News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich: New for 2018

Started by Takama, July 31, 2017, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

In fact I already bought in everythingdinosaur the tyrannosaurus, carnotaurus and velociraptor of 2018 that have them as exclusive figures and I attest that their figures are much better than I believed.

The weakest figure is the velociraptor while Schleich's tyrannosaurus rex is by far his best figure.

Now I will wait for the rest of the figures (except therizinosaurus). This year I am very happy with the company Schleich regardless of the defects they have made their best figures in twenty years.  :)

Sigmasaurus

Schleich's Oviraptor is IMO, their best figure ever made, like how they PROPERLY feathered it.

Archosauria

Im in love with their Oviraptor and Psittacosaurus.

I hope all their future models look as nice as those two.

The triceratops isn't too bad, either.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Shonisaurus

I love his dinogorgon and his tawa. Apart from being unpublished species in the collection of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals, their sculptures are spectacular.  8)

In regards to triceratops, oviraptor and especially psittacosaurus are also fabulous figures and I like them very much.  :)

Finally I bought (I admit) the tyrannosaurus rex, velociraptor and carnotaurus of 2018 on everythingdinosaur.co.uk and I can admit that his figures are very well made and it is more I do not regret at all having bought them, even if I am not a fan of Schleich and has been quite critical with its figures. Honestly in general terms the figures of these dinosaurs I like very much and I am this year very happy with Schleich although my preferences for other companies that need to be mentioned is well known by the members of the forum.

Frankly the year 2018 will be Schleich's best year for more than twenty years, that is, since they marketed their figures, although I also recognize that they have made memorable figures such as shonisaurus, macrauchenia, edmontonia, desmatosuchus or kronosaurus among other pretty figures for me.

CityRaptor

Kronosaurus among the good Schleichs? Seriously? That is a pretty poor figure.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 15, 2017, 06:12:56 PM
Kronosaurus among the good Schleichs? Seriously? That is a pretty poor figure.

Among the ancient classical Schleich was not the worst, knowing what Schleich was like. It is not a collectible figure, but in a way it was inspired by the Collecta company (she admitted it in the context of the painting), but considering that it is not of the same quality as the fabulous Collecta brand.

On the other hand the elasmosaurus Schleich was perhaps a poor figure, but the positive thing was that it was not made according to the old pattern in the style of "Loch Ness monster" with which long necked plesiosaurs were performed until that date Safari actually had an elasmosaurus very different from Schleich and that Safari is perhaps my favorite company.

CityRaptor

Well, the very first Replica Saurus figures were actually a replacement for the Carnegie Collection.
Oh no

Archosauria

I love the Dinogorgon, too! It's lovely.

The T. Rex also looks pretty good. I'm glad it's not a tripod.

The Raptor is inaccurate (duh) but at least they put some feathers on it, and I love the color scheme. (Heh...it's kinda funny how almost all the original schleich dinosaurs were all either dark brown or dark green, but now most their new dinosaurs are extremely bright and colorful.)

The Carnotaurus is good. It's not great, but it's good. But I'm honestly kinda getting sick of Carnotaurus. It's like Schleichs favorite dinosaur now.

The repainted Therizinosaurus is....ok. It's still an inaccurate model.

I'm iffy about the Tawa.
Pros: I like how they made an obscure species and I love how they put some feathers on it. I also like its fingers.
Cons: it looks very scrawny and I wish it had more feathers on it. Also the feet are too big.
I guess it's one of those figures that you have to see in person first.

But for the most part this seems like a successful year for Schleich. At least we know that Schleich can make some sweet models.

The Psittacosaurus is my top priority for next year.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

sauroid

i can't wait for next year either when the new ones start coming in my local outlet.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Reptilia

I kind of lost all my excitement already for the new Schleichs, maybe cause they leaked too early. Plus I'm sure that the good looking ones (Dinogorgon, Triceratops and Psittacosaurus) will be inevitably a little worse in person than on stock images. We'll see.

amargasaurus cazaui

The psittacosaurus has me excited, first the piece from Safari last year, and now this one. Not to be devil's advocate, but given the pieces already on the market, other than last years outing by Safari, schleich could make quite a few mistakes and still manage to make a better representation than most available.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sauroid

if they all turn out to be lousy as final products. then that would be a blessing in disguise for me because i'd save or spend my cash on something else. but im sure at least one or two of them would turn out to be acceptable.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Reptilia

I think they'll be ok, just not as great as they look in those catalogue images, which is understandable.

Archosauria

Papo and Schleich models both have a habit of not looking as good as the stock images show.

-Steve Miller

CityRaptor

As do hamburgers. Stock images are usually an idealized example.
Oh no

Reptilia

Quote from: Archosauria on October 20, 2017, 08:14:22 AM
Papo and Schleich models both have a habit of not looking as good as the stock images show.

No company can replicate 100% the quality of prototypes in mass-produced pieces, but Papo and Schleich are far from being the worst offenders.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 20, 2017, 08:26:27 AM
As do hamburgers. Stock images are usually an idealized example.

That statement does not seem fair to me. Papo makes dinosaur figures very good and superdetailed and are better than prototypes as a rule.

As for Schleich with the figures next year I am very happy. I bought everythingdinosaur Schleich tyrannosaurus rex 2018 and I can say that it is an abyssal improvement with respect to its previous figures, the same I can say of the carnotaurus, certainly its weakest figure is the velociraptor. They look like prototypes. So I guess the new figures of Schleich will be equal to them. As for the kentrosaurus Schleich 2017 I bought it and I can say in this case that its previous figure exceeds in detail the current from my point of view although it is not bad, however it has numerous seams on its plates.

Sincerely, we must give Schleich a margin of confidence with regard to Papo, it is true that his figures are not scientific (a point affirmed by paleontologists) but that does not mean that his figures are very detailed, meticulously well done and first quality.

As far as these figures are concerned, they are not made of toxic material. I would only compare dinosaurus with unhealthy food to the imitations that are made in China and in other countries that are copies of these companies apart from others like Collecta, Mojo, Safari or Rebor and with toxic and lead materials. What is said is not fair that statement.

tyrantqueen

It is impossible to get a mass production copy that is more detailed than the prototype. You're making a copy so some "crispness" of detail will be lost. But it is not noticeable for most people, who would not have handled an original.

QuoteThe psittacosaurus has me excited, first the piece from Safari last year, and now this one. Not to be devil's advocate, but given the pieces already on the market, other than last years outing by Safari, schleich could make quite a few mistakes and still manage to make a better representation than most available.
Call me crazy but I had a feeling you'd be happy about the Psittacosaurus ;)

Irritation

Quote from: Reptilia on October 20, 2017, 01:10:54 PM
Quote from: Archosauria on October 20, 2017, 08:14:22 AM

No company can replicate 100% the quality of prototypes in mass-produced pieces, but Papo and Schleich are far from being the worst offenders.
What about the Papo Ceratosaurus?

Reptilia

In fact Papo is the company that does the best job with their mass-produced models, at least with the earlier production runs. And they got better in recent years, as you suggest the Ceratosaurus looks almost exactly like the stock image. That's the reason, beside their artistic style, why I prefer Papo to other brands.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: