News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich: New for 2018

Started by Takama, July 31, 2017, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

YES. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG.

And the juvi-rex is only $10! Hopefully it will be that price in the states.
Can't wait till they stock to Amazon.

Libraraptor

Compared to the superb Psittacoaurus and Gorgonopsid and the more than average Oviraptor, these are severe backlashes.

Dilopho

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 21, 2018, 07:18:38 AM
Compared to the superb Psittacoaurus and Gorgonopsid and the more than average Oviraptor, these are severe backlashes.
Eh, I'd rather they put more effort into the underdogs. Those three species are under-represented in kid's toys, so It's nice that they all have good figures from Schleich now. Whereas the more popular species like Tyrannosaurus and Therizinosaurus will sell nicely anyway.

CityRaptor

Yep. Those are the ones that sell anyways. Their target audience does not ask for reality, they ask for more teeth. Which is probably why the best Schleich figures are usually herbivores...and unfortunately often also retired rather early.

Anyone else thinks that the descriptions are kind funny?
QuoteA Schleich juvenile Tyrannosaurus rex dinosaur model. A superb, hand-painted Schleich Tyrannosaurus rex juvenile.  A Schleich Conquering the Earth juvenile T. rex.
QuoteA Schleich juvenile Therizinosaurus dinosaur model. A wonderful hand-painted Schleich Therizinosaurus juvenile.  A Schleich Conquering the Earth Therizinosaurus juvenile.

Geez, I really wonder what animals those are, what stage of maturity they have reached and what company made them...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Mini Minmi

Much juvenile! Such Scleich! Very therizinosaurus!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on June 21, 2018, 12:06:07 PM
Eh, I'd rather they put more effort into the underdogs. Those three species are under-represented in kid's toys, so It's nice that they all have good figures from Schleich now. Whereas the more popular species like Tyrannosaurus and Therizinosaurus will sell nicely anyway.

Honestly Schleich's juvenile tyrannosaurus I see it better even than his adult tyrannosaurus on the other hand the juvenile therizinosaurus is an improvement over his adult figure.

In my case I like dinosaurs well done and sincerely this year for Schleich has been a brilliant and outstanding year, I celebrate that dark figures in the toy market as psittacosaurus, dinogorgon and oviraptor have been done very well, but in the case for example of tyrannosaurus although this year 2018 is very good, I would not say the same with respect to the therizinosaurus I would like Schleich to make definitive figures of those species for example of therizinosaurus that although it has improved with the new touch of paint if they did it in the style of other companies well detailed and well finished would mean greater profits for the company Schleich in the sense that they would buy more those demanded figures for example tyrannosaurus or therizinosaurus.

Schleich is a big company but I should start the house from the foundations instead of the texas to say making emblematic figures of dinosaurs and with high expectations of sale in the markets of finished form a master and updated example is the magnificent triceratops Schleich 2018 and after try dark figures made with the same level of genius and drama as has happened with the dinogorgon, oviraptor and psittacosaurus and to a lesser extent the tawa.

SidB

Congratulations on reaching the 2000 post plateau!

Shonisaurus

Has released Rupi Bolz (Germany) a general video of the latest news from Schleich 2018. My opinion on the figures:

The pteranodon is not the pterosaur that I would like, sincerely the ensemble desolves and with all my respects the sculptor is a figure that borders on the caricature, although I will buy it in order to complete the collection in my case I do not recommend it to any member of the forum. It was by far the best model of Schleich's pteranodon from the Humbold Museum in Berlin.

Schleich's juvenile therizinosaurus is a good figure, for me the best therizinosaurus made by the Schleich company, I do not know the German language but it seems that it does not have an articulated jaw. On the other hand the arrangement of the feathers as they are arranged makes it a worthy dinosaur and its score would put it at 6.9 out of 10.

The Schleich tyrannosaurus juvenile 2018 is perhaps by far the best figure of tyrannosaurus made to date by the Schleich company and its details are very realistic apart from his painting although plumage details are missing in that tyrannosaurus (I think it is a pending issue for part of Schleich) my opinion on that figure is that it is outstanding and highly recommended to collect. I pass without further ado the video.

Note: The first few minutes of the video are very boring and I suggest you go over them to get to see how interesting the Schleich 2018 latest semester is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1J7LeTnvsw

tanystropheus

Does the juvenile label render the Theri more accurate?

Not sure what to make of the sticker-ish eyes on T-rex and Theri. These models have very rich paint jobs.

Libraraptor

Quote from: SidB on June 22, 2018, 01:54:06 AM

Congratulations on reaching the 2000 post plateau!

:))

IrritatorRaji

Just picked up the Juvenile Rex from ED. It looks interesting. Thing with Schleich though is that, somehow, they look so bad in pictures but in hand they're actually really... nice? Like, their new Carnotaurus, I'd always lambasted it up until I saw it for myself in a toy shop (along with all of Schleichs other dinosaurs), in hand it's actually really decent. So yeah, maybe I'll like this Rex way more in hand?

Sim

When I've been in shops and seen Schleich prehistoric figures in person, I've found they're basically as bad/mediocre as I'd expect them to be from photos I saw previously, or in some cases the figure is actually worse than I expected.  I've never seen a Schleich prehistoric figure in person and found it was better than I expected.

The Schleich juvenile T. rex doesn't look awful to me, although it also isn't something I find appealing.  It appears to be among the better Schleich prehistoric figures, although it seems to look more like an adult T. rex.  It's a stark contrast to the juvenile Therizinosaurus that looks like a poorly-done extraterrestrial and the Pteranodon, these two figures look to be examples of Schleich at its worst.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Ivysaur on June 23, 2018, 08:51:24 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on June 23, 2018, 07:59:37 PM
Does the juvenile label render the Theri more accurate?

Not sure what to make of the sticker-ish eyes on T-rex and Theri. These models have very rich paint jobs.

What I did read from Everythingdinosaur is that the Juvenile made for Children. The normal Schleich and such brands; Collecta, Papo, etc etc are normally harvested by adults, haha.

True, what you say. That does not mean that collectors, as in my case, collect them. Sincerely this year is the best of all the years of the Schleich brand since the disappearance of the dinosaurs of Humbold Berlin.

The Schleich dinosaurs are intended for a more childish audience, but that does not mean that there are collectors as is my case that we buy them. There are quite good Schleich dinosaurs 2018 like the oviraptor and psittacosaurus and even the triceratops and very good prehistoric animals like the dinogorgon.

Apart from that I work in a Library and I can assure you that many novels and books that exist in the Children's-Juvenile room, in this case Juvenile are usable for any adult and even their novels are better than many novels of recognized authors in the literary field and I do not exaggerate you. The same can be said about the dinosaur brands of Schleich and even Recur that I recognize that I collect and in my case I am not a child.

Incidentally, Schleich this year is taking a step forward in terms of good and even notable figures without saying that companies like Collecta or Papo are more evolved by now with respect to Schleich. What we have to wait for is that Schleich will one day put himself in the totality of his figures at the same level as those companies and others that I have in mind in terms of genius and acceptance of his figures at collector level.

IrritatorRaji

The new "juvenile" T.rex :D Still a better adult Rex than Schleich's actual adult Rex if you ask me  ::)

Jose S.M.

It does look better, something about the proportions (except for the feet) makes it look more believable. I like it's head sculpt.

Shonisaurus

It's the best Schleich tyrannosaurus I've seen in its history. It is very well finished. He has a masterful pose, far from the tripod positions and the excessively large feet to which the Schleich brand had accustomed us. It is by far the best theropod that this company has done and I believe that I am not exaggerating.

Schleich is encouraged to continue with this dynamic. It has the potential to spare and in fact is proving it to be at the same level as other leading toy companies. I'm happy for Schleich.

terrorchicken

wow yeah its really nice. It would make a good albertasaurus stand in too,

DragonRider02

Hey, that T-rex actually looks pretty cool! Much better than on the stock images! I think I am gonna buy him when he finally shows up in the local toy stores. Only the rounded teeth looks weird to me; kinda like he was having a brush inside of his mouth lol

Overall, I am really impressed and satisfied with this years Schleich's dinos. I hadn't bought so many of their stuff in past three years as I bought in this year!

tanystropheus

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on June 26, 2018, 02:09:57 PM
The new "juvenile" T.rex

Well, Schleich's previous adult T-rex is based on contemporary paleoart, so we can't really fault them too much. The same goes for their DK Giga interpretation.

mgaguilar

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on June 26, 2018, 02:09:57 PM
The new "juvenile" T.rex :D Still a better adult Rex than Schleich's actual adult Rex if you ask me  ::)

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji Good to see! Thank you so much for posting. Now I NEED it, ahaha,

Mind me asking where you bought it from so quickly? I've been waiting for Amazon for awhile.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: