News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich: New for 2018

Started by Takama, July 31, 2017, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

Im still getting it b/c gorgonopisid toys are rare. I wonder if you could file the teeth down to make them look sharper.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 23, 2017, 12:17:24 PM
The Dinogorgon reminds me of the Bullyland Procynosuchus, but I'm sure it is just a coincidence.  :)

Well, they share more or less the same colors and pattern.... aswell as certain aspects of their morphology (the figures at least).

Quote from: terrorchicken on December 23, 2017, 06:03:05 PM
Im still getting it b/c gorgonopisid toys are rare. I wonder if you could file the teeth down to make them look sharper.

I dare say that could be possible, the plastic is quite hard and rigid.

Shonisaurus

The dinogorgon is not as bright as the inostrancevia of Safari, but it seems superior (perhaps because of its size to procynosuchus). I put it when I got a high rating and in front of the logical and well-founded criticisms of people who know the morphology of such animals I can not and should not comment because it would be a complete recklessness due to my ignorance.

I just like it and I rate it with an outstanding note without it being perfect. What I highlight about him is his detailed musculature and his differentiated teeth. What I would have liked that this figure, perhaps because it was a mammalian reptile, would have given it a certain fluff, as they have done with other paleoartistic representations of other mammalian reptiles such as cynognathus.

Joey

Man, I actually really like that Dinogorgon! The fact that this species was never made into a model/toy before and combined with the nice skin wrinkle detail, makes this a must-have for me.

Irritation

I still want that Dinogorgon. Maybe I'll try to get 5.

Joey

Quote from: Irritation on December 24, 2017, 12:12:07 AM
5 Dinogorgons? Sounds like a pack you have going on there.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Irritation on December 24, 2017, 12:12:07 AM

I want 5 Demogorgons...oops, I couldn't help myself...

The Dinogorgon very strongly resembles Kenner. It doesn't seem to fit the Schleich style at all. It does look nice, though. The mouth and palate are quite detailed and it seems that Schleich made an honest and reasonable attempt at recreating the species. The teeth could use a little work, perhaps a two-tone wash.

Reptilia

I have mixed feelings about this Dinogorgon. Blunted teeth are a typical Schleich issue, but in this particular case I could easily overlook it. What bothers me most is how sloppily painted are the teeth themselves. The figure's brown colour seems duller than in the promo image, but it's ok. It doesn't look that different detail-wise to me, maybe it's not an exceptionally detailed figure to begin with. With all its flaws it still is miles ahead to all other gorgonopsid figures available, I guess the choice is between getting this or wait for either a Papo or Rebor gorgonopsid.

acro-man

decent repaint by "J.Microraptor"
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

IrritatorRaji

Tawa from Rupi Bolz's review.
(Gif isn't the best quality, I recommend watching their video)

I think the Tawa is okay, but the oversized feet are just so annoying. It's shrink wrapped too, but a lot of dinosaurs are so I can kinda look past that. I can honestly say that I don't know much about Tawa itself so I don't really think there's much I can comment on. It doesn't look too different from its stock photo, which is nice considering that the Dinogorgon had quite a few glaring differences between the stock photo and the original product.

sauroid

that Tawa gif is kinda convincing me that it is an ok figure, but those feet are assaulting my eyes.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

spinosaurus1

i also think that the tawa is an alright figure. it's unfortunate that the oversize feet and slight shrink wrapping is whats holding it back from being a great figure. it has some nice fine, yet natural muscle definition and it does had some pretty nice detail as well. besides the wonky feet size, the rest of the figures proportions actually seem faithful to the actual animal

ceratopsian

Quote from: acro-man on January 01, 2018, 02:29:03 PM
That is exactly the sort of colour scheme it needed!

terrorchicken

Quote from: Lanthanotus on December 23, 2017, 06:59:05 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 23, 2017, 12:17:24 PM
The Dinogorgon reminds me of the Bullyland Procynosuchus, but I'm sure it is just a coincidence.  :)

Well, they share more or less the same colors and pattern.... aswell as certain aspects of their morphology (the figures at least).

Quote from: terrorchicken on December 23, 2017, 06:03:05 PM

I dare say that could be possible, the plastic is quite hard and rigid.

neat, personally I feel only the bottom canines would need filing, the top ones don't look too bad. And its funny how it copies the procynosuchus figure's paint scheme.

Shonisaurus

The dinosaurs of Schleich by order of the best at least good for me are the following:
1) Psittacosaurus, 2) Dinogorgon / Oviraptor 3) triceratops 4) tawa 5) tyrannosaurus, 6) carnotaurus 7) therizinosaurus repainted and finally 8) velociraptor new look.

For me this year has been the best in the history of Schleich in relation to dinosaurs and prehistoric animals.

japfeif

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on January 01, 2018, 03:29:53 PM
Tawa from Rupi Bolz's review.
(Gif isn't the best quality, I recommend watching their video)

I don't mind the shrinkwrapping, that's never usually an issue with me, but them are some BIG feet!  :o

japfeif

Quote from: acro-man on January 01, 2018, 02:29:03 PM

Very nice indeed....a good improvement. Subtle and yet colorful at the same time

Shonisaurus

Acro-man has turned a jewel already psittacosaurus Schleich (initial) with your psittacosaurus Schleich repainted in a work of honor or high stand-up, it looks more like a resin figure to a work made of PVC.  8)

Sincerely, your thumbs up!  :)

Minmiminime

That's a really naturalistic repaint of the Psittacosaurus, it seems more faithful to the research and really brings out the details. Wow, those details...I like it a lot! It's like Papo level model but without a peculiar pose/joints. I find the production paint a bit bright and cartoonish, it was putting me off getting this model, but having seen this I definitely want it now
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Libraraptor

Quote from: Minmiminime on January 01, 2018, 07:12:41 PM
That's a really naturalistic repaint of the Psittacosaurus, it seems more faithful to the research and really brings out the details. Wow, those details...I like it a lot! It's like Papo level model but without a peculiar pose/joints. I find the production paint a bit bright and cartoonish, it was putting me off getting this model, but having seen this I definitely want it now

I agree to everything you wrote about that repaint.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: