying that we can never reach its accuracy so we became quite frustrated and said something that we shouldn't have as a company, we are truly sorry for that but the truth is that we didn't know it was made by Safari&Doug Waston. We did apologise to Doug Waston afterwards.

QuoteFrom what I understand they also had some of their fan boys purposely give bad ratings to figures made by their competitors on the DinoToyBlog as a way of getting back at those who rated their figures poorly.

Some people were giving all of our figures including Ceratosaurus one star ratings simply because they are not scientifically accurate enough so we posted a photo and asked our fans whether they thought that those ratings were fair. We would never ask our fans to give bad ratings to figures made by other companies nor treat them as competitors because it's not a competition and we know all too well that we cannot survive alone since it takes every company's efforts to make the market prosper.

We sincerely apologise for what's happened 4 years ago and we admit that some of our approaches were immature since we too were in our early twenties. To forum users who we've offended we are truly sorry and would like to ask for your forgiveness. We have changed.

Whoa back from the dead! Thank you for taking the time to clear some of that up and give an apology, is much appreciated. Does this mean you guys are going to have more of a presence on the Forum now?

Shonisaurus

I'm glad they came back to the forum. I am interested in your figures. It is a luxury that members of the forum are representatives of toy dinosaur companies and in this case of Rebor,

I celebrate it,  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: